PDA

View Full Version : awesome video of gorilla playing ticks and leeches

scorectum
10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QigyYZ5VTvo

pretty sweet imo

AloneOnceAgain97
10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
His dynamics aren't too good. But otherwise...

philipg
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
the beginning sucks.
it gets better when he kicks in with the double bass but he seems to have learned the song beat for beat rather than figuring out the time signatures so he screws those up from time to time

DON IOTAE
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
indeed.

and the ride cymbal in the chorus line is way off.

then again, he does a lot more than ill ever do!

DON IOTAE
10-25-2006, 04:31 PM
no no no

hes got the hi hat off too.

and the lights are fuckin annoying. i hate this vid.

LOL

philipg
10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
one of the drummers i used to play with could play this song pretty much beat for bit... and this was like 3 years ago.
i wish we recorded it...

DON IOTAE
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
indee.d

rhythmic_reflection
12-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Props to this dude for a good cover, but it's not even close to beat for beat.
He misses all of Danny's nuances!
He adds way too much tom work in the verses.
When the double kicks hit in the intro, they're supposed to come and go several times (the groups of 9) before blasting until the pre-verse pause. This guy just starts the kicks and doesn't stop.
Where's the highhat clicks for the intro guitar solo?

He's playing too many highhat accents in the verses. He throws in a third highhat accent instead of double-tapping the bass drum.
The verse-to-chorus drum fills are just plain wrong.

In the bridge before the Calm, he misses all the crash patterns at the beginning of every bar.
The calm part's done incredibly well. Awesome.
He's completely rewritten everything between that huge post-Calm pause and the return to the intro-beat. Everything.

And he misses the BIG snare strike after the massive tom-fill RIGHT before "I hope / I hope / I hope / You choke!"

Don't get me wrong, many props to this guy, but this is a cover job.
This ain't even remotely beat for beat.
~ Dave_Toms
~ Rhythmic_Reflection

Mad Matty
12-31-2006, 04:05 AM
Am I the only one who feels that he has done the intro completely wrong?

UtUmNo1
12-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't know a thing about drumming other than what he hears?

Jimmeny
12-31-2006, 09:23 AM
He's pretty good, but he has a bad musical ear. His version of Eulogy isn't great. He can't do the hit hat triplets, and generally, in most of his vids, I can't tell whether he's 'doing it in his own style' or just not able to work things out properly. The intro to Ticks and Leeches just isn't right, improvised or not.

bassplayerphillip
01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Not bad, but he's got no feeling, and plays on a goddamned Vdrum set. You're good. Buy real drums.

SMEPman
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Not bad. He does look like he's working way too hard though. Althought Danny makes it look pretty damn easy I must say.