PDA

View Full Version : adamīs work on this song

donhumberto
09-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed how beautiful is the guitar in this song. Adamīs work with harmonics is pure beauty (as cheesy as that may sound)

Terry21
09-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Correct.

lizbiz
09-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Reminds me of how beautiful Disposition is.

mr. nikki jensen
09-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Reminds me of how beautiful Disposition is.

amen braddah...

æmoeba•°·.
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I very much so agree with you, how intricate the sound is, completely showing off Adam's already "glowing" creative side, as always.

BabyDal
10-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Totally agree! All the emotions I experience when I think about human behavior and how disappointing it can be are embodied in this song. Every time I listen to it, I start to tear up (hope that doesn't sound too dumb).

amenorakumo
10-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Doesn't sound dumb at all. The song really does have a kind of mournful tone which I'd say is chiefly from that guitar. But wow,.. that part before the song hits full force -- always reminds me of like a spaceshuttle launching,.. as if Maynard with the "fight over love over light", etc part is like the countdown before the song hits full force. And when it does hit it's less like feeling sorry (mournful like b4), more like "it's already cut and two; learn the lesson or silence legion"... yes! definitely beautiful

BabyDal
10-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Doesn't sound dumb at all. The song really does have a kind of mournful tone which I'd say is chiefly from that guitar. But wow,.. that part before the song hits full force -- always reminds me of like a spaceshuttle launching,.. as if Maynard with the "fight over love over light", etc part is like the countdown before the song hits full force. And when it does hit it's less like feeling sorry (mournful like b4), more like "it's already cut and two; learn the lesson or silence legion"... yes! definitely beautiful

As a small side note, quite so strange-After reading your post, I just had to play this album again. So, I didn't realize I had my disc man set to "random" and the first song it chose to play was "right in two"!
Anyhow, I totally get that countdown feel as well! The intensity just builds and builds. It's like tensions are building as you're trying to prevent a fight, then it just breaks out as you stand there helpless, and finally dwindles down as you shake your head...Just so gorgeous in the emotionally changes.

*As an aside, I just want to say how grateful I am to be able to connect/discuss this stuff with you guys! Just with this one thread, I am taken back to the concert (saw them in DC) and the unity I felt there. I know this is unrelated to the original thread topic, but I just gotta mention how mindblowing it was for me to feel so connected in spite of the size of the MCI/Verizon center. I have seen a couple different shows in small clubs (usually ~50 people) and they usually had me feeling so lonely, empty in spite of the intimacy of the club. I wanted to post this and my two cents about the concert, but being new to the forum, I didn't realize how the review forum shuts down after a week :(

vicarious462
10-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Well said!!!!!.......Adam plays incredible on this song....reminds me of the beginning of Sober when Adam does some nice work....Doesn't sound dumb at all. The song really does have a kind of mournful tone which I'd say is chiefly from that guitar. But wow,.. that part before the song hits full force -- always reminds me of like a spaceshuttle launching,.. as if Maynard with the "fight over love over light", etc part is like the countdown before the song hits full force. And when it does hit it's less like feeling sorry (mournful like b4), more like "it's already cut and two; learn the lesson or silence legion"... yes! definitely beautiful

myministry
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
All hail the king of harmonics and feedback :Adam Jones:

the bending rodriguez
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
the king of harmonics and feedback :Adam Jones:

no

base metal
10-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, the guitar part sets the mood for sure.