vicarious462
10-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Yes...that's right--CUT IT, I KNOW, RIGHT IN TWO
enjoy, then when you get stuck at the crescendo it goes

fight until they die, and over earth, and over sky
fight over a lie, and over blood, and almost anything
fight over love, and over Sun, and almost nothing
fight until they die, and over what, what is for what, lives endingggggggggggg

this song seems to be about God disgusted with these humans actions....and it seems like they are not called humans---but "talking monkeys" this has an evolution tone to it....but I think it is thrown in to confuse.

Terry21
10-15-2006, 10:28 AM
In my opinion it's either "gotta divide it all", "cut it, divide it all" or "got it divided all right in two".

And God has no right do be disgusted about us.

vicarious462
10-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, like the opening page of this opinion is stated by MJK--- he does not want to rob anyone of how they interpret it. I am sure of everything but the last line ...I may be off on that....but the other words I am almost sure of. Give it a listen and interpret it any way YOU want---that is not meant to be said negative...only in the most positive way......that is what makes horse races.

In my opinion it's either "gotta divide it all", "cut it, divide it all" or "got it divided all right in two".

mike09
10-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Cutting all you know right in two.

vicarious462
10-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Interesting.....it could be.....I hear it different...but, can definately see it your way....It is definately not.....Cut it all, Right In Two....as most people think.....the only reason I say it is cut it, I know, right in two is he eludes to a blade. I hear it different also, but that is what is great about the lyrics of MJK ..you never know.

Cutting all you know right in two.

hollow001
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM

it's the angels that are disgusted not god if my interpretations are remotely correct

the bending rodriguez
10-17-2006, 08:45 AM

yea man get em! fuck him up!

base metal
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I think it is cut it all right in two. Maynard, Help!
Either way he's saying that us humans as a species have a history of living with no regard for one another, so, I do believe that the angels and god are a bit disgusted.

vicarious462
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
You have a very good point here.....it may indeed be what you say...I also have trouble with the last line in the crescendo....any thoughts on this line???
If you listen to like the third cut it, I know, right in two.......the I , like I think is really pronounced....in all others , I give you the benefit of the doubt and definately can see it as cutting all you know, right in two.....but, I think it is being said by the angels, which would definately know of the future....and, from the songs content...they seem to be predicting it....well, we will find out if it ever goes official....but nice catch!!!!!! You may be indeed right!!!!Cutting all you know right in two.

emotional masturbation
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Cut and divide it all right in two ..? My guess.

base metal
10-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Hell, I've gone back and listened over this again and honestly I can't tell, but, I believe you're all getting close.

Aunt Acid
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
No offence, but these lyric suggestions are VERY un-Tool.

iAMtheMA!
10-20-2006, 08:16 PM
^"un-tool"? uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

there's a complete section to "What's He Saying??", and i quote...

"NEW - want to discuss "what the words are" ? This is the new place (and from now on the ONLY place) to do it! Discuss song meanings and musicality in the song forums listed below. But please don't start up new threads elsewhere about what you think the words are. Seriously. Thank you."

vicarious462
10-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I stand corrected thanks to Mike 09...cutting all you know, Right in Two (I THINK) is the correct first line of the song......and in the last words...it could be--singular life's ending, or lives ending.....

Yes...that's right--CUTTING ALL YOU KNOW, RIGHT IN TWO...
enjoy, then when you get stuck at the crescendo it goes

fight until they die, and over earth, and over sky
fight over a lie, and over blood, and almost anything
fight over love, and over Sun, and almost nothing
fight until they die, and over what, what is for what, lives endingggggggggggg

this song seems to be about God disgusted with these humans actions....God seems to interpret this through the Angels. It seems like they are not called humans---but "talking monkeys" this has an evolution tone to it....but I think it is thrown in to confuse.

Confield
10-23-2006, 03:18 AM

Suppose there actually is a God; how could he "have no right"?

Also, I think Maynard probably uses all of these and then some. Sometimes it sounds like "Cut it I know," sometimes "Cut it like a log," and sometimes "Cut it, cut it all." etc.

HelenA
10-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Its all really about diction - why are we in so much doubt about what he says?

Confield
10-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Because the lyrics are always interesting too, though not nearly as powerful in my opinion.

chatnoir
10-23-2006, 11:38 PM
cut and divide it all
right in two

mr. nikki jensen
11-03-2006, 07:50 AM
cuttin my law right in two, i hear

PShepherd11
11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
I've been hearing "cutting our love right in two" which seems to make sense with the rest of the song, but sometimes it sounds indecipherable

mr. nikki jensen
11-18-2006, 01:39 AM
i think that cuttin my law right in two, maybe referes to good and evil. gods intension with mankind was propably that they should live in peace and harmony, but somehow the devil or evil itself has taken over week souls.

so maybe if the line says cuttin my law right in two. it referes to gods law or intension about peace on earth is cuttin in two. good people and evil people.

i don't know, it was just a thought.

TortusTool
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
My 2 Cents

If you listen (with a clear conscious) you cannot deny that these are the lyrics:

(Over, over, over, over, over, over, over)
Fight over the crown, over earth, over sky
They fight over life, over blood, and air and light
over love, over some, over none
They fight 'til they die, over what, for the writing!

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I've been hearing "cutting our love right in two" which seems to make sense with the rest of the song, but sometimes it sounds indecipherable

That's what I hear too.....and to the people commenting on the "cutting all you know, right in two" I think that guy was joking, and being sarcastic to the former post.

bassmaster
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I reckon the message of the song is vastly more important than the actual 100% correct lyrics.
He could sing it any number of different ways live anyway, as many if not more than what we've all come up with here in this forum.

PShepherd11
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
My 2 Cents

If you listen (with a clear conscious) you cannot deny that these are the lyrics:

(Over, over, over, over, over, over, over)
Fight over the crown, over earth, over sky
They fight over life, over blood, and air and light
over love, over some, over none
They fight 'til they die, over what, for the writing!

With a clear conscience, you mean? Or do you really mean without any preconceptions?

My conscience is clear :)...but I don't agree with you on all parts.

"Fight 'til they die, over earth, over sky
Fight over a lie, over blood, over air and light
Over love, over some, over none
Fight 'til they die, over what? For their rising"

You actually helped with some of it from your other post, so thanks, because some parts just didn't sound right (during "over some, over none") and you were the first to post that (I think).

bassmaster
02-04-2007, 01:03 AM
I too believe it's 'fight over life' in the second line.

That very end of it is still debateable in my mind.

Aunt Acid
02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I hear "Kai Why-O Right in Two"

Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I hear "Kai Why-O Right in Two"

Not "Yippie Kai-yay motherfucker" ?

There is no spoon
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Cutting all you know right in two

Inner_Eulogy
02-13-2007, 10:14 AM
When the official lyrics come out and it says "cutting our love right in two" I'm gonna point and laugh at all of you....of course, if I'm completely wrong I'll just laugh it off anyway.

McButterpants
02-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Suppose there actually is a God; how could he "have no right"?

Also, I think Maynard probably uses all of these and then some. Sometimes it sounds like "Cut it I know," sometimes "Cut it like a log," and sometimes "Cut it, cut it all." etc.

A God with any anthropomorphic characteristics, such as having the ability to be disgusted is simply ridiculous (of course, any God is ridiculous, but this is even more so). Also, should there be a God it would be impossible for him to 'have no right'. Rights are irrelevant to God - he is right by definition.

It is definitely the Angels who are disgusted. I heard at first 'divide it all, right in two', the 'cut it all, right in two' - no I hear 'Kai-Ai-OL, right in two' - I can't work out what the words actually are, but I don't think it matters, all the guesses here fit well enough with the lyrics to distort none of the meaning.

And kudos to Confield - it's a great album.

McButterpants
02-15-2007, 04:05 AM
I just considered Maynard may be singing 'Divide the oil, right in two' or something similar. That's just a suggestion, to keep you all occupied.

tryptosaur
03-16-2007, 10:12 AM
The 1st part is gibberish. The 2nd part is deliberately spelled wrong to hypnotically suggest for all of us to "Write in, too".
No--wait---"Courderoy, (forgets what he's supposed to be singing and then Maynard reads Danny's lips who transfers the title of the song to him visually, and Maynard snaps back)"Right in Two".
There it is.
Next.