PDA

View Full Version : Most complex song in 10,000 Days.

christianxrojas
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I listen to RT over and over again and I never get tired of its progressions, it's lyrics, it's change of moods. I think it is as brilliant as Lateralus (the song). Even better, it has a 4 minute intro (Lost Keys). Also the first part, which is so hard to lyrically understand, gives the perfect sensation of someone losing his mind in a very chaotic way.

This song is like never ending, you don't want this song to end, and I think this is what MJK and company wanted: so long, so chaotic, you never stop falling down and down in an intinite sea so you can't know where is the end, and this is why the song crashes and ends. They just found the perfect note and moment to give its ending.

Which are your experiences or your feelings about R.S.?

Opinions are welcome!

Cheers from Mexico.

iAMtheMA!
09-26-2006, 07:14 PM
welcome to prog-rock. enjoy it! :)

Terry21
09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
^ Correct. :)

I agree with the first poster, and there is much more. The booming-bassy production with all instruments working together and all the pieces that fit together like a puzzle are truely stunning. And it's like watching a movie.

Yogho!
09-28-2006, 01:21 AM
yes the song is genius :)

identity_theory
09-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Probably the hardest to perform song they've done. Those changes are AWESOME. It's like an 18-wheeler doing donuts in a 7-11 parking lot. :D

Enfer
09-29-2006, 11:30 PM
It -is- the hardest song to perform. But they've been perfecting from what I've heard, and from what I saw tonight (much better than in May). Great song. Probably my favorite off the new album, too, christianxrojas. :) My favorite part is "fuck me, gotta be, deadhead chemistry..." Gives me the chills. Love screamin' it. Great for sex! ;)

Terry21
09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Probably the hardest to perform song they've done. Those changes are AWESOME. It's like an 18-wheeler doing donuts in a 7-11 parking lot. :D

By brother is planning to do this song live with his band, allthough I think the drummer needs a 'lil practise for that!

base metal
09-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes indeed, this song is something else, I love it too. The time changes and dynamics are interesting, it definitely builds and changes moods and the lyrics are off the wall. They play it well live and Maynard even acted out the whole "fuck me, gotta be the deadhead chemistry....got me seeing E-Mutherfuckin' T!!", running back and forth, looking up and down like he was really freakin'. It was both mind blowing and hilarious in concert.

Cheers!!