PDA

View Full Version : Scott Reeder

ProfoundHaytred
11-26-2002, 09:59 AM
Once i heard that this song was dedicated to scott reeder of that one band, damnit i cant remeber the name of it right now, which is odd, but, i thought they were on good terms, because i know that he has played with tool a couple times especially on their cover of demon cleaner..thats odd.dont ya think?
PS can someone tell me the name of that bandn also, i kinda feel like a moron for not remembering it...sorry.

hyeboy
11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
That would be Kyuss, which would be really odd indeed considering I thought Tool all but worshipped that band.

Pushit16
11-29-2002, 08:50 PM
Maynard dedicated it to Scott Reeder at Coachella 1999. Not sure why exactly. Just clarifying the performance.

chrisayscue
12-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Even though Maynard dedicated the song to Scott Reeder, it is, as the FAQ says, open for interpretation about anybody. And besides, don't let others think for you, even if the others are the people that wrote the song. It could be about anyone, and you can interpret to be anyone in your life.

StinkyFists
12-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Just because they dedicated a performance of this song to reeder doesnt mean its about him. I think the song is not nessasarily about a single person but is actually about leadership in general and how society views "Leaders." Well thats just my take on it but its always open to interpretation and can be related to anyone by anyone.

Hogpile
12-16-2002, 10:06 AM
On every single forum I've been to on this site, there are at least 473413984394394879 posts about how each and every song by Tool is open for interpretation. Everything is open for interpretation. Van Halen is open to interpretation, Winger is open to interpretation, if I rip a fart in a library thats open for interpretation too. But the whole fun in listening to Tool for me, besides taking whatever i want from each song and having my own view, is trying to think of what in the fuck Maynard and the rest of Tool were thinking of, or what his original ideas were that spawned the lyrics in the first place. I think we have cleared up once and for all that life itself is an interpertation of how we perceive ourselves and others so do we really need to overstate the obvious?