PDA

View Full Version : Who musta been high?

phatfela1
09-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Is he saying that the government (all those politicians who have the final say in putting these laws together) gets high? so they are hypocritic?

those old men in suits get high?

or is he maybe saying that they must be high in another sense. high on power maybe.

also..."fatty" fingers. that's gotta be such a specific reference that we must be able to figure out. but i'm not sure

Terry21
09-24-2006, 02:03 AM
A person like in Hooker With A Penis. Not the same story, just the same effect, no government or industry IMO.

iAMtheMA!
09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
"mighty" made so much more sense to me (in the initial interpretations i had running). figure that you're completely under water (or, in this case, mud), and the only thing you're able to keep above is one of your fingers...

"who are you to wave your finger?"
then "eyehole deep in muddy waters"

are you waving your finger underneath, in the muddy waters?
or is our finger the only thing maynard sees clearly (from above the mess we're in)???

but fatty? fat americans? i dun know about this one yet.
a curve-ball, it would seem.

27 Years
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
A person like in Hooker With A Penis. Not the same story, just the same effect, no government or industry IMO.

Agreed.

toolgeek
11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
"mighty" made so much more sense to me (in the initial interpretations i had running). figure that you're completely under water (or, in this case, mud), and the only thing you're able to keep above is one of your fingers...

"who are you to wave your finger?"
then "eyehole deep in muddy waters"

are you waving your finger underneath, in the muddy waters?
or is our finger the only thing maynard sees clearly (from above the mess we're in)???

but fatty? fat americans? i dun know about this one yet.
a curve-ball, it would seem.

Fatty? The Pot? Refer, save your shady inference? you musta been high?

Just word choice. Of course Fatty has other meanings connected to pot, so naturally that's the word choice maynard made for this particular song.

base metal
11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
I think of it as anyone who is acting a fool in general. Could be the government, your neighbors, your gf or wife, a stranger you have a run in with...anyone.

Pot
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I thought maybe he was talking about Rush Limbaugh, but I found out he was never a lawyer.

I am also convinced that there must be some specific person he is referring to.

c1one
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
IMHO, this is (all|none|any one} of us. Obviously the lyrics to this song are variations of expressions for referencing stupidity. You, me whoever. Even though its not the official lyric, I still love "foot in mouth & head up asshole what you talkin 'bout." In other words, I musta been high....

parables in the world
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I thought maybe he was talking about Rush Limbaugh, but I found out he was never a lawyer.

I am also convinced that there must be some specific person he is referring to.

you do know "Liar, Lawyer, Mirror show me whats the difference" bascially is saying whats the diff.between a liar and a lawyer they both are the same...

I believe this song is about the court systems decisions...They are high on drugs, power and money...