PDA

View Full Version : throw up. a lovely drawing.

Paladin
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=044947PM.jpg
here it is, a pencil sketch made a while ago, not my best, but i thaught id show it, i was listening to third eye... guess which part.

plexus
05-21-2003, 02:03 PM
sweet one.. i like this one better than the other ones... the skeletal structure shit is badass... keep posting more... i really wanna see more...

PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE

Paladin
05-24-2003, 07:45 AM
i believe this one needs some more comments thanks.

Pro_Art
05-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I love it. What's that thing in his mouth?

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

m4yn4rd
05-24-2003, 11:09 AM
nice piece dude, i really like this one,

Paladin
05-25-2003, 02:29 PM
check the title and guess what the thing in his mouth is...:D... if u dont want to guess...its vomit. his body is rejecting what he was...and accepting who he is...and incase you dont quite get it... he's reaching into the shadows...pulling the pieces from the sand (in his hand)...trying to re-esemble who he was (might have been?)...blah blah blah...PRYING OPEN MY(his) THIRD EYE...

fear + loathing
05-25-2003, 04:19 PM
funny thing is when i first heard that song i imagined black goo stuff pouring fourth from the third eye when i heard that part of the song. Even though its Prying open the goo thing doesn't really fit in..... but really cool i like it!

Merkaba
05-26-2003, 12:00 PM
i really like your work. please put more up. i really enjoy all the pieces you have done. except two, can remember which but they were colored and were muscular-like. howeve i can say your very talented and urge you to continue and focus on your craft.

Oblive
05-26-2003, 01:08 PM
dude this rocks....love the concept and think it could be an amazing looking piece

can i offer some advice though?

oh..and would you mind if i tried to digitize this?

Paladin
05-26-2003, 03:53 PM
go ahead...offer advice...digitize, bastardize, do what you like.

Oblive
05-27-2003, 04:03 PM
i would not bastardize it at all. i would love to see some amazing textures added to that image though. Think the computer can add alot to it.

as for advice....i'll only say one thing...dont outline everything...learn to shade the lights and darks not trace the shape. it'll add some dimension to it

but i still think it rocks dude

dawn
05-27-2003, 04:54 PM
...From an artistic stand point, it is very good...the concept, the technique...but I don't lke it...

FlamingEye
06-02-2003, 01:55 PM
That is so fuckin awesome. I really like it

4th Eye
06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
It's good overally but I don't like the throw up. Looks like he has a stick in his mouth. Should spread more and look more liquid, ya know? And the fingers are maybe too long...But it's good.

Paladin
06-04-2003, 07:42 AM
the fingers are alot bigger compared to say...the head because the hand is considerably closer to the veiwer than the head, and the puke...theres lots of sand in it, thats why its strigh down, i imagine puking out sand would be going straight down.

and still no one has guessed which part of third eye, put all the clues together.

godsmistake
06-05-2003, 11:35 AM
I know this is a tool forum, but you guys really need to stop posting pictures with aa image of a third eye in them. I understand the concept. I understood it when I first listened to Aenima. this has become redundant and is no longer worthy of artistic interpretation. If you need to rip off an idea from tool, look a little harder than a song title.

Paladin
06-05-2003, 11:54 AM
yeah, i knwo its cliched. but i was taking the lyrics literaly and interpreting them into a drawing, so yes, its not orriginal...i do0nt think i ever said it was. and that is, and will be the only drawing i will do with a third eye.

random_spiral
06-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by godsmistake
I know this is a tool forum, but you guys really need to stop posting pictures with aa image of a third eye in them. I understand the concept. I understood it when I first listened to Aenima. this has become redundant and is no longer worthy of artistic interpretation. If you need to rip off an idea from tool, look a little harder than a song title.

so the third eye is no longer worthy of artistic interpetation? why don´t you be a bastard in another forum. i´d like to say collectively for the board...

¨FUCK YOU¨

art is art...you can´t tell people what to draw and what not to draw. everybody needs to experiment with anything they want.

other than that the drawing is damn good.

seeker
06-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by godsmistake

i seriously doubt you understand everything there is to understand about the concept of third eye. even if you think you do, you can NEVER understand what it means to anyone else.

Originally posted by random_spiral
¨FUCK YOU¨

well said.

and it's not tool's idea... the third eye has been around for a helluva lot longer than the 1990's.