PDA

View Full Version : about the 10kdays cover...

Lawy
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
i'm sorry if anyone has posted it.
well, first of all, the cover has two main eyes (and more if you look deeper), but three faces on it. i'm sure everyone is seeing it.
BUT. you see that the two faces are annoyed, bored. so, MJK/someoneelse may be trying to tell something to us. like - the evil is bored, tool is bored/annoyed.
OR they are telling us to see things peripherally (you can see that the faces are annoyed only if you look at the sides, not the main pic), like poets do.
you could post your thoughts about the cover here. even if you say only that, that mine's crap!!!

p.s - sorry about my poor english, if i had mistakes.

pork chops
09-27-2006, 10:16 AM
BUT. you see that the two faces are annoyed, bored. so, MJK may be trying to tell something to us. like - the evil is bored, tool is bored/annoyed.

maynard didn't do the artwork. why does everybody assume that maynard is the only one with a voice or thoughts or opinions in the band. perhaps he's just the grand puppet master and the other 3 are his marionettes incapable of having thoughts or opinions or expression of their own.

Lawy
09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I know that he didn't make it!! i'm just saying that those reasons stated above could make him/someoneelse choose that painting.
my thoughts are allways scrambled and messed up like that. sorry for the misunderstanding.
anyways, i hope that's clear now.

Nova
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
over thinking and overanalyzing seperate the body from the mind. didnt we just go over this in another thread??

and why does everyone study every aspect of everything and think it has some kinda deep meaning or some big sign that they are trying to tell us. get a fucking life, bitches.

Terry21
09-27-2006, 12:31 PM
^ I agree that the first post was kind of proofless, but this thread is ok and you don't have the right to insult anybody that didn't do anything wrong, that was friendly and careful. Stay the hell out of this thread.

implandnoises
09-27-2006, 02:09 PM
i'm sorry if anyone has posted it.
well, first of all, the cover has two main eyes (and more if you look deeper), but three faces on it. i'm sure everyone is seeing it.
BUT. you see that the two faces are annoyed, bored. so, MJK/someoneelse may be trying to tell something to us. like - the evil is bored, tool is bored/annoyed.
OR they are telling us to see things peripherally (you can see that the faces are annoyed only if you look at the sides, not the main pic), like poets do.
you could post your thoughts about the cover here. even if you say only that, that mine's crap!!!

p.s - sorry about my poor english, if i had mistakes.

Hello. Check out the subforum in this area called Artwork. It may have addressed something like this.(and that is where this thread should really be).

Alex Grey painted the piece and Adam Jones loved it when he saw it, so asked Alex if he could use it.

I saw Alex talking about it somewhere on the net. Each head actually has four faces (imagine another one on the other side). I don't remember him saynig anything about the expression of the faces, but the general idea of the whole thing is collective conciousness, interconnected spirits and that kind of thing. Sorry, I wouldn't want to talk in too much detail about something I really wasn't listening too...

But as for the expressions on the faces, well I am not sure what Alex Grey would say about that. Perhaps he would say: "If you think they are annoyed then that is exactly what they are. This is you finding the frustration in yourself. The fact that no-one seems to be listening to the poet anymore. So many wise words are given yet so few are received."

Or perhaps he would say: "No, no, they are supposed to have blank faces and look compassionate."

When I look at their expressions, I can't help but think of the difficulties of creating a multi-faced head. I think the side noses are flat and turned towards the ground because that makes the front face look more rounded. If they were sticking out more then the image may look less convincing. The eyes are an issue here too. They are painted as a part of the front face mainly. This means that they give the side faces an odd expression because they are at a strange angle. I saw a photo of a statue of a head like this. The eyes looked very different because they were placed evenly around the head. If Alex had based his painting directly off the statue then the front face would look less convincing, but the side faces may look less "bored".

I think another interesting question is:

Why did they choose to make the cover black and white?

It does have a certain dreary quality to it. Perhaps saying: "This universal mind is here for us to discover, but we are letting it slip away, its colours are fading as we focus on the base desires."

lsdexmt
09-27-2006, 02:27 PM
As far as I can tell the faces are expressionless and content in emptiness. The grand representation of collective consciousness wouldn't look "happy" because "happy" is a single emotion, and the idea of collective consciousness is emptiness/fullness/oneness, meaning it experiences all emotions as a whole.

implandnoises
09-27-2006, 02:49 PM
^Yeah, I have to agree with you there.

TWENTY-THREE
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
over thinking and overanalyzing seperate the body from the mind. didnt we just go over this in another thread??

and why does everyone study every aspect of everything and think it has some kinda deep meaning or some big sign that they are trying to tell us. get a fucking life, bitches.

Step back, go for a 20k run, and take a look at what you wrote, (and maybe the world around you too)

Nova
09-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Step back, go for a 20k run, and take a look at what you wrote, (and maybe the world around you too)

destroy yourself.

thanks.

Lawy
09-29-2006, 11:34 PM
well, thanks for your opinions :P though I was wrong.