View Full Version : 2007/01/25 - Sydney, AUS - Showground

swaps
10-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Tool @ Big Day Out
Showground, Sydney, Australia
Thursday, January 25, 2007

Neill Fraser
10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
How quickly does the Sydney BDO usually sell out?

paragon
10-12-2006, 07:42 PM
How quickly does the Sydney BDO usually sell out?Its allready sold out.
http://www.bigdayout.com/ticketsoutlets.php

Stev
10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
That's pretty quickly! Managed to get my tickets at about 2am after 2 hours of trying to load the BDO site. According to Triple J there's another 10,000 tickets to go on sale at a date TBC.

Stiff13y3
10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
yay, got tickets. glad too, after missing out on entertainment centre tickets, now at least i still get to see em play :)

njm
10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I got two tickets after an hour and half online. But then, the site timed out after I pressed confirm. SO now I have a bill for the tickets, but no confirmation email! I can only hope that it gets sorted out!

Stiff13y3
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
they shouldve been more prepared for this , especially after the shit fight that was the ticket sales for the arena shows

Luosdasa
10-13-2006, 11:48 PM
will ther j's be anouncing when the rest of the tickets will go on sale?
heh, cuz i dun wanna em to all be gone without my noticing...

trickma
10-13-2006, 11:56 PM
FASTEST BDO SELL OUT IN HISTORY, go tool!

got my ticket :D

louie_au
10-14-2006, 05:07 AM
I got two tickets after an hour and half online. But then, the site timed out after I pressed confirm. SO now I have a bill for the tickets, but no confirmation email! I can only hope that it gets sorted out!

this happned to me. did you ever get an email?

Stiff13y3
10-14-2006, 06:37 PM
my friend bought our tickets and he said he had 4 tabs open trying to get confirmation, he got an email confirmation so i think its ok but from what he said about the site having a fit doesnt fill one with heaps of confidence. would suck if they were invalid due to the buy sites crapness.( i'm sure that wont be the case)

mattw
10-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Don't stress too much people - if the money has been deducted from your bank account/credit card etc. then the transaction has obviously gone through. Also, and again, obviously, if you have received a confirmation email then you're sweet.

I can understand everyone being concerned/stressed/anxious etc as it is a lot of money and tickets are in great demand but try to look at it from the organisers perspective:

There would have been thousands of people frantically trying to purchase tickets the other night and their systems can only process so many at a time. It's like trying to simultaneously fit 30 or 40 people through a single doorway: not everyone is gonna make it at the same time...

I appreciate everyone's anxiety but it should all work out just fine...

njm
10-14-2006, 09:06 PM
this happned to me. did you ever get an email?

nope. I ended up getting another ticket (to the Gold Coast) in the morning, and got an email straight away!

I called the service centre 0390140366 and they "will get back to me". The chick couldnt find a reference, but I think she was pretty dumb. To be fair, she was probably sick of people like me calling! They would have been pretty busy on Friday I think!

Stev
10-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, the whole thing was pretty messed up, but even if you don't have a confirmation e-mail, if the money's come out of your account then you've got a good argument for demanding tickets from them even if they claim that they don't have any for you. If I was in that position I'd be fighting tooth and nail for those tickets.

Thankfully I got mine. It was pretty lame for even the confirmation page to timeout though. It meant that I bought 4 tickets when I only needed 2 because I didn't realise the first transaction had actually been processed (and before anyone asks, yes, the two extra tickets are spoken for - sorry)

The BDO site has now announced how the extra 10,000 tickets will be released. It's pretty crappy, particularly the higher prices for the later tickets sold, but I guess the ballot is the only way to keep it fair. Details here:

http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php?PressReleaseId=4

trickma
10-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Hey guys if anyone has Gold seats in either sections: 3,4,14 or 15 for the side show

Please email me at: [email protected]

I have both Floor GA and mates Gold seating tickets i'd like to swap for them (maybe even $$ on top negotiable :P) Cheers!!

Stiff13y3
11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
anyone see the newest listing for the bdo lineup?
not too bad at all, hope sarah blasko gets announced on the bill :)

trickma
11-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Looks alright, shame roger waters is playing the same night WAH! I mean how ridiculous? Tool and roger waters headlining at different venues on the same night?? Probably at the same time.. gawd

trickma
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
My question:

Every year channel V films the BDO bands and broadcast it live on foxtel nationally, will tool allow them to film their show??

reyzor
01-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Advice for the D barrier from the GC:

1. Get in early if you don't want to wait in line for 1+ hours
2. They don't move the crowd out after each set so you can stay as long as you want once you are in.
3. They close the D entrance for good just before Muse starts.
4. To guarantee to be in there for Tool, I would make sure I'm in line by the time The Killers start. Anytime after that and you could miss the fun.

I went in during My Chemical Romance - was in line for 5 mins and sat up the back of the D for the majority of bands. Toilet/bar breaks are pretty much a no-no once you are in, so take a spare bottle *ahem* if you need to.

Great show btw...

white horse
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Is the entrance set up different to previous years? I read that people come AND go from the back instead of entering at the sides and exiting at the back. If so that's pretty stupid, the other system worked fine.

SomekindaCure
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah, its retarded and all in one place, i clawed my way in throughout the Killers set, and it was that whole hour just spent being shoved around in a warm sweaty yuck thing, apparently the crowd lining up for just before muse had less trouble than me before jet, but the crowd for John Butler Trio also had nothing, so it would have been sweet to get in a little earlier, but pissing became a bigger priority than not being squashed

white horse
01-21-2007, 08:20 PM
lol, that's my main concern, dehydration vs bursting bladder.

hellboy1975
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
lol, that's my main concern, dehydration vs bursting bladder.

Same, I'm getting to o old to be able to hold that beer in for too long. I might have to limit myself I think....

I think I'll be heading into the D sometime during The Killers set, but I'll be keeping an eye on the line. I have no intention of getting caught in the crush, if it means I'm stuck on the outside the so be it.

white horse
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm feeling much the same. It sounds crazy from previous reports.

In 2003 I waited for about 2 hours (through QOTSA and PJ Harvey so at least I had good music to listen to) to get into the D to see Jane's Addiction at the Melbourne Big Day Out, and by some Act of God the security guards let me through just as JA were coming onstage. It was ridiculous - the amount of pushing and shoving was worse than being up the front. Last year I had no problems but then last year wasn't anywhere near sold out.

Mescaline
01-22-2007, 03:26 AM
I HAVE ONE SPARE TICEKT FOR THIS SHOW... ITS A SEATING TICKET... EMAIL ME on [email protected] ... if you want it!!!

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=tool+sydney

peace!

Stiff13y3
01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I HAVE ONE SPARE TICEKT FOR THIS SHOW... ITS A SEATING TICKET... EMAIL ME on [email protected] ... if you want it!!!

http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=tool+sydney

peace!

a seating ticket!?!?!?! at the BDO? are you sure, crazy guy?

i hope the media beat up over that flag crap doesn't spark crappy behavior such as the infamous, kiss it or get punched dickheads.