10-15-2006, 08:24 PM
don't know; won't know.

discuss

spacemonkeyadb
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
You first.

jonboy
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
The phrase could relate to QM but does QM relate to the song?

Ddevil
10-17-2006, 05:19 AM
I don't know about QM, but i think the drug and his brain will not let him remember. It's like a dream you can't recall , or one that you forget after your wide awake.

This part comes at the end of the song with change, like its post event. Its frantic and increasing in speed, all of the dynamics of the song are coming together, hes trying to remember, thinking really hard.....shit the bed.

the bending rodriguez
10-17-2006, 08:50 AM
i don't see how this relates to quantum mechanics, and unlike most of the people who will comment on this i know what i'm talking about

its true that one may not actually understand quantum mechanics but can only use the study to achieve everlasting intuitive insight to the nature of the supposed universe, but the phrase applies to all things as all things are related to all things and thus not things, thus unknowable because they are undescribable as things, but it's more likely he's still just rambling about how he forgot the stupid message

maybe i don't get what you're tyring to say

Phorty
10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
you dont get it because he didnt say anything!

didnt we all agree that these idiotic "discuss" threads were done with?

Thats like me making a vague thread entitled " Golden Means Rectangle" in the Jambi section and then just saying discuss in the thread.

He probably knows less then you or I .

Luosdasa
10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
yeh, sorry, but i dont think you've the right to expect replys when you do the whole "discuss" thing.

in' der sum ting tellin ya dun do dat?

iAMtheMA!
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
i think it's fine. if you came to this thread with only " quantum mechanics" and "don't know, won't know" ...couldn't you have put something together? certainly someone knowledgable of the science can elaborate something into discussion. are we really all that up-tight about mere "annoying" tendencies? hardly "idiotic"... it's not like it automatically doesn't work once someone is annoyed. seems like some of us needs a nap.

and i have no idea about quantum mechanics 'cept that they've found out how to collect gravitons and send 'em interdimensionally to communicate with those higher-dimensional beings right next to you. prolly something like the blast beat pattern in lamc...

Airport Mesa
10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
don't know; won't know.

I think this is that terrible secret that the ouija board spoke of. After you come down,
you 'won't know' that divine knowledge you're privy too when the doors of perception are clear.

mjr
10-26-2006, 10:00 AM
sorry i was really high and i just discovered that i made this post.

im in a concepts of modern physics class that is brushing over QM at the freshman level. basically we just do as much as we can do with multi variable calc (but not partial diffeq) so its not much. but the mathematical uncertainty principle and tunneling and all kinds of shit have disheartened me. that we can never know why electrons "know" that other slits exist (and "interfer" with themselves) and why or how tunneling occurs and all kinds of shit. Even as basic as how an electron exists around the nucleus. If it was a moving particle it'd decay in a fucking microsecond. If it is a cloud and not just a probability distribution of a particle then how the hell is it a cloud? QM says we do not can CAN NOT know. And that sucks.

I don't think maynard was thinking about QM when he wrote these lyrics...but maybe he was. The point is I thought itd be interesting to say something about the lyric and what I had jsut notice. And I was really high. So I was too lazy to write anything else. Sorry for the inconvenience.

turok2step
11-02-2006, 07:06 PM
I dont think QM goes as far to say that. I thought an aspect of it was that we could not pinpoint where an electron would be in relation to the nucleus. That was why the skeptical Einstein responded with "God does not play dice."

Electrons are moving particles.