PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Russian Circles' "Micah"

clarity.
10-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Whenever I listen to Russian Circles' song "Micah" from their brilliant record "Enter", I feel that it sounds a bit like "Right In Two". But a lot better.

Discuss.

Confield
10-22-2006, 07:55 AM
What are you hoping to achieve with this discussion?

mjkajdcjc
10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
What are you hoping to achieve with this discussion?

Obviously, he's trying very hard to sound cool. I mean, everyone I know that has any friends listens to Russian music all day long.

rsh
10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
why dont the both of you listen to the song hes refering to before you make any assumptions.

donhumberto
10-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Whenever I listen to Russian Circles' song "Micah" from their brilliant record "Enter", I feel that it sounds a bit like "Right In Two". But a lot better.

Discuss.
I already know russian circles and they are a third rate Mogwai/Godspeed wannabe band that doesn´t have a decent tune in their whole record. The fact that they are much lesser known than Tool doesn´t make them any better. Needless to say, Right in two is lightyears beyond Micah. Does that answer your question?

duncang
10-31-2006, 07:33 AM
third rate Mogwai/Godspeed wannabe band

That is likely to be because they are in the same genre.

Elgyn
11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I find the structure of Micah more interesting because it's not as obvious what's going on, i.e. slow build up leading to breakdown, leading to final cresecendo, kind of thing. I like Right in Two, but it doesn't really have any surprises throughout the song.

I've gotta say though, I'm not a fan of the final climax in Micah, it seems to me like they've relied on a wall of noise to finish would could have been awesome if they'd done some crazy rhythmic / melodic stuff. Right in Two seems to finish better to me.

What makes you think Micah's better?