PDA

View Full Version : h.

bellycrawler
11-26-2002, 02:23 PM
i think that h. is definitely related to a heroin addiction. But, it reaches farther than that, into the realm of decision and relationships. "my blood before me begs me to open up my heart again." He is wasting away and his parents can see it and they want to help. And, the way he talks about it coming like a storm, and considerately killing him...they say a heroin addiction is one of the most intense addiction one can have, but while on it, although irreparable damage is being done, he loves the feeling. I think, though, that we are suposed to take what we think a song means and use it as we see fit. the fact that TOOL's name is TOOL seems to how what every song means...it means what YOU need it to mean. TOOL is just that, a tool, a tool you can use for figuring out problems, having sex, anything you want. That is, I think, the most interesting aspect of the band. They write songs to convey a thought or philosophy, then people interpret it differently, and I am sure when some people tell the band what a song means, occasionally I would bet that the band had not thought of it that way. But, hey,maybe i am a naive idiot with no clue what the songs mean, and i am completely butchering the band's meaning, but i doubt they will call me and tell me to stop listening to and enjoying their music.

sk8ingknot4659
12-02-2002, 04:36 PM
I agree the song is obviosly about an adiction, wheather it be drugs or an addiction of some other kind i don't know...

Binah3
12-13-2002, 04:51 AM
In regards to the first post...when you said about buchering the meaning of the song...theres nothing wrong with that...I think Tool meant to have their songs written in an open minded way so that all of their fans could interpret them in a way that only that person could...sure maynards lyrics were written mostly about his personal experiences but thats his connection to the songs and every fan could in some way make their own personal connection with one of their songs whether it be the intended meaning of it or not...Your doing fine man...your not buchering anything...youre relating to the songs in your own way...Keep at it my fellow tool friend.

"Spiral Out."