PDA

View Full Version : A joke

CrypticSage
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
The first time I heard it all I could do was laugh. This is mainly because I hear a kazoo accompaning the vocals ever-other line. Does anyone else hear this? I specifically got a forum account to find out if anyone else has heard this, so please let me know.

BabyDal
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah that was pretty funny to hear...At first, it's a serious chant, then all of a sudden that accompaniment appears. I thought it was that talk box thing...

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Yea, I heard it too and it made me laugh. But I don't really see this song being a joke. Maybe it links in with some of the other songs...

BabyDal
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Yea, I heard it too and it made me laugh. But I don't really see this song being a joke. Maybe it links in with some of the other songs...

Oh I definitely don't see it as a joke. I'm sure there's a purpose for its placement and such. I've heard many complaints about it being on the album, but I think it's really beautiful, actually.

Terry21
10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah that was pretty funny to hear...At first, it's a serious chant, then all of a sudden that accompaniment appears. I thought it was that talk box thing...

I think it's some kind of distortion effect on the vocals.

I think the song is a cool little thing. No reason to say it destroys anything of the album, it's just cool.

iAMtheMA!
10-18-2006, 09:12 AM
it's awesome. i love it.

Exarch
10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
almost up to the likes of intermission tbh

mjkajdcjc
10-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh I definitely don't see it as a joke. I'm sure there's a purpose for its placement and such. I've heard many complaints about it being on the album, but I think it's really beautiful, actually.

Like a Harry Manback. It was pretty funny to hear the first time.

slamminsalmon
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
i didnt think it was intended to be funny at all.

the voice is very soothing to me when i listen. i know i could listen to that kind of chanting for some time. i agree with it seeming like an intermission.

amenorakumo
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
sing along with everything you've got. Let your lungs fill and empty naturally with the singing. very cleansing

rogerdoger
10-25-2006, 06:54 PM
It's a cool song, there have been so many threads on this being a "joke" now.....

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, it leads into trips very well too. And has anyone ever tried to see if he may infact be saying somthing?? I don't think he is, but I'm sure that there are some speculations...

littlejason
11-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow, is this thread a joke? It's not a kazoo people.

It's a Dijiridoo (sp?), and i know that alone sounds like a joke. But for those who don't know, it's a tubed instrument that tends to run about 4-6 ft. in length...it sounds dirty and frankly, it is, but you blow air and hum into one side and the sound comes out the funneled end. It IS an instrument people.

I really hope i just wasted my time and this thread was a joke.

WwWwW
01-02-2007, 06:06 AM
-Lipan: ancient culture
-Suddenly a guitar says:

cultures are being threatened by Society and Media
word.