10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
im sure you meant to say "dabbling"

VicariousFacadeOfGod
10-10-2006, 12:45 PM
im sure you meant to say "dabbling"

nope

MORNING_GLORY
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
He very clearly says "dabbling", so please stop looking for words and meanings that aren't there.

AlltheteainChina
10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
an't?

Terry21
10-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Ant.

littlejason
10-31-2006, 01:10 AM
well that just doesn't make any sort of sense

Aunt Acid
11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
It is a clever way to forge "The Devil and his had me down" and "Dabbling all the way down" though, I admit.

resonance.
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
The devil and his has me down, in love with the dark side I've found, dabbling all the way down, up to my neck soon should drown

Choice Breath
11-04-2006, 12:12 PM
First of all, it's definitely "The Devil and his had me down . . . "

What I'm a little curious about, though, is what the hell the contraction "an't" is supposed to mean?

duncang
11-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Ant.

Adam's been hiding his true identity all this time.

Forever In Debt
11-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Adam's been hiding his true identity all this time.

Hahahaha.

That makes since but doesn't fit with this song. Like, saying the devil isn't real (If you were trying to say ain't).

44&4
11-12-2006, 11:18 AM
No FOOLS, it's "Devil ANT", the giant, radioactive insect from the 1950's film "Them"! The ant, because of radioactivity, is "devilish", not to mention HUGE. The movie takes place in New Mexico, right next door to Maynard's vinyards! Of course he's scared!

littlejason
11-12-2006, 11:23 AM
No FOOLS, it's "Devil ANT", the giant, radioactive insect from the 1950's film "Them"! The ant, because of radioactivity, is "devilish", not to mention HUGE. The movie takes place in New Mexico, right next door to Maynard's vinyards! Of course he's scared!

ohhhh, it all makes sense now. It would be a Matinee like adventure, we could bring in John Goodman and everything...

44&4
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Sorry dude, that's "Mant", but the movie was based on the guy who made "Them"...

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:29 PM

It really would have helped if you would have told us this... just saying.

opiated
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM

O RLY?

44&4
11-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey man, don't kill the messenger! Sorry I didn't say so sooner, but hey, the movie has been around since the fifties! I'm sorry you guys don't watch Saturday's Creature Features, or whatever local equivalent you have, but the info has been out there since before the song!

Choice Breath
11-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Wait a minute . . . Tool Army . . . Tool Army Ant! He's trying to say that we are the Tool Navy Ants!

mjkajdcjc
11-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Wait a minute . . . Tool Army . . . Tool Army Ant! He's trying to say that we are the Tool Navy Ants!

Oh, snidly snizzaps!!! No you didn't!?!?!?!

maggie72
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
The devil and his has me down, in love with the dark side I've found, dabbling all the way down, up to my neck soon should drown

You hit it perfect, except it's "soon to drown"

Here is proof (http://media.putfile.com/soon-to-drown)

Listen to it over and over a few times... you should hear it.

JAF
01-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Well I'm glad we all clearly agree on what he's saying....And, if Maynard truely does have ambitions on creating an army, I'm in. (is that legal to say?)

panocha21
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
The deviling hiss had me down
In love with the dark side I found
Devilin' all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown.

Inner_Eulogy
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Good ole' LA fuckin' it up

redjenova
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM

No, you butcher, NO!

There is no spoon
03-21-2007, 08:53 AM
thanks again to that dud who posted that first line. nice thread

Apachana
03-26-2007, 11:57 PM
warning: This is completely out of context, and only for humourisly contribution.

But this line just really reminds me of yesterday. I was playing Fallout 2.
And entered a conversation with a Reno Pimp. And when he asked me if I was
the new fluffer. I didn't remember what it meant, and accidentally clicked "Sure".
After a gnastly storyline read. I had to quit the damn game and load again.
that was a horrible game dabble down. lol

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 05:10 AM
warning: This is completely out of context, and only for humourisly contribution.

But this line just really reminds me of yesterday. I was playing Fallout 2.
And entered a conversation with a Reno Pimp. And when he asked me if I was
the new fluffer. I didn't remember what it meant, and accidentally clicked "Sure".
After a gnastly storyline read. I had to quit the damn game and load again.
that was a horrible game dabble down. lol

I keep telling you man, lay off the drugs

Apachana
03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
I keep telling you man, lay off the drugs

I don't do drugs mista ;D

Inner_Eulogy
03-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't do drugs mista ;D

Well, at least saying you did would have offered an excuse for yourself....now it's just a sad realization.

Apachana
03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
yada yada. I need no exscuses. who are you to wave your finger at me?

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-09-2007, 07:37 PM
funny. is there no end to the over-analysis?

Hodge
05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
edit lol

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-10-2007, 06:51 PM
.. and terrible abuse of lyrical references ..

tryptosaur
05-16-2007, 08:33 AM
ohhhh, it all makes sense now. It would be a Matinee like adventure, we could bring in John Goodman and everything...

Hey now. Watch it!
Let's leave John Goodman out of this one.
For once!

tryptosaur
05-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Hasn't anyone had an older sibling who outgrew their clothes and then gets some new clothes? If you are like most HUMANS you probably were given, whether you wanted them or not, a bunch of HANDMEDOWNS. Maynard has earned the right to use his poetic license to choose to occasionaly not pronounce an "N" every once in a while, completely at his own discretion.
Now assuming that the narrator of the song is in fact the only begotten younger brother of Satan (aka: THE Devil) this line makes total sense.
"Up to my neck soon to drown" means that his brother (Satan) treats him like he's the fucking Salvation Army dropbox in the supermarket parking lot. He's litterally swimming up to his neck in stupid shiny red costumes with horns, tails and plastic pitchforks.
Suspension of disbelief is a prerequisite for understanding this song properly.

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Hasn't anyone had an older sibling who outgrew their clothes and then gets some new clothes? If you are like most HUMANS you probably were given, whether you wanted them or not, a bunch of HANDMEDOWNS. Maynard has earned the right to use his poetic license to choose to occasionaly not pronounce an "N" every once in a while, completely at his own discretion.
Now assuming that the narrator of the song is in fact the only begotten younger brother of Satan (aka: THE Devil) this line makes total sense.
"Up to my neck soon to drown" means that his brother (Satan) treats him like he's the fucking Salvation Army dropbox in the supermarket parking lot. He's litterally swimming up to his neck in stupid shiny red costumes with horns, tails and plastic pitchforks.
Suspension of disbelief is a prerequisite for understanding this song properly.

BOTTOM LINE: IT'S NOT "DEVIL AN'T ALL THE WAY DOWN"

jevons
05-16-2007, 09:36 AM
i will fight you

Inner_Eulogy
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
i will fight you

haha, you can try but it's clearly "the devil and his had me down"

nthistogether
05-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Get off your knees.

wearethestories
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHaHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAH

wrong.

Apachana
05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
swamp song.. "up to my neck soon to drown." is higly relevant.
without it, it would describe plunging into psychonatic waters.

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Ok. The Devil and his had me down.
Like the devil and all his satanic disciples.
This makes sense.
I still think that Mayard was rightfully choosing to not pronounce the "n" in hand-me-down. It's his song. Who are we to say what he is or is not saying.
Just look at the obvious!

Inner_Eulogy
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Ok. The Devil and his had me down.
Like the devil and all his satanic disciples.
This makes sense.
I still think that Mayard was rightfully choosing to not pronounce the "n" in hand-me-down. It's his song. Who are we to say what he is or is not saying.
Just look at the obvious!

He simply doesn't pronounce the "D" - "the devil an' his had me down"

jevons
05-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Think of how many trees we have saved by wasting all this space on the internet...

OuRsOuLsInMoTiOn
05-30-2007, 11:43 AM
You people either have too much time on you're hands OR are completely crazy.

Either way I'm amused.