PDA

View Full Version : Meaning??

VADT757
10-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Ive often heard the opinion that this is about a sexual incounter. I can certainly see where they are coming from, but I think there is more to it than that. I really hate when people say that they hate their lives. I think that this is talking more to people who say things like that. We all only have one life, and we should take the journey (of life) in a positive manner, and not just complain all the time. When Maynard says, "All this pain is an illusion," I have had the thought that this is talking about the hard times through life, and he is saying that your life on earth is thought to be really painfull, but that it should be lived to its fullest. I often hear the opinion that its about god. Personally I think that religion is bullshit and that we as a human race have taken what was "God's Law's" and torn them to peices. Some people, (NOT ME) say that that is what it is about. I dont really know...any other opinions?

base metal
10-19-2006, 09:15 PM
This song is about the trials of life, and as you said, living life to the fullest despite all the pain we feel.

Whoever suggested that this song was about a sexual encounter needs to get a catscan, probably the same genius who said that Stinkfist is about anal fisting.