PDA

View Full Version : The pre Ænima version..

eapatty01
10-10-2006, 08:12 PM
anyone have the demo? I know brightwell had a link one time, but it stopped working. That version of the song is so great, and its too hard to hear the bootleg video on youtube.

Thirdeye11
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
What was different about it?

eapatty01
10-11-2006, 02:00 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3snolyCGs2g&mode=related&search=Stinkfist%20live

Solaris
10-13-2006, 03:22 AM

It sounds like he doesn't sing the "Something kinda sad about..."- Section. He sings something else. There are different lyrics (or maybe the quality of the video is too bad).

Chris_Brightwell
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
anyone have the demo? I know brightwell had a link one time, but it stopped working.
stinkfist-demo.mp3 (http://www.dimwell.net/temp/mp3/stinkfist-demo.mp3)

eapatty01
10-18-2006, 08:01 PM

I love you.

hushypushy
10-18-2006, 09:17 PM
is that from the D'Amour demos collection?

Chris_Brightwell
10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
yes.

hushypushy
10-18-2006, 11:05 PM
alright, no need for me to DL that one then, i already have it

haich
10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
nice, what other demos are there?

eapatty01
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
ok, can anyone make out what he says instead of "show me that you love me"???? and the "something kinda sad..." bridge...it sounds different than that live version... this is gonna drive me nuts....its my favorite version though...beautiful

Phorty
10-19-2006, 09:49 PM
that is a damn good question . not that i looked for it elsewhere yet , but its damn low , heres an attempt, the second time , after shoulder deep it sounds like "...(something).. like a sew and needle we belong together"

i realize how idiotic that sounds , oh well.

the bridge part is anybody's guess , im not even going to try and attempt to decipher that!

hushypushy
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
nice, what other demos are there?

pushit, stinkfist, Ænema, and Eulogy.

eapatty01
10-23-2006, 01:37 PM
that is a damn good question . not that i looked for it elsewhere yet , but its damn low , heres an attempt, the second time , after shoulder deep it sounds like "...(something).. like a sew and needle we belong together"

i realize how idiotic that sounds , oh well.

the bridge part is anybody's guess , im not even going to try and attempt to decipher that!

i don't know man. On the video, it sounds like "I'm not [very] sure we belong together", but on this demo....not so much. I almost hear the word "song".

EDIT: the only part of the verse i can understand is the very end "...show me a sign"...possibly "inside" somewhere in there. I wish this was the album version.

rintoot
11-07-2006, 07:06 AM
this is SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!

There is no spoon
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
pushit, stinkfist, Ænema, and Eulogy.
Does anyone have the demos of pushit or Ænema or Eulogy?

Never heard them before....

weesper
11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
This demo again shows what a great song this is since it packs all the punch (no pun intended) and lyrical intellect within a 4 and a half minute song. Small changes in the lyrics such as 'the I care so little' later changed to 'really don't feel a thing' with all the inuendo show just how well this song has been carved to its final form. Great thanx for the link.

opiated
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Does anyone have the demos of pushit or Ænema or Eulogy?

Never heard them before....

[^^With Stupid.^^]

mr. nikki jensen
11-18-2006, 01:57 AM
i don't know why, but i acually think maynards voice is so much more AWESOME on this demo...

eapatty01
11-18-2006, 10:50 PM
i don't know why, but i acually think maynards voice is so much more AWESOME on this demo...

I agree whole heartedly

AlltheteainChina
11-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Wow, good lookin out, I'd never heard of these before. I knew Paul was there during part of the Ænema process, but damn. I can't find em anywhere either...but I haven't started checkin torrent sites.

TEST
12-03-2006, 11:24 AM

You are one up-bright felow...cheers to you!

eapatty01
03-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Update: This is for the demo version. I have been able to make out only a little bit. Right at the beginning you can hear "this heart has gone through a lot of pain". He also keeps saying a word that sounds like kill, but more like keel.

I still don't know about the "show me that you love me" part.

Alex in Chains
03-23-2007, 02:59 AM

That's funny, I was just going to say that the vocals were my only complaint. I never imagined I'd say this about any of Maynard's vocals, but I think the parts where he screams are kind of . . . terrible.

Wattz
04-14-2007, 02:40 PM
"Chances are we belong together"

chaotic_confusion
04-14-2007, 08:06 PM
you can download all four of the "D'Amour Demos" at www.geocities.com/toolmilitia under the rarities section, they're in flac format.

enklined
05-04-2007, 05:53 PM
you can download all four of the "D'Amour Demos" at www.geocities.com/toolmilitia under the rarities section, they're in flac format.

Thanks hammer

][ncognito
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
After a lot of analyzing, I've come to the conclusion he says "feels so strong I know that we belong together" the first and third times.

The second time kinda sounds like "Sounds like a song we know that we belong together" Not as positive on that one.

The middle kinds sounds like.

"Killed that I was bored and this time / down where I don't wanna be."
"Killed (i) kinda wanted to say I'm not a bit like you."
"Keep it down and (***?) make it sigh I'm nothin' "
"Tell me something.... (I?) really don't mean a thing to me"

I'm not sure about the "killed" the second time, could be something else. The first two lines should be pretty close, not as positive on the third one. The asterisked word I can't figure out. Should be a good start on it.

I also have to say I really like how he says "To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive!" in the demo version.

Hodge
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
i love how he sings that breakdown
wish it made the studio version

eapatty01
02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
[ncognito;2382717']After a lot of analyzing, I've come to the conclusion he says "feels so strong I know that we belong together" the first and third times.

The second time kinda sounds like "Sounds like a song we know that we belong together" Not as positive on that one.

I'm not sure about the "killed" the second time, could be something else. The first two lines should be pretty close, not as positive on the third one. The asterisked word I can't figure out. Should be a good start on it.

I also have to say I really like how he says "To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive!" in the demo version.

wow! nice work. I'm liking that middle section, but I still think the end of the first line is "...this heart has gone through a lot of pain". What do you think?

○dissonance○
02-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Just marking this page by posting so I can find it later. I've gotta listen to this.

Kustard
10-09-2009, 07:44 AM
[ncognito;2382717']After a lot of analyzing, I've come to the conclusion he says "feels so strong I know that we belong together" the first and third times.

Something new to add to the table:

KEENAN never thought it would start again, down where I don't want to be
Keenan kinda wanted to say "I'll never be like you" (or maybe "I'm not a bit like you")
Keenan shouted don't make a sign of nothing... (????)
(?) something little, and it really don't mean a thing to me

Kustard
05-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Something new to add to the table:

KEENAN never thought it would start again, down where I don't want to be
Keenan kinda wanted to say "I'll never be like you" (or maybe "I'm not a bit like you")
Keenan shouted don't make a sign of nothing... (????)
(?) something little, and it really don't mean a thing to me

Okay, my attempt at the full song. Please add corrections/thoughts:

Something has to change,
Undeniable dilemma
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear
Constant over-stimulation bores me
But I would not want you any other way

Not enough
I need more
Nothing seems to satisfy
I don't want it
I just need it
To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive

Elbow deep inside the borderline
Chances are, you know, that we belong together
Relax, turn around and take my hand

I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure
Say the words and we'll be well upon our way
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort, deep within you
Till you will not want me any other way

Not enough
I need more
Nothing seems to satisfy
I don't want it, I just need it
To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive

Shoulder deep inside the borderline
Sounds like a song, we know we belong together
Let go, move away with me

[Suck it down, suck it down, suck it down]

[inaudible] till you're lying over mine

RIGHT!

Keenan never thought it was starting, I'm down where I don't wanna be
Keenan kind of wanted to say I'll never be like you
Keenan's saying don't make a sigh or go again
[inaudible] be something little
It really don't mean anything to me

I'll keep digging till I feel something

Feels like a song, you know that we belong together
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

Kustard
05-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Thank you so much for that response. It really added a lot to the discussion! :p