PDA

View Full Version : It seems quite obvious to me

Slicendice
09-29-2006, 12:34 AM
forgive me if this has been posted before but I definetly beleive that this song is about MJK's mother. In fact it seems painfully obvious to me. Even the title. I'll explain.

Maynard declares that he would give up all of his fame and money if it meant getting his mother back. Hence the heavy use of the word 'wish' in the song, which is why the title 'Jambi' makes sence because he (Jambi) grants wishes. And the lyrics:

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine until the two become one

Perhaps asking 'god' to bring him and his mother back together (broken/ two become one/divided).

Once again This might ,and probably has been brought up before but I didnt find it anywhere so yeah. thanks.

-SnD

pork chops
09-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Maynard declares that he would give up all of his fame and money if it meant getting his mother back. Hence the heavy use of the word 'wish' in the song, which is why the title 'Jambi' makes sence because he (Jambi) grants wishes. And the lyrics:

i believe he says he would give up everything if he thought they would "take you away" not bring you back. you can't take away somthing that has already been taken.

Slicendice
09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
yeah thats true, but it still makes sence though. As if he's looking back on it and saying "if I knew you where going to to die I would have wished everything away"
and the whole "taken you away" line makes more sence talking about His mother than his son or anything else.

Torgo
09-29-2006, 05:07 PM
As I stated in the title thread, it could be about anyone going through loss. I didn't elude directly to this, but I definetly was contemplating this posibilty. Kudos to doing bringing that up before me.

wanderin2311
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
My first thought was, this is about his mom. I think that a lot of this album may be....it's healing. I lost my dad unexpectedly a few years ago. TOOL was my therapy. I also think, anyone whose lost a person they love and admire has that thought... "Could I have done anything? Could I have been a better person? And if I was, would they still be with me?"

rogerdoger
10-25-2006, 07:01 PM
The song has multiple meanings. It's partly about his son, possibly partly about his mother, and I think possibly society as a whole.

rogerdoger
10-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Lots of other possible meanings too, and whatever we say here is most likely WAY off, which MJK has said before about fans guesses on song meanings.