PDA

View Full Version : deceptions of weed...

vicarious462
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Here it goes....I think this song is about the hypocrisy of weed not being legal. I know it is weird, but as a former weed smoker...I always felt the hypocrisy of people being so high and mighty, and coming down on pot smokers, when the same people thought alcohol and tobacco were ok because they were legal. Anyone knows --these things are just as harmful, if not worse---Then , these very same people were thrown in jail for DUI's and worse.....

Liar, lawyer - mirror, for you what's the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned. He's guilty as the government.

Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
(Musta) got lemon juice up in your eye
Now when you pissed all over my black kettle.

You must've been high!

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters
Ganja? P-lease!
You must have been out your mind

jnick3810
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
this is the first time ive posted on here, just wanted to say i agree with you and also think it might have somthing to do with blaming things on being high or drunk, at the end when he says Gonja please you must have been out your mind i think he is talking about when someone fucks up and says oh man i was so high

mjkajdcjc
12-11-2006, 05:27 PM
this is the first time ive posted on here, just wanted to say i agree with you and also think it might have somthing to do with blaming things on being high or drunk, at the end when he says Gonja please you must have been out your mind i think he is talking about when someone fucks up and says oh man i was so high

Congrats on your first post here.

TWENTY-THREE
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Congrats on your first post here.

How high do the veles go here? The highest I've seen is 11(iota w/2500 posts)

TWENTY-THREE
12-11-2006, 09:09 PM
How high do the veles go here? The highest I've seen is 11(iota w/2500 posts)

Alright, I looked around, and I've seen level 13 with about 10,000 posts.

jnick3810
12-12-2006, 01:14 AM
thank you!

thats 2 now

maggie72
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
The song title is short for The Pot calling the kettle black. It's about hypocrisy(any form of it). You could mold the song to fit any example of hypocrisy...just my 2 cents about it.

side note: when I saw them live, this song came on, and everyone lit up their joints. Personally, I waited til the song was over, before I lit mine.

morgoth's shadow
06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
this is pretty much my interpretation as well. i really don't get people who think it somehow has nothing to do with marijuana and yet it's all over the lyrics. interpret it however you want but don't say that the meaning they had in mind wasn't drug-related (or drug-induced for that matter) because it obviously was. "you must have been high" is a reference to alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine being widely used among the people in power who keep the drug war going (espressos and lattes in the morning, wine and scotch in the evening, and a fine cigar every now and then) and also to power itself being the most destructive drug ever.

Cheesegreater
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM
this is pretty much my interpretation as well. i really don't get people who think it somehow has nothing to do with marijuana and yet it's all over the lyrics. interpret it however you want but don't say that the meaning they had in mind wasn't drug-related (or drug-induced for that matter) because it obviously was. "you must have been high" is a reference to alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine being widely used among the people in power who keep the drug war going (espressos and lattes in the morning, wine and scotch in the evening, and a fine cigar every now and then) and also to power itself being the most destructive drug ever.

I like this, and it's totally true. They're fighting this war on drugs with espressos, lattes, wine, scotch, and cigars to keep 'em tickin'. It really is rediculous. I too don't know why people try to act like this song isn't about drugs or weed for that matter. Like you said, it's all over the lyrics.

aenima19
11-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Here it goes....I think this song is about the hypocrisy of weed not being legal. I know it is weird, but as a former weed smoker...I always felt the hypocrisy of people being so high and mighty, and coming down on pot smokers, when the same people thought alcohol and tobacco were ok because they were legal. Anyone knows --these things are just as harmful, if not worse---Then , these very same people were thrown in jail for DUI's and worse.....

Liar, lawyer - mirror, for you what's the difference?
Kangaroo be stoned. He's guilty as the government.

Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
(Musta) got lemon juice up in your eye
Now when you pissed all over my black kettle.

You must've been high!

Ganja? P-lease!
You must have been out your mind

i agree and also "who r u to wave ur fatty fingers at me u must have been out ur mind" refers to those who r against the use of weed (cops ect.)

buthers
12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Weed should be legal because it gives me deep thoughts.

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree. Especially with the "Ganja? Please!" part.

I don't think he's taking some ganja that's been offered to him, either. I think that earlier in the song, he was being kinda "sarcastically hypocritical" by claiming that the antagonist "must have been high",

"Ganja? Please. You must have been out of your mind" = "You did this cause you were high? Fuck off. You'd have to be INSANE."

Triangular_Vision
01-19-2008, 03:40 PM
im sorry but this is just funny. Im pretty sure that the pot is in more relation to America being a "melting pot" of cultures. The indigo and yellow (lemon juice) might have to do more with what the colors mean. Ever heard of a "kangaroo court?"

I dunno, im not bashing or nothing. But i seriously doubt that this song is about marijuana.

Triangular_Vision
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM
waitin in the front yard sittin on a log,
a single shot rifle and a one eyed dog,
'yonder come my kenfold in the moonlight,
lousiana saturday night.

Triangular_Vision
01-19-2008, 03:44 PM
my brother bill and my other brother jack
belly full of beer and a possum in a sack!