PDA

View Full Version : Probably Been Said Before

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 02:29 PM
This song represents the unitarian viewpoint. That at one point all religions were the right one, then, they fell apart. The pieces are now corrupt, molded shadows of the once great temple. This song says if the pieces don't communicate with each other than we are doomed. At least, that is what I hear. I am sure this has been said before...and if it has been then sorry!!

mjkajdcjc
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
This is one of the many interpretations of this song that get spewed up very often. It's a very surface level translation of this song.

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks...

benjiman
11-30-2006, 12:41 AM
"Chester" don't act like you know the meaning of the song. You have a meaning, and so does Forever In Debt, who are you to say which is right. May have been said before but it's viable. I don't think we should say things are surface level or not with Tool...

overthinking, over-analyzing...

Yoxodo
11-30-2006, 01:49 AM
ultimately, whatever maynard's "message" in this song might or might not be i don't think it's all that important trying to analyze HIS meaning of the song...I just think everyone should draw their own conclusions about what the song means to THEM and not what it's "supposed" to mean...so Forever In Debt's interpretation is just as viable as anyone else's, including mine...

ZiGgy
12-05-2006, 09:50 PM
i simply think the tune is about relationships...it doesnt seem hard to understand