PDA

View Full Version : Cozened Indigo

Spiralysis
09-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure everyone knows what cozened means by now but I haven't seen much discussion on what this particular part is about. I have a theory; wanna tell ya bout it; here it goes:

Cozened as we all know means to act deceitfully. With that said, no one is deceiving the color indigo.

Modern Psychics who claim to be able to observe the aura with their third eye generally regard someone with an indigo aura as being someone who is religious.

This song is about people like Pat Robertson, L Ron Hubbard, President Bush, etc. who criticize all day long and get away with it because they hide behind the curtain of "religion".

iAMtheMA!
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
"remember i'll always love you" ...but you're wrong.
well, they DO hide behind religion - damn right there.

"freedom is not america's gift to the world
freedom is the almighty's gift to everyone" (approx.)
- bush

(don't make me hafta call 'em shrubs outta hate!)

HappySlave
09-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm sure everyone knows what cozened means by now but I haven't seen much discussion on what this particular part is about. I have a theory; wanna tell ya bout it; here it goes:

Cozened as we all know means to act deceitfully. With that said, no one is deceiving the color indigo.

Modern Psychics who claim to be able to observe the aura with their third eye generally regard someone with an indigo aura as being someone who is religious.

This song is about people like Pat Robertson, L Ron Hubbard, President Bush, etc. who criticize all day long and get away with it because they hide behind the curtain of "religion".

Also, the color electric indigo is used to symbolically represent the sixth (Ajna) chakra (third eye). This is courtesy of Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo. It's an interesting "coincidence".

dissected-detcessid
09-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Indigo is a light purple...
Red + Blue + White = Indigo
The old stars and bars.

Spiralysis
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Also, the color electric indigo is used to symbolically represent the sixth (Ajna) chakra (third eye). This is courtesy of Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo. It's an interesting "coincidence".

I saw that too. I still think this song is a big "fuck you" to the religious hypocrites of the world. Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time Maynard wrote a song like that.

fugitive538
09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
though i like the first idea as well, this ^^ (stars and bars stuff) caught my attention. this may be an other interesting bit of maynard's lyrics. i can imagine that all theese ideas were considered by maynard Himself. (remember, these are not lírics written in 4 days by some emo-core band...)

HappySlave
09-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Indigo is a light purple...
Red + Blue + White = Indigo
The old stars and bars.

I too had thought about the indigo/American Flag correlation. The idea seems to hold up in conjunction with the context (at least in my mind).

Jimmeny
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
From the 'Official Lyrics Release' Thread

"New Age Philosophy

The color electric indigo is used to symbolically represent the sixth (Ajna) chakra, which is said to include the third eye."

and

"Ajna or the third eye is linked to the pineal gland."

Well then

"now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo. (musta) got lemon juice
up in your eye when you pissed all over my black kettle"

As I said, I thought the indigo would be a much cleverer reference than simply 'tears' (which doesn't work anyway). Cozened indigo perhaps implies, then, someone who is using a drug experience (yep, The Pot, but calling it 'The Pot' isn't very adventurous) to pretend they have a specific spiritual outlook on life, but they are really a hypocrit about it.

The tears are a metaphor, and he swings the metaphor back by saying the were brought on by lemon juice, which is a metaphor for bitterness. All speculation.

iAMtheMA!
09-26-2006, 06:59 PM
IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST FUCKING DIG ALREADY
THEY WOULD'VE KNOWN THIS ALLLLLLL ALONG!
(id es id indigo = third eye et al PAX!)

goddamn, if cyber-slap-age were only possible...

[end communication]

HappySlave
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST FUCKING DIG ALREADY
THEY WOULD'VE KNOWN THIS ALLLLLLL ALONG!
(id es id indigo = third eye et al PAX!)

goddamn, if cyber-slap-age were only possible...

[end communication]

You got some sand???

iAMtheMA!
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
what? that? i'm not sure what that was...
something just took over, ya know?

njm
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I think indigo means blood.

"Now your weeping shades of cozened indigo"

Weeping blood that has been cozened out of you. ie. the blood of people who fight wars for deceitful reasons...

Inner_Eulogy
02-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I think indigo means blood.

"Now your weeping shades of cozened indigo"

Weeping blood that has been cozened out of you. ie. the blood of people who fight wars for deceitful reasons...

That's what I always thought it meant

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
indigo can also mean victimization

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:05 PM
which actually would play well into the song

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:06 PM
that's why "chosen indigo" always made sense to me...choosing to make yourself a victim...so...it's chosen indigo..not cozened indigo. And yes I know the official lyrics are out but it's still chosen indigo. Thanks.

njm
02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
think about it in a setting of an unjust war (cough, cough IRAQ, cough, cough)

"Now you're weeping shades of indigo, shed without a reason"

maybe it works....

Does anyone else think the song is about hypocritic polititions?

Inner_Eulogy
02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
think about it in a setting of an unjust war (cough, cough IRAQ, cough, cough)

"Now you're weeping shades of indigo, shed without a reason"

maybe it works....

Does anyone else think the song is about hypocritic polititions?

Politicians, governments...<cough> Presidents.

Alex in Chains
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM

How do you lump Bush in with Pat Robertson and L. Ron Hubbard?

Inner_Eulogy
02-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Um, their first names all have only 1 syllable??

Figuratively speaking anyway I guess

anyways, it's a joke

latifbp
03-01-2007, 07:59 PM
there is a lot of hypocrisy in people who call themselves "victims". a lot of victims, and masochists, rather than sadists, hold the power and draw the boudary of how far the sadist goes.

tryptosaur
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Indigo also has traditionally been used to make blue jeans blue. Now if jeans really mean genes, then blue genes would mean some type of hhhhhhypergenetic sorrow!? Hence the weeping and this could refer to the bloodline(genetic ancestory) of the corrupt reptilian-rulers who have continued to rape and pillage throughout history(David Icke ref.) and cozened since the majority of Americans do wear blue jeans therefore unwittingly reaffirming the deeper, nastier truth that these corrupted bloodlines(oh yeah--they're BLUE[=INDIGO] bloodlines!) want us to promote their evil ways on a massive subconscious level, making it seem as though these human-reptile hybrids actually have the capability to feel emotion at all (ie: weeping; feeling the blues) when in actuality they have simply gotten simple, everyday lemon juice up in their eye (notice how on the dollar bill at the top of the pyramid there's just one supposedly all-seeing eye?)
Any weeping that these spoiled inheritors of world domination might seem to display is really just a failiure to wear the proper eye-protection when doing strange things with lemon juice. And when it comes down to it, lemon juice on one level is in fact a yellow liquid---hmmm, what other liquid just happens to be yellow, that Maynard mentions in this song?
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem.
And the kangaroo could've stepped through a wormhole that the Austalian doctor was working on the other end of---and the keys are still missing!

Inner_Eulogy
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Indigo also has traditionally been used to make blue jeans blue. Now if jeans really mean genes, then blue genes would mean some type of hhhhhhypergenetic sorrow!? Hence the weeping and this could refer to the bloodline(genetic ancestory) of the corrupt reptilian-rulers who have continued to rape and pillage throughout history(David Icke ref.) and cozened since the majority of Americans do wear blue jeans therefore unwittingly reaffirming the deeper, nastier truth that these corrupted bloodlines(oh yeah--they're BLUE[=INDIGO] bloodlines!) want us to promote their evil ways on a massive subconscious level, making it seem as though these human-reptile hybrids actually have the capability to feel emotion at all (ie: weeping; feeling the blues) when in actuality they have simply gotten simple, everyday lemon juice up in their eye (notice how on the dollar bill at the top of the pyramid there's just one supposedly all-seeing eye?)
Any weeping that these spoiled inheritors of world domination might seem to display is really just a failiure to wear the proper eye-protection when doing strange things with lemon juice. And when it comes down to it, lemon juice on one level is in fact a yellow liquid---hmmm, what other liquid just happens to be yellow, that Maynard mentions in this song?
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem.
And the kangaroo could've stepped through a wormhole that the Austalian doctor was working on the other end of---and the keys are still missing!

What in the fuck was that? Lay off the hard drugs a little man, I think they're warping your brain.

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
that was awesomenessssss....

Inner_Eulogy
03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
My brain hurts after reading that clusterfuck of mindless rant

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
precisely.....brain hurts are not a bad thing

Anirak
03-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Are the official lyrics for this even out? I always thought it was "chosen indigo" and "got a little juice up in your eye."

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
lemonade in your eye

Inner_Eulogy
03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Are the official lyrics for this even out? I always thought it was "chosen indigo" and "got a little juice up in your eye."

Get with the program slacker! The official lyrics were released quite some time ago. And it is cozened indigo as well as lemon juice

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 11:14 AM
chosen indigo....lemon juice....mmmm...sounds good

RidetheRedshift
03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
you guys ever heard of a rhyming dictionary?

If you were in a band and wrote songs to make people think, wouldn't it be fun to let people digest the obvious lyrics for a few months and then, depending on the discussions you saw in your website, or the media or whatever struck your fancy at the time, you could then take the questionable pronunciations (which are found often in rock and roll) and rework the lyrics with the rhyming dictionary? Sort of like a second juicing of the same lemon?

Nah, I'm probably wrong. After all these lyrics are 'official' and we all know the US Dept. of Officialness would never have allowed use of the word without sworn written consent from all involved.

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
*claps* marry me?

RidetheRedshift
03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
*claps* marry me?

perhaps.

are you female?

what's your cup size?

do you like doggie?

3 yes's gets my heart forever.

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 12:43 PM
lol...ooookaaaayyyy

tryptosaur
03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
OK. Fine. Be that way.

hobblegobble
03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
yeah..thanks...good post anyway...

Inner_Eulogy
03-14-2007, 01:28 PM
you guys ever heard of a rhyming dictionary?

If you were in a band and wrote songs to make people think, wouldn't it be fun to let people digest the obvious lyrics for a few months and then, depending on the discussions you saw in your website, or the media or whatever struck your fancy at the time, you could then take the questionable pronunciations (which are found often in rock and roll) and rework the lyrics with the rhyming dictionary? Sort of like a second juicing of the same lemon?

Nah, I'm probably wrong. After all these lyrics are 'official' and we all know the US Dept. of Officialness would never have allowed use of the word without sworn written consent from all involved.

Damn skippy

RidetheRedshift
03-15-2007, 11:47 AM
lol...ooookaaaayyyy

haha yeah silly me. I should have asked you something important like:

How much money do you make?

How much bullshit will you take?

Are you naive and easy to lie to?

Will you enable all my superficial addictions?

; )

hobblegobble
03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
none
none
no
no

:o) does that work???????? lol

RidetheRedshift
03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
none
none
no
no

:o) does that work???????? lol

hmmm. in that case could you get back to me in 5-10 years after all this damn testosterone in my system settles just a bit? not sure I have what it takes at this point to not make a wifey miserable. believe me, I'm doing you a favor.

since we're not getting married can we get back to the first set of questions?

hobblegobble
03-16-2007, 11:20 AM
who said we weren't..???

tryptosaur
03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I fail to see anything even remotely indigo here.
I'm probably just not looking hard enough.

hobblegobble
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
lol..

DukeSThompson
03-18-2007, 05:00 AM
"cozened since the majority of Americans do wear blue jeans therefore unwittingly reaffirming the deeper, nastier truth that these corrupted bloodlines"-tryptosaur
Does this mean i can't wear blue jeans anymore?
Just curious cuz i'm fix'n to dump a load on goodwill.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
My brain hurts after reading that clusterfuck of mindless rant

lmao.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-18-2007, 04:26 PM
perhaps.

are you female?

what's your cup size?

do you like doggie?

lol that would be 2 yes's and one answer of A-Z haha just had to post it

RidetheRedshift
03-18-2007, 10:42 PM
lol that would be 2 yes's and one answer of A-Z haha just had to post it

lol nice. I need an editor.

tryptosaur
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
To answer your question about throwing your jeans out...
I am reminded of another line from, yes, you guessed it---"The Pot".
"Don't go tossing your stones around" (that's it isn't it?)
When you decided to seriously pose the question did you realize the connection, here?
You were talking about Stone-washed jeans, weren't you?
So Maynard is obviously saying to all of us to not "throw out the baby with the bathwater" so to speak. The jeans are only a material (denim) symbol of a much deeper genetic reality that unfortunately too many of us ignore, including myself when things become stressful sometimes.
I think the deeper meaning of this song is to not bother attempting to retaliate against the one in the "high" positions through the symbolic representation of things but through the things themselves---the genes, or bloodline, or within the realm of the double-helix--- the actual spiral of Lateralus where dimensions have their birth.
I know this type of genius (aka: rambling) may not be easy to accept. At first.
You may even be inclined to reach for the Domino's--the sugar--so you can have a spoonful to "help the medicine go down", but a much better DNA-friendly, ecofriendly choice would be some good old agave nectar, which just happens to be delicious by the way.
Do you see?

tryptosaur
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry I got lost for a moment.
If we got rid of our blue jeans, it might just be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back.
The message of global subserviancy that the evil reptilian-human hybrid dominators have come to count on can not be complete without the vital role the unconscious segment (majority) of the public plays on a day to day basis.
Don't we see?
We don't need to understand electricity to turn on a juicer when we want juice, so why do we need to understand the immense rediculousness of our corrupt rulers plot to consume all of the natural and unnatural resources so that their bloodlines can continue to get fat with power and ugly with arrogance while the TRUE, NOT the blue blood lines that we are (100% human or at least pretty damn close) just lay back and watch on our TVs--remote control in hand pointing at the screen while the REAL remote control is in fact the media itself, along with the poison in our junkfood and livestock--pointing through the screen at US. Where do you think McDonalds got the idea of "my McDonalds"? From our forefathers who said that the U.S. is really us. Bullshit. They're NOT the same thing, no matter how clever they think they are.! !

Inner_Eulogy
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
To answer your question about throwing your jeans out...
I am reminded of another line from, yes, you guessed it---"The Pot".
"Don't go tossing your stones around" (that's it isn't it?)
When you decided to seriously pose the question did you realize the connection, here?
You were talking about Stone-washed jeans, weren't you?
So Maynard is obviously saying to all of us to not "throw out the baby with the bathwater" so to speak. The jeans are only a material (denim) symbol of a much deeper genetic reality that unfortunately too many of us ignore, including myself when things become stressful sometimes.
I think the deeper meaning of this song is to not bother attempting to retaliate against the one in the "high" positions through the symbolic representation of things but through the things themselves---the genes, or bloodline, or within the realm of the double-helix--- the actual spiral of Lateralus where dimensions have their birth.
I know this type of genius (aka: rambling) may not be easy to accept. At first.
You may even be inclined to reach for the Domino's--the sugar--so you can have a spoonful to "help the medicine go down", but a much better DNA-friendly, ecofriendly choice would be some good old agave nectar, which just happens to be delicious by the way.
Do you see?

What the hell are on you man? What color would you like your padded walls to be?

hobblegobble
03-21-2007, 02:09 PM
lol.....lol...this is great...I seriously feel like I just drank 20 cups of coffee after reading that...

Apachana
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Tryptosaur I loved your theory :D Except for the Lizard part. Ok basicly on the inside we've all got a lizard brain. But I don't think the blood drinking rituals are lizard related. I just think they drink blood, cuz they love proteins and adore ritual, due to immense mushroom intake (stimulating the ritualistic neurological brainlobes) in the higher eschalons of power.

insolent_dragon
03-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Great song.

The cozened indigo part of the song seems to imply running masquera.

Think about it...

Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye

With typical Maynard sarcasm, he seems to be addressing fake tears from someone of the opposite sex (when ladies with masquera get all leaky in the eyes, the make-up runs indigo).

At first I thought this was a clue that the song is about a woman, but in another part of the song, he says boy, which probably means the song is addressing a group of people, as stated by someone else above.

I don't think he's talking about politicians, though. The song seems to reflect a personal outrage at being criticized by someone (or a group of someones), not in the vague manner that politicians employ, when they're trying to condemn something without losing votes.

Does anyone have any clue what the kangaroo reference is about?

paraflux
03-26-2007, 07:11 AM
yeah... look around...

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Great song.

The cozened indigo part of the song seems to imply running masquera.

Think about it...

Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
Got lemon juice up in your eye

With typical Maynard sarcasm, he seems to be addressing fake tears from someone of the opposite sex (when ladies with masquera get all leaky in the eyes, the make-up runs indigo).

At first I thought this was a clue that the song is about a woman, but in another part of the song, he says boy, which probably means the song is addressing a group of people, as stated by someone else above.

I don't think he's talking about politicians, though. The song seems to reflect a personal outrage at being criticized by someone (or a group of someones), not in the vague manner that politicians employ, when they're trying to condemn something without losing votes.

Quite a good observation, never thought about it that way. Google Kangaroo Court or search the forums for the answer to your question.

jevons
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Indigo is associated with the throat chakra (i forget what it's called). The throat chakra is associated with the self.
People weeping? People dripping away, piece by piece, helpless tear by helpless tear?

The masquera is imagery, perhaps you, perhaps tool: self on the outside instead of inside, weeping along in disarray.
Tricked, lied to, we cry to no avail.

jevons
03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Kangaroo? Do they hold fictitious, predecided courts for show, as well as hop around so well? What else does that?
I'll give you a hint,

''&^$#% have weapons of mass-destruction.''

and

''Well, you're just a dumb hippy, so what could you know about anything, with your red eyes, it's you whose in the wrong'' *points finger, hops around the topic*

Two kangaroos, and one of them might live in your home. *que the violins from Halloween movies*

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Kangaroo? Do they hold fictitious, predecided courts for show, as well as hop around so well? What else does that?
I'll give you a hint,

''&^$#% have weapons of mass-destruction.''

and

''Well, you're just a dumb hippy, so what could you know about anything, with your red eyes, it's you whose in the wrong'' *points finger, hops around the topic*

Two kangaroos, and one of them might live in your home. *que the violins from Halloween movies*

Kangaroo Court=Basically when you're guilty regardless of the circumstance. A trial under false pretense. Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

jevons
03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Not feeling, when you are. Think Saddam's trial. It was over before it started. Think Oswald.
The accused doesn't perform the kangaroo court, McCarthy does, or Bush.

It's not a feeling, it's a practice.

Rod
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM

They all use religion as a tool to dupe the masses....

Now lets all say a prayer.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Not feeling, when you are. Think Saddam's trial. It was over before it started. Think Oswald.
The accused doesn't perform the kangaroo court, McCarthy does, or Bush.

It's not a feeling, it's a practice.

Isn't that basically what I just said.

jevons
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I was just talking about your use of the word ''feeling'''. We're cool.

They can't dupe us anymore. More than 1/3 of Americans have started to become interested in very interesting things. The FOL is selling like gangbusters up heah outside my igloo. I'll pray for rain.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I was just talking about your use of the word ''feeling'''. We're cool.

They can't dupe us anymore. More than 1/3 of Americans have started to become interested in very interesting things. The FOL is selling like gangbusters up heah outside my igloo. I'll pray for rain.

Perhaps you should re-read my post then. The word "feeling" is nowhere in it.

jevons
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
ummmm. i swear it was there. You edited *point finger* Editor!!! Editor!!!

ummm. sorry man, you win. I was just trying to make this world a better place for the children of TDN, for they are our most valuable resource, they are the future. And Jevons stands for a unified front against those who might oppose our fledgeling Nation-State.
Jevons stands for lower taxes.
Jevons stands for truth.
Jevons stands for freedom.
Jevons is the way of the future.

vote Jevons

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
ummmm. i swear it was there. You edited *point finger* Editor!!! Editor!!!

ummm. sorry man, you win. I was just trying to make this world a better place for the children of TDN, for they are our most valuable resource, they are the future. And Jevons stands for a unified front against those who might oppose our fledgeling Nation-State.
Jevons stands for lower taxes.
Jevons stands for truth.
Jevons stands for freedom.
Jevons is the way of the future.

vote Jevons

Nah, I'm the man of the future. I'm an Aquarius and we are in the Age of Aquarius. Read up on it if you'd like, we are the innovative thinkers that are years ahead in our way of thinking and thought process that will lead us all through the evolution of mankind.

......at least that's what they say...

Freemena
03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought the Inidigo reference was of the indigo child... non-conformists... possesed of supernatural psychic abilities and awareness... those that are supposed to lead the way to intellectual enlightenment... who are battered down by societial rules and authority. And as for the Age of Aquarious... It stands for the age of intellectual freedom and rebellion from authority, i.e. again... the indigo child... bash me if you like.

jevons
03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Nah, I'm the man of the future. I'm an Aquarius and we are in the Age of Aquarius. Read up on it if you'd like, we are the innovative thinkers that are years ahead in our way of thinking and thought process that will lead us all through the evolution of mankind.

......at least that's what they say...

That is the most self-aggrandizing lot of shit i've ever heard. Plus, i'm a Sagittarius, so i'm even farther ahead of my time, 4000 years ahead.
Every hero needs a villain, so i'll see you on the campaign trail, you wishy washy, hard-line lacking draft dodger.

vote jevons.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
That is the most self-aggrandizing lot of shit i've ever heard. Plus, i'm a Sagittarius, so i'm even farther ahead of my time, 4000 years ahead.
Every hero needs a villain, so i'll see you on the campaign trail, you wishy washy, hard-line lacking draft dodger.

vote jevons.

Actually, you're wrong. Sagittarius is one whom is prone to pridefulness, impulsiveness, impatience, impracticality, and blind optimism. I suppose they say something about being intellectual somewhere in there.

Aquarius are individuals born under this sign are thought to have a modest, creative, challenging, entertaining, progressive, stimulating, and independent character, but one which is also prone to rebelliousness, coldness, erraticism, and impracticality.

Posted directly from Wikipedia.....and FYI, I wasn't alive when they had the draft. I served my 4yrs voluntarily.

VOTE INNER_EULOGY

jevons
03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Now sir, we can't be expected to believe everything we read about starsigns, as i have been educated on the subject ad nauseum and never really been able to come to a conclusion...

except, of course, the tidbit that anyone born of a fire sign is inherently stronger of both body and mind than water signs.

Think about it like Rock Paper Scissors: earth sinks in water, air just drifts around, and fire boils water into the air.
It all comes back to fire.

One Nation, under Jevons, with liberty and justice for some.

*waves, kisses babies, returns to batcave*

Freemena
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Um... first of all, Aquarius is an air sign. If you thinks it's weak, you need to stand closer to a tornado sometime. Appearently you haven't been educated enough. Im not saying that Sag is weaker, just that air can be a lot more focused than fire... fire tends to spread out. As for fire being the stronger than water... LOL! When water meets fire... sure it transforms, mutates to an effective defense, able to absorb the heat and burn, just like a flame... but what does fire do when it meats water? It is extinguished... put out of it's misery. Now it all depends on the relative intensity of the two elements... but well *smiles* I'm a Scorpio... so don't mind me... not intense at all

jevons
03-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Sir, this is all hyberbole. I am currently staging a campaign for an election that doesn't exist in a Nation-State which i made up. Let's not do this whole ''my dad could beat up your dad....'' thing.

Now, if you don't mind, i'd like to get back to finding the formula for translating perfect sarcasm in heah.
Gnaw mane?

And doode, could you list which signs are which? I don't really know, if Aquarius is an air sign, i'm out in left field.

?????
Fire: Sagittarius, Scorpio, Aires,
Air: Libra, Virgo, Gemini
Water: Cancer, Pisces, Aquarius
Earth: Taurus, Leo, Capricorn
?????

On the wheel, starting with Sagittarius, it'd look like this:
Fire,
earth,
water,
water,
fire,
earth,
air,
water,
earth,
earth,
air,
air,
fire.'

Which means it makes sense to me that i am right.

Freemena
03-28-2007, 10:02 AM
From you, I'll take scorp being a fire sign as a compliment. I'll vote for you, too! And your dad could probly beat mine up... and there is no perfect sarcasm, only perfect interpretation...

But the order is thus (if you were not being sarcastic... *smiles*)

Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

and the wheel (starting with Sagittarius) is thus:

Fire
Earth
Air
Water
Fire
Earth
Air
Water
Fire
Earth
Air
Water

Wheels dont work well when they are lop-sided! Hope this helps... (And yes, I know I know waaayyyy too much about it... but Im a scorpio... interested in all things mystical and mysterious (amoung other things)) Which is why you are wrong. (Oh, and you can call me "Miss" or "doodess" because the whole being addressed as a guy thing is scary *shudders*)

Inner_Eulogy
03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Think about it like Rock Paper Scissors: earth sinks in water, air just drifts around, and fire boils water into the air.
It all comes back to fire.

I hereby challenge that theory in it's fullest. Water is far superior to fire. First off, water would need to be in a container in order for fire to "boil" it (and we're speaking only in terms of elements here). Otherwise, water puts a fire out like it was never even there, just a few smoldering pieces of ash. Water can crash as a wave and break the earth and or over saturate it leaving it useless. Now even had I given you the benefit of the doubt and my water WERE in a container of some form and you boiled it, then I'm still existent as a vapor, molecules still in tact and alive and as the air cools again I will become condensation and return to form, I'm quite versatile. If my water put out fire, there's no coming back. YOU LOSE!!

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Freemena
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
*shakes head* Alright... Aquarius is the Water Bearer, but it's an Air sign... The sign of thought, independance and intellectual persuits... air in general is that way.

Now is anybody gonna acknowlegde my "Indigo child" comment or was I sooooo right on that's its obvious?

jevons
03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
*shakes head* Alright... Aquarius is the Water Bearer, but it's an Air sign... The sign of thought, independance and intellectual persuits... air in general is that way.

Now is anybody gonna acknowlegde my "Indigo child" comment or was I sooooo right on that's its obvious?

Missed that.

jevons
03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I hereby challenge that theory in it's fullest. Water is far superior to fire. First off, water would need to be in a container in order for fire to "boil" it (and we're speaking only in terms of elements here). Otherwise, water puts a fire out like it was never even there, just a few smoldering pieces of ash. Water can crash as a wave and break the earth and or over saturate it leaving it useless. Now even had I given you the benefit of the doubt and my water WERE in a container of some form and you boiled it, then I'm still existent as a vapor, molecules still in tact and alive and as the air cools again I will become condensation and return to form, I'm quite versatile. If my water put out fire, there's no coming back. YOU LOSE!!

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

I can't believe i'm about to do this...

Ok, water is the basis of existence, however, without fire we would not have taken the first step toward civilization.
Fire = everything.

This is ridiculous. Without any of the five elements (5 = chaos/spirit), nothing would be.
NOTHING.

Freemena
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Review post #66...

jevons
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Nietzsche said that the first Ubermensch would be outcasts.

And the indigos are half of the puzzle, the right brain of the planet has something to do with it, as well.
We're in this together.

The indigo's job is to lead the exodus from the logic into the minset of the right. Then, oh then.

Dogs and cats living together, rain falling up, shit moving cuz we tell it.

Freemena
03-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes, the indigo children are very similar to Nietzsche's "Supermen".

The way I understand the "Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo" signifies the authority is spewing out deceitful enlightenment, out of it's glands, as it were. The word "shades" holds a double meaning... one as a ghost (of the real indigo children) and the other as a referenece to the color. What do you think?

jevons
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
cozened = tricked. Deceitful implies that the subject is in the wrong.

Indigo = self the heart chakra is indigo.

''Weeping shades of self who have been decieved.''

Freemena
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Alright... I can accept that interpretation, sort of... it was my understanding that the Ajna was more closely associated with the third eye, self-awareness, time or light, rather than the "self". So, I will accept the interpretaion as "weeping shades of self-awareness that that has been deceived" That would fit with the rest of the song. Thank you. I must look further into the tantric interpretations, I guess.

jevons
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Your heart chakra is at the base of your throat, so are your vocal chords.
''Self'' in terms of personality, what others see.

Inner_Eulogy
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't believe i'm about to do this...

Ok, water is the basis of existence, however, without fire we would not have taken the first step toward civilization.
Fire = everything.

This is ridiculous. Without any of the five elements (5 = chaos/spirit), nothing would be.
NOTHING.

lol, yeah but it was fun

Inner_Eulogy
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Alright... I can accept that interpretation, sort of... it was my understanding that the Ajna was more closely associated with the third eye, self-awareness, time or light, rather than the "self". So, I will accept the interpretaion as "weeping shades of self-awareness that that has been deceived" That would fit with the rest of the song. Thank you. I must look further into the tantric interpretations, I guess.

I can understand making references to the chakra and tantric stuff, but I highly doubt this song has ANYthing to do with the chakras or tantric stuff at all. That's just reading a little bit, ok WAY too much into it.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
05-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Can anyone find a pic of maynard in blue jeans? The lizard guy would freak out. Don't get me wrong lizard guy, i like you, but i don't think the jeans thing is right.

jevons
05-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Can anyone find a pic of maynard in blue jeans? The lizard guy would freak out. Don't get me wrong lizard guy, i like you, but i don't think the jeans thing is right.

Dont encourage him.

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 12:56 PM
The kangaroo reference is obvious!
Remember that awesome song "Pass the Dutchee" by Musical Youth?
They were in a court with a kangaroo in there.
"Dutchee" is a eubonic term for cannabis rolled in tobacco leaf.
Why be in a court with a kangaroo singing joyfully to pass the Dutchee (the pot) on the left hand side?
Traditionally the evil path has been called "the lefthanded path".
The blue/indigo jeans/genes are merely ha(n)dmedowns that came from sATAN hIMSELF to his younger brother/next generation of sATANISTS along with the standard shiny red costumes complete with horns and a tail.
It's a direct reference to Jambi! The devil and his ha(n)dmedowns...
Also he's deliberately tying in Rosetta Stoned here---the Australian doctor?
He's setting us up for the classic 1-2 punch (from a kangaroo with boxing gloves)!
Sorry to repeat myself, but I think it is strongly warranted here: There was an experiment that took place back throughout the 70s called the Montauk Project, where a Kangaroo supposedly came through a wormhole that was electromagnetically generated as a kind of continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment from th 40s, I believe.
Starting to see, now?
Area 51, kangaroos, cannabis, Australian doctor, courtroom featuring Musical Youth, and the ever ominous reptillian blueblooded scumbags who prance around the media like their shit don't stink!
Not to mention direct Devil-references, connected with hand-me-downs (which always have at least one pair of jeans{genes} included!
The blue jeans are EVIL.
"I taught him to eat things that would make a billygoat PUKE!"
For a free Psychic Reading online can anyone tell me what famous movie character was being referred to here and who said the line?

tryptosaur
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Hint: Colonel Trautman said the line.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-09-2007, 08:10 AM
First Blood.

]v[edusa
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
ok..... I will now make it this as clear as I can.

"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
(Musta) got lemon juice up in your eye"

Yes, indigo is referring to the third eye chakra in the song. Now, hes not talking about the opened third eye, Maynard is talking about the out of balanced or shaded thrid eye.

The third eye is the center for intuitive perception, vision, dreams, imagination, concentration, intellect, etc.

When the third eye chakra is out of balance it causes you to be judgemental, fearful, gossipy, etc.

This seems to be the dark or shaded aspect of the third eye chakra. It is also known that when people ignore their shadow side they tend to be a hypocrite. This is because they hide in the fact that they to have issues and problems so they must play innocent by crying out that a specific person is guilty when clearly they are guilty as well. Therefore they are weeping shades of cozened indigo.

This part is only a thought:

Obviously lemon juice in your eye would cause you to cry. Maynard is talking about the third eye. I have a thought on the lemon juice, but I'm not so for sure I'm right. All I know is that the lemon is yellow and so is the will/ego chakra. So maybe the ego could be getting in the way of the third eye functioning properly. yellow is opposite to indigo on the colour wheel.

Inner_Eulogy
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
ok..... I will now make it this as clear as I can.

"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
(Musta) got lemon juice up in your eye"

Yes, indigo is referring to the third eye chakra in the song. Now, hes not talking about the opened third eye, Maynard is talking about the out of balanced or shaded thrid eye.

The third eye is the center for intuitive perception, vision, dreams, imagination, concentration, intellect, etc.

When the third eye chakra is out of balance it causes you to be judgemental, fearful, gossipy, etc.

This seems to be the dark or shaded aspect of the third eye chakra. It is also known that when people ignore their shadow side they tend to be a hypocrite. This is because they hide in the fact that they to have issues and problems so they must play innocent by crying out that a specific person is guilty when clearly they are guilty as well. Therefore they are weeping shades of cozened indigo.

This part is only a thought:

Obviously lemon juice in your eye would cause you to cry. Maynard is talking about the third eye. I have a thought on the lemon juice, but I'm not so for sure I'm right. All I know is that the lemon is yellow and so is the will/ego chakra. So maybe the ego could be getting in the way of the third eye functioning properly. yellow is opposite to indigo on the colour wheel.

Clear as you can as far as YOUR OPINION that it has anything to do with the 3rd eye. Just because it strikes a chord with you related to chakras and such doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with that. There are some lyrics and/or songs which are more obvious than others...just like my opinion is that this song has absolutely nothing to do with chakras and 3rd eyes.

The Holy Gift
07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
i simply dont think the "official" lyrics are correct. they certainly arent posted on toolband.com. maynard didnt descend from a golden cloud and stamp them with the huge rubber "official" stamp. ive spent hours with a lossless WMA file in Adobe's Audition, cleaning it up, reducing noice, extracting the center channel of just his voice; and as clear as day its a "CH" sound, as in choke, chop, chosen. other parts of the lyrics appear to not only be missing, but wrong. (on top of that, there are separate words being said very softly, low, and under the music. i cant exactly tell what they say, but its kind of reminiscent of viginti tres they way you fool around with it and stuff - but i digress.) he simply doesnt sing "cozened", has anyone looked at the pronuciation? it would be pronounced like "cousin" (kŭz'en). u can flame away telling me "BUT THEY'RE OFFICIAL" all you want, i dont care. its just not what he sings.

]v[edusa
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Clear as you can as far as YOUR OPINION that it has anything to do with the 3rd eye. Just because it strikes a chord with you related to chakras and such doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with that. There are some lyrics and/or songs which are more obvious than others...just like my opinion is that this song has absolutely nothing to do with chakras and 3rd eyes.

So it must be a weird coincidence eh?

first, Maynard says that they are weeping. what is shedding tears? and what about the lemon juice in the eye? notice how it says "eye" and not "eyes"? What the hell are they talking about if Tool isn't talking about the third eye here?

I guess the whole "indigo" part isn't such a dead give away that hes talking about the third eye especially after listening that someone was weeping (tears come from eyes)?

By the way (a little off topic), to anyone wondering, the indigo children are given the name "indigo" because they are supposedly associated with the third eye chakra. They also give off an indigo aura the most out of all auras... supposedly we all give off a specific aura the most. If yours is yellow you are associated with the navel chakra, if yours is green you are associated with the heart chakra, etc.. I personally don't know what to think of all of it. Like arent we all supposed to be equal here? Wouldn't it seem a bit unfair that you represent the root chakra and not the third eye or crown chakra? I dont know, I also dont really read too much on the indigo and crystal children so I may be missing something.

So back to this, the third eye has to do with judgment.... so the unbalanced third eye would mean that you are at risk of being a hypocrite and you would point the finger at others.

lets review:

weeping: when we weep, we shed tears and cry. Tears come from eyes.
lemon juice in your eye: wouldnt lemon juice in your eye cause you to shed tears?
indigo: colour of intuition, dignity and spiritual aspirations... the third eye
unbalanced third eye: judgemental, hypocrite
the pot: about hypocrisy

I stand strong to my opinions just like you inner eulogy, but if I am ever proven wrong I wont hold on to my old beliefs strongly, I will just let them go, and move on.

So lets hear your opinion.,...

Inner_Eulogy
07-09-2007, 09:38 AM
So it must be a weird coincidence eh?

first, Maynard says that they are weeping. what is shedding tears? and what about the lemon juice in the eye? notice how it says "eye" and not "eyes"? What the hell are they talking about if Tool isn't talking about the third eye here?

I guess the whole "indigo" part isn't such a dead give away that hes talking about the third eye especially after listening that someone was weeping (tears come from eyes)?

By the way (a little off topic), to anyone wondering, the indigo children are given the name "indigo" because they are supposedly associated with the third eye chakra. They also give off an indigo aura the most out of all auras... supposedly we all give off a specific aura the most. If yours is yellow you are associated with the navel chakra, if yours is green you are associated with the heart chakra, etc.. I personally don't know what to think of all of it. Like arent we all supposed to be equal here? Wouldn't it seem a bit unfair that you represent the root chakra and not the third eye or crown chakra? I dont know, I also dont really read too much on the indigo and crystal children so I may be missing something.

So back to this, the third eye has to do with judgment.... so the unbalanced third eye would mean that you are at risk of being a hypocrite and you would point the finger at others.

lets review:

weeping: when we weep, we shed tears and cry. Tears come from eyes.
lemon juice in your eye: wouldnt lemon juice in your eye cause you to shed tears?
indigo: colour of intuition, dignity and spiritual aspirations... the third eye
unbalanced third eye: judgemental, hypocrite
the pot: about hypocrisy

I stand strong to my opinions just like you inner eulogy, but if I am ever proven wrong I wont hold on to my old beliefs strongly, I will just let them go, and move on.

So lets hear your opinion.,...

Just because there's lemon juice in only one eye doesnt mean it's your 3rd eye for starters. Indigo is also JUST a color, doesn't have to be related to colors of the chakra. It can very easily just be as simple as what it says. I never said you were wrong, I stated I don't agree with your New Age thoughts on every single little aspect of Tool. And was arguing the point that you claimed YOUR OPINION to be fact or more accurate than others.

Cheesegreater
07-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Just because there's lemon juice in only one eye doesnt mean it's your 3rd eye for starters. Indigo is also JUST a color, doesn't have to be related to colors of the chakra. It can very easily just be as simple as what it says. I never said you were wrong, I stated I don't agree with your New Age thoughts on every single little aspect of Tool. And was arguing the point that you claimed YOUR OPINION to be fact or more accurate than others.

I agree with Inner here. I think you're going a bit far out on a limb moreso than usual with this one. I love your New Age ideas as well, but I don't see them as being applicable in all Tool songs. You're obviously very interested in your field of study. When you're especially interested in one facet of life like you are it's only natural to want to apply wherever you think it may fit. In this case, I disagree.

]v[edusa
07-09-2007, 11:43 PM
what new age thoughts? The 6th chakra is not new age. I never said it was fact, I was actually asking for your opinion on the indigo part becuase I was interested.

by the way, when I said "let me make this clear"; I meant it as "let me make this so that its easy for you to understand" not "this is the absolute right opinion, everyone listen to me now because this is the only right opinion".

Quit assuming that I think I have the absolute right opinion all the time.

Dammit.

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
what new age thoughts? The 6th chakra is not new age. I never said it was fact, I was actually asking for your opinion on the indigo part becuase I was interested.

by the way, when I said "let me make this clear"; I meant it as "let me make this so that its easy for you to understand" not "this is the absolute right opinion, everyone listen to me now because this is the only right opinion".

Quit assuming that I think I have the absolute right opinion all the time.

Dammit.

I beg to differ. If you are looking for a book on 3rd eyes and chakras...where will you find that book I ask?? The "NEW AGE" section. Hence my reference to it being new age.

]v[edusa
07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
I beg to differ. If you are looking for a book on 3rd eyes and chakras...where will you find that book I ask?? The "NEW AGE" section. Hence my reference to it being new age.

Sorry I thought new age only meant new spiritual movements in the past century. I guess you could consider it "new age" but chakras have been known far before there was a new age section. Known all over the world too, including the native americans.

and quit ignoring the fact that I asked you several times for your opinion on the line.

The Holy Gift
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong. second lets look at the line, then, as he sings it: now your weaping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

here is the assumptions we'll be using:
indigo is closely related to spirituality/power. (and how many stupid "miracles" have we seen of statues of mary and jesus weaping?)
lemon juice in the eye would force you to shed tears, as such is your eye's natural defense to foreign things.

so i feel, what hes saying, and ill be using the pronoun YOU as the universal you that he uses in the song:

you were "weaping tears" to claim power and spirituality, but the lemon juice in your eye forced to to shed those tears, so they arent sincere.

basically hes saying people that claim spirituality/power like false prophets, leaders of churches, heads of state, are all insincere in their claims.

thats how i view it, and it fits to me because this song is about hypocrisy.

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry I thought new age only meant new spiritual movements in the past century. I guess you could consider it "new age" but chakras have been known far before there was a new age section. Known all over the world too, including the native americans.

and quit ignoring the fact that I asked you several times for your opinion on the line.

I'm well aware that that these things have been known for a very long time. And I haven't set my sights yet upon any particular meaning as of yet to the line.

ahhnevermind
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
goodness, there's no reason to dig so deep here

this whole song is about a hypocritical individual whose hypocrisy is manifest through a grand facade of ingenuine concern. a 'kangaroo court' is a judicial proceeding when the decision has already been made - the judge/jury does not care about "justice" because they have shut their ears to the evidence, but they wear their robe and parade the witnesses as if they give a shit about justice.

the courtroom is the metaphor, a simple one. the classic image of this facade is the "weeping widow" on the stand - think zeta jones in 'chicago', you know you've seen it.

Cozened indigo - the woman claiming to have emotion on the stand while condemning the heartless defendant layers on blue (indigo) mascara so her fake tears (produced with lemon juice since there is no real emotion behind them) can be seen across the court room.

Cheesegreater
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's my take on the line.

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.

Inner_Eulogy
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM

this whole song is about a hypocritical individual whose hypocrisy is manifest through a grand facade of ingenuine concern. a 'kangaroo court' is a judicial proceeding when the decision has already been made - the judge/jury does not care about "justice" because they have shut their ears to the evidence, but they wear their robe and parade the witnesses as if they give a shit about justice.

the courtroom is the metaphor, a simple one. the classic image of this facade is the "weeping widow" on the stand - think zeta jones in 'chicago', you know you've seen it.

Cozened indigo - the woman claiming to have emotion on the stand while condemning the heartless defendant layers on blue (indigo) mascara so her fake tears (produced with lemon juice since there is no real emotion behind them) can be seen across the court room.

Much better than a cozened indigo chakra system crying out of the 3rd eye...hehe

Inner_Eulogy
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.

Agreed

]v[edusa
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Dammit, I hope you aren't talking about me. I'm so sick of people thinking that I'm thinking too deep on here. Don't people effortlessly think or effortlessly "think deep"? Ok, so what may seem so deep to you actually flows from my brain to the keyboard effortlessly. Pardon my honesty, but for the love of God quit it with all the "over analyzing"/"too deep thinking" bullshit!

yah exactly. That is exactly it.

The only thing I was attempt to do was explain the significance of the color indigo in the song. ~

Inner_Eulogy
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
The only thing I was attempt to do was explain the significance of the color indigo in the song. ~

You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song. Which again, I think I speak for a few here in saying that we disagree it has ANYthing to do with your chakra or 3rd eye OPINION. Hence all the comments about you thinking to deep about it, perhaps a better way of what I'm sure they meant to say was that your idea/theory of chakras and whatnot are a little off course. On Lateralus pr perhaps Aenima, I might at least consider it being something semi-related to that...not this album.

parables in the world
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong.

I agree with you about the "official" lyrics...Listen to the song...all the clues are their. Trust your ears. Can you listen?

I think this song is about hypocrisy. I see each stanza as a diff. form of hypocrisy.

]v[edusa
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song.

You know if you read correctly I said I was attempting to explain the significance. So in other words, I just said that it was my opinion. Let people speak for themselves.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2007, 09:45 AM
You know if you read correctly I said I was attempting to explain the significance. So in other words, I just said that it was my opinion. Let people speak for themselves.

Well maybe you should be out in the mountaintops meditating instead posting in threads on the computer...isn't technology the very thing that dampers our enlightenment anyways?

]v[edusa
07-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Well maybe you should be out in the mountaintops meditating instead posting in threads on the computer...isn't technology the very thing that dampers our enlightenment anyways?

Ooohhh what a comeback. Now you are just trying to defend yourself by attempting to make me look lower then you. Why the fuck are you even trying to fight with me about this? All I did was state my opinion. You disagreed so I asked why you disagreed. It does annoy me quite a bit when someone comes in with their nose high in the air saying that they disagree with something without attempting to prove me wrong or prove that they have a better explanation.

By the way I have pretty good reasons for being on these forums/on the internet. I don't get the pleasure to have certain conversations that I have on here in real life. So I communicate with certain people on here about certain topics. There is nothing fake about communicating with people.

At least I don't come on here just to disagree with everyone on here, be an ignorant asshole, and be egoistic, while everyone replies to what I am saying to the back of my head; because then I would be truly wasting my time and actually be dampening my enlightenment.

Pardon me for being ignorant and being a hypocrite, but it seems to be the only way to reflect who you truly are on these forums.

paraflux
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
remember to attack the idea, not the person

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Ooohhh what a comeback. Now you are just trying to defend yourself by attempting to make me look lower then you. Why the fuck are you even trying to fight with me about this? All I did was state my opinion. You disagreed so I asked why you disagreed. It does annoy me quite a bit when someone comes in with their nose high in the air saying that they disagree with something without attempting to prove me wrong or prove that they have a better explanation.

By the way I have pretty good reasons for being on these forums/on the internet. I don't get the pleasure to have certain conversations that I have on here in real life. So I communicate with certain people on here about certain topics. There is nothing fake about communicating with people.

At least I don't come on here just to disagree with everyone on here, be an ignorant asshole, and be egoistic, while everyone replies to what I am saying to the back of my head; because then I would be truly wasting my time and actually be dampening my enlightenment.

Pardon me for being ignorant and being a hypocrite, but it seems to be the only way to reflect who you truly are on these forums.

I'm not completely egotistical...as a matter fact you should go the to thread under Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels if you think I don't have a soft spot. And you're right, I was being an ass and I apoligize. I've been under tremendous stress and depression lately, that thread may offer an insight

]v[edusa
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm not completely egotistical...as a matter fact you should go the to thread under Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels if you think I don't have a soft spot. And you're right, I was being an ass and I apoligize. I've been under tremendous stress and depression lately, that thread may offer an insight

well no... I know you have a soft spot in you. We all have our days, just try to not take it out on us so much. I try my best on here to be honest though, even about the dark things, so don't totally ignore the dark things that I have said about you because they can help you grow. Just cure the scars within yourself so that your self-hate doesn't continue turning to hating on others. That probably sounds cheesy, sorry.

ronstancil
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I lurked enough to form an opinion. This song is ONLY about Marijuana, and the hypocrites who call those who imbibe "druggies" while drinking themselves into oblivion with Scotch/Gin/Whiskey/Wine/Whatever in front of the ball game on the TV. Throw in a few references to lying lawyers, Kangaroo courts, and throwing stones at glass houses, and you've got a classic Tool song.

Save your shady inference!
Think for yourself!
My opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Inner_Eulogy
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I lurked enough to form an opinion. This song is ONLY about Marijuana, and the hypocrites who call those who imbibe "druggies" while drinking themselves into oblivion with Scotch/Gin/Whiskey/Wine/Whatever in front of the ball game on the TV. Throw in a few references to lying lawyers, Kangaroo courts, and throwing stones at glass houses, and you've got a classic Tool song.

Save your shady inference!
Think for yourself!
My opinion and I'm sticking to it!

You're a complete idiot

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Look^^^ I rest my case. Everyone has freedom of speech. I guess this guy is the enforcer of this forum.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
well no... I know you have a soft spot in you. We all have our days, just try to not take it out on us so much. I try my best on here to be honest though, even about the dark things, so don't totally ignore the dark things that I have said about you because they can help you grow. Just cure the scars within yourself so that your self-hate doesn't continue turning to hating on others. That probably sounds cheesy, sorry.

A person seeing right through Inner_Eulogy..well that makes two of us. Crucify the Ego man. We are trying to help you. Please try and listen than you will be able to GROW as a person. I honestly hope lllvllledusa's post and mine help you. Learn to control your anger inside and transform the energy into something positive.

P.S. Inner I have been depressed for a long time and I feel your pain. It hurts but you gotta stay strong and work through it. Peace.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
He's consistent, he treats everyone the same, he's funny, and he's kind of just yanking your chain.

It's not hurting anyone to have a skeptic around who can at least notify us of it when we're heading towards crystal-rainbow land.

EDIT: And if you say anything else about "crucifying the ego," I'm going to crucify my brain with a pair of scissors.

Agreed but listening to TOOL's music has actually helped me to NOT have aggression toward people who make stupid comments or what have you. Obviously he might be going through difficult times right now but we all are. I just hope he sees the light. I also will be the first to admit i love to break peoples balls and joke around with them but i dont do it in a manner he does. He needs to learn to control his anger. I am sure he will come around. Peace.

P.S. Crucify your ego. Shit I am sorry leefnaspleaf I didnt mean to type that. Please dont bleed your brain I will be highly upset.

Inner_Eulogy
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
EDIT: And if you say anything else about "crucifying the ego," I'm going to crucify my brain with a pair of scissors.

lol, I know...I've heard the crucify my ego thrown at me multiple times already.

You think you people could possibly come up with something original? Or are you going to constantly quote Maynard in everything you do and say the rest of your lives. It's so lame. And by the way, I'm only an ignorant asshole when I'm right, figure that one out. I'm stubborn and I am solid in my version of the truth, if you don't like it, sorry. If I'm calling you out and telling you something's fucking lame in more ways than one, I'm probably right, or at least in my mind I am and that's good enough for me. It's not about me having an ego, I just have a slight hatred for people that lack common sense. Again, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Tool_Is_Sick, weren't you the one talking about quit crying and people being pussies? Get over it or call someone that cares to hear you whine about it.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
lol, I know...I've heard the crucify my ego thrown at me multiple times already.

You think you people could possibly come up with something original? Or are you going to constantly quote Maynard in everything you do and say the rest of your lives. It's so lame. And by the way, I'm only an ignorant asshole when I'm right, figure that one out. I'm stubborn and I am solid in my version of the truth, if you don't like it, sorry. If I'm calling you out and telling you something's fucking lame in more ways than one, I'm probably right, or at least in my mind I am and that's good enough for me. It's not about me having an ego, I just have a slight hatred for people that lack common sense. Again, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Tool_Is_Sick, weren't you the one talking about quit crying and people being pussies? Get over it or call someone that cares to hear you whine about it.

lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.

Inner_Eulogy
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.

Well, just like me...you have your opinion. And for once I will use a quote "the only thing you know about me is what I've sold ya', dumbfuck". I have much love for all mankind and I'm also a very sweet and caring person, but I also have a perpensity towards idiots and those lacking what I think of as common sense. I don't care what you think of me, nor anyone else for that matter. The few people that have gotten to know me on this site well know my heart, but that's for you to find or ignore. I'll be anybody's best friend but I'm also not the one to cross. As I've said somewhere before..I'm a perfectly balanced contradiction

Tool_Is_Sick
09-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, just like me...you have your opinion. And for once I will use a quote "the only thing you know about me is what I've sold ya', dumbfuck". I have much love for all mankind and I'm also a very sweet and caring person, but I also have a perpensity towards idiots and those lacking what I think of as common sense. I don't care what you think of me, nor anyone else for that matter. The few people that have gotten to know me on this site well know my heart, but that's for you to find or ignore. I'll be anybody's best friend but I'm also not the one to cross. As I've said somewhere before..I'm a perfectly balanced contradiction

Dude, I am going to be honest with you. I am just as you. I feel EXACTLY the way you feel toward the world and everyone in it. The reason why i am this way is because i have excountered many idiots in my life time, and they have drove me mad. I am only 22 and i am sure i will encounter many more. I just get tired of living in a world were everyone is so serious. The orginal post toward you was simply a joke but obviously you took it the wrong way and i apoligize. I just wish everyone in this world would joke around but also know when to be serious. But its either your (not you, I mean in general) a dumbass (The Joker) or your serious (The Asshole) Very rarely do you find someone in between but there is a time and a place for everything. People, in my opinion, should merge the two traits. But thats just me. And I would honestly like to get to know your (heart side) because i feel your a smart individual with a little aggression but its cool because like i said I am the same way. Also i want you to maybe eventually help me to understand TOOL better because these guys are insanely difficult to understand at times. Peace dude.

P.S. I dont wanna do drugs with you to understand them.

Inner_Eulogy
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Dude, I am going to be honest with you. I am just as you. I feel EXACTLY the way you feel toward the world and everyone in it. The reason why i am this way is because i have excountered many idiots in my life time, and they have drove me mad. I am only 22 and i am sure i will encounter many more. I just get tired of living in a world were everyone is so serious. The orginal post toward you was simply a joke but obviously you took it the wrong way and i apoligize. I just wish everyone in this world would joke around but also know when to be serious. But its either your (not you, I mean in general) a dumbass (The Joker) or your serious (The Asshole) Very rarely do you find someone in between but there is a time and a place for everything. People, in my opinion, should merge the two traits. But thats just me. And I would honestly like to get to know your (heart side) because i feel your a smart individual with a little aggression but its cool because like i said I am the same way. Also i want you to maybe eventually help me to understand TOOL better because these guys are insanely difficult to understand at times. Peace dude.

P.S. I dont wanna do drugs with you to understand them.

Well thank you for sharing that. If you really want to see the softer side of me, you should read the whole thread in Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels. And as I said before, I don't know everything but I've got a pretty damn good idea and any opinions I have on any of the songs I'd be happy to share with you.

Tool_Is_Sick
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Well thank you for sharing that. If you really want to see the softer side of me, you should read the whole thread in Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels. And as I said before, I don't know everything but I've got a pretty damn good idea and any opinions I have on any of the songs I'd be happy to share with you.

I guess i have some reading to do bro. I'll keep you posted if I have any question that need answering.

sicness
11-18-2007, 06:34 PM

this is the most on to it post ive read in this forum so far. and has anyone wondered about maynard referring to the "indigo children" as the "innocent ones" on V is for Vagina.

also, seeing as you mentioned ayahuasca, has anyone considered the possibility that maynard is referring to pot smokers as eyeball deep in muddy waters, saying that pot offeres a cloudy, muddy spiritual vision and that if you think you get high off pot, try a healthy dose of DMT ...... this album is riddled with DMT references

Inner_Eulogy
11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
this is the most on to it post ive read in this forum so far. and has anyone wondered about maynard referring to the "indigo children" as the "innocent ones" on V is for Vagina.

also, seeing as you mentioned ayahuasca, has anyone considered the possibility that maynard is referring to pot smokers as eyeball deep in muddy waters, saying that pot offeres a cloudy, muddy spiritual vision and that if you think you get high off pot, try a healthy dose of DMT ...... this album is riddled with DMT references

I don't think I buy it but, I can be reasonable enough not to rule this idea out.

Trillion33
12-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Rockefeller's have fatty fingers, do drugs and call 'us' reprehensible. The references are broad and it's up to us to decide how the future of this world is played out. Indigo's relation to the third eye is evident through consumption of various plants, mostly sage. Naturally, indigo can be seen to represent that chakra, through spiritualistic means. Reflections of ourselves we are. Coincidences are opportunities to seek and to learn and grow.

As for cozened indigo, maybe elites, power brokers, royalty, world leaders, serpentines, are manipulating through extra-dimensions to distort 'our' reality because they perceive this to be the only means to achieve a misguided plot to maintain their dystopia. In reality we fear and hate, which becomes us; instead of loving and changing the world into only the most awesome of experiences. But .... it's all up to interpretations.. Knowledge is the creator. Think about it, for yourself.

Inner_Eulogy
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Rockefeller's have fatty fingers, do drugs and call 'us' reprehensible. The references are broad and it's up to us to decide how the future of this world is played out. Indigo's relation to the third eye is evident through consumption of various plants, mostly sage. Naturally, indigo can be seen to represent that chakra, through spiritualistic means. Reflections of ourselves we are. Coincidences are opportunities to seek and to learn and grow.

As for cozened indigo, maybe elites, power brokers, royalty, world leaders, serpentines, are manipulating through extra-dimensions to distort 'our' reality because they perceive this to be the only means to achieve a misguided plot to maintain their dystopia. In reality we fear and hate, which becomes us; instead of loving and changing the world into only the most awesome of experiences. But .... it's all up to interpretations.. Knowledge is the creator. Think about it, for yourself.

LMAO, I think you've one too many a hallucinogen

AJ_JC_MJ-K_DC
12-29-2007, 06:04 PM
If you look at the visuals on a live set, cozened indigo becomes very clear. You would be suprised at what knowledge their shows have to offer. Later.

Inner_Eulogy
01-02-2008, 12:22 PM
If you look at the visuals on a live set, cozened indigo becomes very clear. You would be suprised at what knowledge their shows have to offer. Later.

Thanks for sharing great master of knowledge

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM

LoL wut a mysterious post that will leave me thinking for a decade....

-Right In Two-
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Thats pretty much on track considering the title is The Pot, a reference to the saying "pot calling the kettle black"... the whole point the finger at others...

paramātmā
07-03-2010, 05:20 AM
perhaps.

are you female?

what's your cup size?

do you like doggie?

Yes.

B.

too much.

deal?

paramātmā
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
it means faulty or synthesized reaction to the metaphysical body, by means of entheogens.
or awareness of Self, through trying to escape the Self, then facing the Ego, and realizing your foundations aren't from a place of truth or feeling, but trying to not feel, and excess. a transcendental, cannot lleave his house because he no longer relates to the world, the drug has coped for him, and only sees through his unclear peep hole. a hypocrite, saying the world is excessive, but could not wake up without being high to soothe his own conflict.
lemon juice is the ego, we squint at the bitterness, cannot take our true selves, and form ideals against the things that try to limit or regulate the coping methods. the pot (or ourselves as the drug), calling the kettle black. claiming to see through everything, while looking through muddy water. I also think that raising the dead, and robbign the grave, refers to stealing ideals or paradigms from deceased minds, famous archetypes and quotes and predisposed ideas, calling it your own to avoid forming original thoughts. then burning the evidence, is smoking more drugs, and forgetting all of these amazing borrowed revelations, and possible seeds for original ones.
"kangaroo court" is used to describe judicial proceedings that deny due process rights in the name of expediency. Such rights include the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate" -this suggests, your ideas are formed prematurely because you think you now know everything. that youur eye is open and you have room to judge, without truly examining yourself, sober, and connected.
"steal, borrow, refer, shady inference", everyone gets high and bullshits stories and ideas and experiences that they have not actually experienced for being too damn numb.
it's about the hierarchy of pretending we see through eachother, while sitting in a cloud of smoke. like. "here's an original idea" *pisses on* "let me give you a quote buddha once said, referring to what trying to say" "but no, this is my idea" "but, no, it was his" "well.. where's your's, then? asshole".

in my opinion. and experience around entheogen-users and self-proclaimed philosophers and psychologists.

...in my hypocritical opinion...

paramātmā
07-03-2010, 06:51 AM
indigo also refers to the deep purple (lol) Royal colour,
and the crown chakra.
as in, assuming we have power over our perception or other people because we have the most things to refer to, but no original ideas from the True Self.
never crying out of empathy, only disdain for not being able to truly see through that eye you got your ego all up in.
you're choosing (yes, distinctly, chosen) indigo as your paradigm, forceful aura, trying to use your divinity as a personality. but your ego shows through yellow like a lemon, sour, and shallow, that you're selective, and bitter that you cannot see, also, calling others down... as it seems alot of people do, about eachther's understanding of this line.

tryptosaur
07-07-2010, 01:25 PM
First Blood.
Sorry, I lost my psychic powers and still haven't found them. I'm offering a giant $40 reward to whoever can return them to me and promise to not use any.
Since I owe you the Trautman award already we can just call it even as long as you bring me my powers back (AND it's OK to use them. If you find any dead bodies for the police or deliver any messages from someone's dead relative be sure to mention me at no additional cost.)

Greenrent
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, njm
Yes I think it is true

oxpocket
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I think you're all nuts...

Indigo... Rare and not used much at all anymore... Cozened indigo = synthetic blue dye. One of the most popular eye make up colors = Blue which is made using synthetic indigo colored dye.

When a woman crys with too much eye make up on it runs... One may use lemon juice to aid in the act of fake crying. lemon juice looks like piss. Pot/Black kettle... Fake tears aren't fooling anyone and if you think so you must be high.

It can't be that easy can it?

If everything has a hidden meaning to figure out then explain Hooker With A Penis... And please continue to use wikipedia as your main point of referance adding a word in here and there to make it look as if it came from your own thoughts.

Yours truly,
Tammy Faye Baker

frater H
05-02-2012, 06:48 AM
v. cozˇened, cozˇenˇing, cozˇens
v.tr.
1. To mislead by means of a petty trick or fraud; deceive.
2. To persuade or induce to do something by cajoling or wheedling.
3. To obtain by deceit or persuasion.
v.intr.
To act deceitfully.

kobecoomans
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
On a personal note: The only time I can reccollect ever putting LEMON JUICE into a POT was when I cooked up a batch of ayahuasca. Maynard could even be hinting at a possible solution to this problem

I think i freakin love u man :D

durgadas
09-03-2014, 02:47 PM
From the 'Official Lyrics Release' Thread

Jimmeny, your post made me think of Soma. In Hinduism, it is said that Soma drips down from the pineal gland each day which gives us another day of life.