PDA

View Full Version : near death expirence

lachral growth
05-25-2003, 05:46 PM
this is my first time posting here. some of you have some good opinions about the lyrics and theyre meanings. i try and relate to the music as i see fit, and i usually relate to it differently every time. i wish to share an expirence i had listening to tick and leeches. im pretty sure this song is about annoying fans or people that take from the band or something. i dont really know. all i know is, i was laying in my bed with my head phones on, and up as loud as possible. extremely relaxed and comfortable as could be - when i felt my brain do something extremely weird. immidiatly afterwards i began to see a twirling spiral with a bright light in the center behind the veils of my closed eye lids. i was fascinated but frightened all at once. i continued to clear my mind and concentrate soley upon the music and maynard's voice. the spiral continued to proceed closer and closer...i felt like if i passed through the light i would be gone forever. i tried to open my eyes but they wouldnt open. my eye balls would move but my eye lids would not unveil. i tried to move my body, it wouldnt respond either. the light only came closer - as frightened as i was my heartbeat began to sky rocket so fast and so hard i thought it was going to burst out of my chest. as the light almost consumed the whole of the veil of my eyelids i finally wiggled a toe and my body began to respond. i shot my eyes open and layed in woder for a few seconds, as my heartbeat still sore and my brain began to pulse so very uncomfortably. the next day i researched, and found that i had a Near Death Expierence - mine was the tunnel affect...you know "stay away from the light"...im sure youve heard that line before. NDE's are caused from overstimulation to the brain and well chronic accidents and drug over doses. i was sober, which is rare for me. and i was simply laying there so it was no chornic accident. the music was just so loud it overloaded my brain. and ticks and leeches compared to any other tool song would definately do it. the reason why my body was paralyzed was because my brain switched down to alpha (also known as trance), which is actually a stage of sleep. this was caused do to the extreme relaxtion and theraputic touch of tools music to my ears. not sure if any of you care, and i know this doesnt really concern to tool in any way just thought id share since tool motivate many many expierences in the world.

Jimmy Pop
05-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Well..

You said you were sober. Does that include drugs? It sounded like some kind of drug "overdose"...

But, yeah, if I were to have a NDE, I'd definately listen to Tool... :-)

queenoftears
06-23-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass here, but have you done a lot of acid??? I had a similar experience and just narrowed it down to a flashback, I didn't know there was an actual name for it. I think my brain must go into that "alpha" mode a lot. Because There can be like 10 people standing around me talking and all I can hear are these weird sounds like chirping. Kinda like when you take a big ol hit of nitrious oxcide and you can here the little people talking to you in your brain. Pretty crazy. Maybe my brain is just really tore up!?