PDA

View Full Version : New art, rib cage + elven star

m4yn4rd
05-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey, i know its simple , but i like it, and if you know anything about the seven pointed star its cool.... feedback is welcomed

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/archive/061940PM.jpg

psilomind
05-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Cool. I tried to tattoo a heptacle on my leg once, but it didnt turn out too good.

And it looks to me like you're all too fond of that undertow logo. Seeing as you seem to have an ample amount of photoshop skills, you should work on some original artwork. I think it would turn out good.

m4yn4rd
05-24-2003, 09:35 AM
i know, i cant deny that, i love the undertow logo, hehe, ill do some more of my own original stuff

Pro_Art
05-24-2003, 11:17 AM
It's aesthetically pleasing, but simple. I'm not sure
what it means. Fill us in.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

m4yn4rd
05-24-2003, 02:32 PM
well, sometimes you can interperit art how you feel. what does it mean to you is the question. heres some info on the star

Elven or faerie star // Keyword summary: elven, faerie, star, magic.

This seven-pointed star (septagram) represents a belief in fairies and magic. Each of the seven points is believed to have a different meaning, although there are several common interpretations.

Some say each point represents a pathway, or the "seven rays of manifestation of the Higher Self."

1 - power, personal will and determination
2 - unconditional love, wisdom and growth
3 - knowledge and intelligence
4 - harmony and tranquillity
5 - the powers of mind and science
6 - devotion and honesty
7 - magick.

Another idea is that the points signify the seven magical elements - earth, air, fire, water, light, life and magic - or the inner and outer elements - earth, air, fire, water, heaven, earth and self. Whilst a further suggestion is that they represent the seven directions - north, south, east, west, above, below and within.

Whatever your individual theory, the number seven is believed to be a magical or lucky number, and can be used to indicate appreciation and knowledge of fairies.

And...

Definition: The septagram, a continuously drawn figure having seven points, is far less common than the pentagram. It is however important in Western kabbalah, where it symbolizes the sphere of Netzach, the seven planets, the seven alchemical metals, and the seven days of the week. It is a sacred symbol to Wiccans who follow the "Faery" tradition, where it is called the Elven or Fairy star. The seven pointed star is also an important part of the seal of the A.A., the inner order of Aleister Crowley's OTO.

FlamingEye
05-31-2003, 06:29 PM
m4yn4rd, this is relly cool.