PDA

View Full Version : Who is Harry Manback?

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
"Message to Harry Manback is a recording of the words of an uninvited
Italian guest who came to Maynard's house one day. A so-called friend
of a friend of a friend of Harry's .... Before we finally managed to
figure out that nobody really knew him, he had already emptied the fridge and run up a huge phone bill. He got kicked out of the house." This is what Danny said in an interview.

hushypushy
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
You know, that's been in the site's FAQ for years ;)

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Yea I know, but someone else asked about it in the first Harry Manback, so I just saw that nobody had posted and I left one. Sorry!

mjkajdcjc
10-23-2006, 04:25 PM
My work here is done!

opiated
11-11-2006, 02:21 PM
[Posted in the other thread of the same name in the Ænima forums:]More like a message from and directed to someone else. (Wink, wink.)

There's more to it than what's in the FAQ. Danny played with the details a bit.

Chris_Brightwell
11-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Srsly ... RTF(FAQ).

opiated
11-12-2006, 08:44 AM
I take it you're the person responsible for playing with my account here. Listen, I don't know who you think you are, but just because I've heard a different version of the story about how the Messages appeared on two subsequent Tool albums and just because you've let your position as the "assistant administrator" around here go to your head doesn't give you the right to fuck with someone's account and call them "a noob."

If you want to take an issue up with me, do it in some other way other than posting "read the fucking FAQ" and hacking my account. That is a very unprofessional way to handle something of that sort. You do have a rather large responsibility to carry under your belt, but that should mean you act mature rather than irresponsible and irrational like you did. I wasn't saying that what Danny said wasn't how it happened, I was just saying there's a few details that he skipped on, that's all. So, please, try to listen the next time, okay?

Chris_Brightwell
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I take it you're the person responsible for playing with my account here.Only because it was too long. RTF(Rules (http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=74)).

Listen, I don't know who you think you are [...]I'm an admin.

but just because I've heard a different version of the story about how the Messages appeared on two subsequent Tool albums and just because you've let your position as the "assistant administrator" around here go to your head doesn't give you the right to fuck with someone's account and call them "a noob."Your sig was too long. I fixed it.

If you want to take an issue up with me, do it in some other way other than posting "read the fucking FAQ" and hacking my account.LMAO. I didn't hack anything. I used the admin control panel to fix your sig, which was too long.

That is a very unprofessional way to handle something of that sort. You do have a rather large responsibility to carry under your belt, but that should mean you act mature rather than irresponsible and irrational like you did. Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.

I wasn't saying that what Danny said wasn't how it happened, I was just saying there's a few details that he skipped on, that's all. So, please, try to listen the next time, okay?You got it, dude.

opiated
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Only because it was too long. RTF(Rules (http://toolnavy.com/announcement.php?f=74)).

You could have sent a PM saying that. I would've gladly corrected the problem, no questions asked.

I'm an admin.

I can see that.

Your sig was too long. I fixed it.

Like I said, a PM could have solved the problem just as well and you wouldn't have had to correct it yourself or have me seeing a film of red.

LMAO. I didn't hack anything. I used the admin control panel to fix your sig, which was too long.

See above.

Just try another approach that seems a little less despot next time and you won't have me bitching at you. :)

Chris_Brightwell
11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
You could have sent a PM saying that. I would've gladly corrected the problem, no questions asked.I solved the problem, sans PM.

Like I said, a PM could have solved the problem just as well and you wouldn't have had to correct it yourself or have me seeing a film of red.Like I said, I solved it myself.

And I was hardly "correcting" myself here. I was correcting your faulty assumption regarding my motives. And I really couldn't care less what color film you're seeing.

See above.Ditto that.

Just try another approach that seems a little less despot next time and you won't have me bitching at you. :)I don't care if you bitch at me or not. I'm just doing my job here.

Your use of the word 'despot' is quite egregious, by the way.

opiated
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Why did you want to solve it yourself -- can you explain that at least? Honestly, it wouldn't have been a big deal to have me correct the problem.

Ah, fuck the whole damn conversation.

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
This is funny...

opiated
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
This is funny...

Too bad the show's over.

Chris_Brightwell
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Why did you want to solve it yourself -- can you explain that at least? Because I'm an admin. That's what I do.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been a big deal to have me correct the problem.That's why we have mods. Also, it's faster for me to just fix it.

Ah, fuck the whole damn conversation.Interesting decision.

Arctangent
11-23-2006, 04:45 AM
seconds away... round three.

*ding*

opiated
11-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah. I'm just going to let it go and forget it.

Call it a draw, whatever. I don't give a shit.

Chris_Brightwell
11-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah. I'm just going to let it go and forget it.Good idea.

Call it a draw, whatever.I call it you getting your panties in a knot over me doing my job. It's not that uncommon around here.

I don't give a shit.Clearly.

mjkajdcjc
11-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Amazing thread...

I didn't know that's who Harry Manback was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomisatool
12-09-2006, 01:03 PM
haha, that was blown so far out of proportion!

Forever In Debt
12-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Seriously...

Terry21
12-16-2006, 03:38 AM
[Posted in the other thread of the same name in the Ænima forums:]More like a message from and directed to someone else. (Wink, wink.)

There's more to it than what's in the FAQ. Danny played with the details a bit.

OMG has it got somethng to do with 2112, 23 and Maynard's timeline?

Or do you just wanna tell us what you know?

mjkajdcjc
12-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Why did that guy even try to outsmart or pwn an admin?

the midas touch
12-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Isn't Harry Manback the guy from the Bill Hicks comments on adult films in hotels?

How he paid for them then all he would see is the hairy backside of a man {Harry Manback, if you will}.

The first time I noticed the title name, I figured this was just another MJK--Hicks reference (Los Angeles in Aenima, Eulogy, quote at the beginning of Third Eye, and a few more)

opiated
12-18-2006, 01:31 PM
"This song explores sound and emotion in an odd way. If you don't know English or Italian, this song might sound very much like a passionate love poem, but in actuality it's a message from a person that is very angry, very hurt and very bitter."

Esteban Crespo
04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
"This song explores sound and emotion in an odd way. If you don't know English or Italian, this song might sound very much like a passionate love poem, but in actuality it's a message from a person that is very angry, very hurt and very bitter."

It works the same way as Die Eier Von Satan does. I wish I didn´t know english and italian. I don't know german and worked great.

The Villain
06-05-2014, 05:30 PM
It works the same way as Die Eier Von Satan does. I wish I didn´t know english and italian. I don't know german and worked great.

I made one of my friends (who doesn't know English or Italian) listen to this song, and he thought it was a final message of a dying man instead of a passionate love poem.