PDA

View Full Version : Right in Two lyrics

Postmortem
10-06-2006, 06:06 AM
This refers to the part in which starts at 5:44/5:45 and is being asked on people opinion of what is being said.

Ok, so I spent some time ago and changed the different channel setting around while lissoning to this song (I took out the majority of the music playing durring this part, isolated and canceled out the echo on the vocals, and I've come back with what I hear). Here are the following lycis that I was able to make out:

Fight till they die, over earth, over sky.
Fight over a lie, over blood, almost any[thing].
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing.
Fight till they die
Fight, over what!? For their lives' ending.

How-To Explination:

Ok, if you're useing iTunes, on the equalizer, cancel out (or lower) ALL the channels except or the preamp; and instead, turn this up to +12 dB. Then turn up your volume on your speakers (I'd suggest that you use a pair of good headphones - as you can cup and press these against your ears with your hands, making it even more possible to make things out - but DO NOT press to hard, as this can impair what you're hearing and there by defeating the whole purpose and all).

lagimatt
10-06-2006, 01:15 PM
atta boy. thx, i was wondering what was actually going on there.

spliph
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM
well i just listened to it on my head phones without taking anything out and with your reference i can hear it all too clear now thanks

jonboy
10-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah pretty spot on except for the second line:

"Fight over a lie, over blood, OVER anything."

Good work. Once you know the lyrics you dont need to mess with the EQ settings

Postmortem
10-12-2006, 03:40 AM
Yeah pretty spot on except for the second line:

"Fight over a lie, over blood, OVER anything."

Good work. Once you know the lyrics you dont need to mess with the EQ settings

See, at first, I thought the same thing, BUT if you listen very closely (and many times too) you'll find that the phonetics dont match right for the parts inwhich he says "over" (over and over again, lol) and with this lines ending (although this could result from the mixing), and sounds more like "almost." Also, the ending for "anything" gets cut off (which is why I have the part "thing" in brackets, instead as a whole - showing just that).

I plan on running this song in a program later on, when I have some extra free-time, to try nd stip the vocals alone out of the song and getting the correct phonetics out of it.

Also though, the only part which I feel is in need of further determination as well is the very last line: "For their lives' ending"

I have a feeling that he might also be saying "lines" instead (being that this song has the obvious notion of evalution in mind).

jonboy
10-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I will have another listen and see what I can come up with.

DON IOTAE
10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
This refers to the part in which starts at 5:44/5:45 and is being asked on people opinion of what is being said.

Ok, so I spent some time ago and changed the different channel setting around while lissoning to this song (I took out the majority of the music playing durring this part, isolated and canceled out the echo on the vocals, and I've come back with what I hear). Here are the following lycis that I was able to make out:

Fight till they die

How-To Explination:

Ok, if you're useing iTunes, on the equalizer, cancel out (or lower) ALL the channels except or the preamp; and instead, turn this up to +12 dB. Then turn up your volume on your speakers (I'd suggest that you use a pair of good headphones - as you can cup and press these against your ears with your hands, making it even more possible to make things out - but DO NOT press to hard, as this can impair what you're hearing and there by defeating the whole purpose and all).

awesome post, my friend.

vicarious462
10-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank you for an incredible post!!!!! I will defer to you on this one.....but I hear "AND " a lot and it keeps popping up between almost every word ...for instance in the first line.....FIGHT (UN) TILL THEY DIE, AND OVER EARTH, AND OVER SKY......second line---FIGHT OVER A LIE, AND OVER BLOOD AND ALMOST EVERYYTHING and in the third line ---FIGHT OVER A LOVE, AND OVER SUN, AND ALMOST NOTHING....fourth line FIGHT (UN) TILL THEY DIE I also cant hear that last verse you say, unless they are echoes...i hear AND FOR WHAT, WHAT IS FOR WHAT, LIVES ENDING
I know you went through a lot to get this lyric...so I will defer to you....I must have listened to this 100 times in a row with headphones and without...I am hearing exactly what i wrote... I may be wrong on these , but it is what i hear. And, doesn't taking all that stuff out....take away some lyrics????? I do not know about that stuff. This is a classic tool song....real slow start...crescendo ---nice finish----- Thank you again for deciphering the words.!!!!!!!! This would be my version as i hear it as you put it....give it a listen.

Fight until they die, and over earth, and over sky
Fight over a lie, and over blood, and almost everything
Fight over a love, and over sun, and almost nothing
Fight until they die, And for what, what is for what, lives ending

Fight till they die

How-To Explination:

mohamed.o
11-03-2006, 05:14 AM
I think it's over sex instead of sun. I couldn't hear sun and I also think that sex makes a lot more sense. I'd also replace lie with life.

Then again, what makes sense and what doesn't? It's all subjective anyway...

mr. nikki jensen
11-03-2006, 07:49 AM

Fight till they die

How-To Explination:

i've tried to check up on it with windows media player by adjusting the equalizer, and i hear the exact same lyrics.

Postmortem
11-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, sorry I haven't responded in a while - I'm in med school right now, so I don't get a lot of free time, lol. Haven't been able to isolate the vocals using all the different programs that I've got on my comp (everything is too well layered really - you still get guitar or keyboard tracks within it [only other real way I could see doing it is to have a copy of the master - that way it's 100% clean and clear]).

EXACTLY - EVERYONE!!! I think that this is THE reason why the majority of Tool fans just love them so much - it's because EVERYONE had their own take on this (and as I believe Maynard has said over and over and over and OVER again (and also just like a good paiting too); it's not what the artist themselves say the piece means, but what it means to the viewer/listener and THEIR perspective on the piece.

I'm just glad that people haven't fought like immature kids in this topic - like SO many others get infected with.

I think the only thing that really matters is that people like this song so much as to listen to it a 100+ times and STILL love it as if they just heard it - you know.

Guess we'll all have to wait till the "offical" version comes out, lol.

Still though, if I get some more free time in soon, I'll try doing it again.

PShepherd11
11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
No matter how many times I listen to it, whether adjusting the equalizer or not, this is what I'm hearing:

Fight till they die, over earth, over sky
Fight over a lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die, over what? For their rising.

Hindu
11-19-2006, 01:29 PM
No matter how many times I listen to it, whether adjusting the equalizer or not, this is what I'm hearing:

Fight till they die, over earth, over sky
Fight over a lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die, over what? For their rising.

listen to it live on this website http://www.distortiononline.com

he says, 'for the ones who are rising'

i think?

PShepherd11
11-20-2006, 08:39 AM
That's pretty close; I thought I'd be alone on this one.

KroniKlepto
12-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Fight till they die,
over what? for the rising.

This has been the only lyric of this section that's stuck with every listen, including live recordings (the 2 shows that I saw this wasn't played, so I have to rely on distortion. and others.) "For the rising" fits thematically; the radical 'right' waiting for and even trying to bring about The Rapture.

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this... a quick search didn't bring up anything.

toolninapc
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
this fucking song rocks...........

its kinda sad......but true at the same time...........

bassmaster
01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I think I've got it, the last line.

"Fight, till they die, over what, the horizons".

What do you think? Listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over like I just did...

DON IOTAE
01-30-2007, 09:14 PM
lol

benjamin
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
imo, "over ones who are rising." meaning; kill each other/themselves all for the ones ascending to power.

benjamin
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
^^That or "over words, over writing."

Peace

I love you iota.;)

bassmaster
01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
If it is that it must be 'writings' as I'm definitely hearing the last word with an 's' on the end.

benjamin
01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
!!??...