PDA

View Full Version : this song is well amazing

subconkc
05-29-2003, 12:48 PM
The lyrics to pushit are the most amazing lyrics i have ever heard pure genius, "who am i to judge or strike you down" those lyrics mean so much to me i coundnt even begin to describe........ the song goes through an adventure its hard rock and then all the sudden it slows down to reveal a beautiful whole new song.... "put me somewhere i dont want to be" cant everyone relate to this???? Maynard hit it hard on this one..... I'm glad people agree when Tool makes long songs they make GREAT songs!!!! they take you on a journey out of your life and into almost like a trance.... its crazy! this song is GORGEOUS there is so many other words for it

Deftones
05-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Yepz... your right.. but i dont feel like this song is the greatest they ever wrote... i think "Dispostion" has a much deeper meaning, despite the few lyrics... and if you connect it with "Reflection" and "Triad" then it just turns out to be a masterpiece...

but about this song, it ahs some really good lyrics, af course.. like you said.. it just happens to be the other way... too bad!

Tantobourne
05-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I'll probably end up posting another "I agree" post many more times in the future. The song didn't really sink in until I got the Salival set and listened to the slow version. Up until then it was just "What the hell is up with all this talk about the slow version?"

The line I love the most in the song is:

"If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay"

and the next two lines afterwards as the song winds down. It's been sang at the top of my lungs many-a-day in the fast lane going home, after work.

-Tant

Deftones
05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tantobourne

and the next two lines afterwards as the song winds down. It's been sang at the top of my lungs many-a-day in the fast lane going home, after work.

*edit* hoping not to crash*

Tantobourne
05-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Deftones
*edit* hoping not to crash*

lol...yeah, there's been times.

Officer: "Just what were you doing at the time that you rear ended the other person?"

Me: "Uhmm.....singing?"

revolver_7
05-29-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah it is a good song ...

i think im going to put salival in my cd player tonight before i go to sleep....

REvolver.....

erazorhead
05-29-2003, 06:50 PM
that is my staple going to sleep album, but i program it to leave off LAMC, because it is the worst thing to hear when you are on the verge of a pleasant sleep after the genius of the previous tracks.

also, listening to lateralus and falling asleep only to wake up to the last track is the creepiest thing eve., i think tool have a thing for encouraging sleep deprivation and fear amongst fans

Tantobourne
05-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by erazorhead
only to wake up to the last track is the creepiest thing eve

lol....it's a little off the thread topic but, yeah, I had the Lat album playing in the background one night and it completely caught me off guard. If I'd been on any sort of hallucinogenic stimulant I'd have crapped my pants and cralwed into my shell. If I was a little more off center I'd be running heedlessly away from the noise and looking over my shoulder with terrified eyes, bouncing off of every object in front of me without a whim in the world...just trying to get away.

It remindes me of "Epilogue" off of Skinny Puppy's "Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate" album. It just has this ambient evil about it. If you haven't heard the song, find it and liten to it if you can. It's nothing earth shattering but perhaps one might see the comparison.

Then again...."The Thing that should no be" creeped me out the first time I listened to the lyrics. Of course, then, I was heavily blazed, too ; )

Now...how do I bring this all back to Pushit? Oh, yeah, "Pushit does rule!"

-Tant

dawn
05-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by subconkc
The lyrics to pushit are the most amazing lyrics i have ever heard pure genius, "who am i to judge or strike you down" those lyrics mean so much to me i coundnt even begin to describe........ the song goes through an adventure its hard rock and then all the sudden it slows down to reveal a beautiful whole new song.... "put me somewhere i dont want to be" cant everyone relate to this???? Maynard hit it hard on this one..... I'm glad people agree when Tool makes long songs they make GREAT songs!!!! they take you on a journey out of your life and into almost like a trance.... its crazy! this song is GORGEOUS there is so many other words for it

...Did we just bare witness to a Toolgasm?

...h00z yur daddy?

Deftones
05-30-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Tantobourne
lol...yeah, there's been times.

Officer: "Just what were you doing at the time that you rear ended the other person?"

Me: "Uhmm.....singing?"

Officer: "What kind of song were you singing?"

You: "uhmm....Pushit, from TOOL"

Officer: "Why didnt you say that right away?.... Move on!"

You: *Step on it... and singin further along with the song*