PDA

View Full Version : This song is about the meaning of life

Solaris
09-23-2006, 05:23 AM
I finally found sense in the Third eye lyrics: The song is about the meaning of life.

Let's look at it:

The Intro: I think it's only saying that many people are trying to find a meaning in their stupid lives and take drugs.

1.: "Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes. On my back and tumbeling down that hole and back again rising up and wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye."

The protagonist of the song dreams the same weird dream again and again and tries to open his third eye and find the meaning of the dream with it's help.

2.: "A child rhyme stuck in my head. It said that life is but a dream. Spent so many years in question. To find I've known this all along"

Instead of finding the meaning of his dream, he recognizes that life itself is just a meaningless dream.

3.: "So good to see you, I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running?"

He doesn't dream of the face anymore (His dream is running away) and so he tries to find a meaning for life in something other.

4.: "Shrouding all the ground around me is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been. I do not recognize the vessel but the eyes seem so familiar like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song."

He now tries to find meaning in religion (the holy crow). But the "black holes" within his memory penetrate his mind and so he recognizes that the meaning of life isn't in religion. He gets out of religion and tries to find his lost memory and get back his dream.

5.: "So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running away? Prying open my third eye."

He finally finds his lost memory and tries again to open his third eye.

6.: "So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding. You thought that I had run away chasing the tail of dogma. I've opened my eye and there we were. So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding from me. You thought that I had run away, chasing a trail of smoke and reason. Prying open my third eye."

He's happy to dream of the face again and tries to find the meaning in the dream again instead of religion.

That's my opinion. For me, the message of the song is clear: Find the meaning of life for yourself and don't let anyone other tell you how to find it.

Slicendice
09-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Nice post, definitely some good points. I shall be sure to ponder this for a while. thanks!

TEST
10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
on some places you have a point,on some places you don't...but any way...
THAT'S ONE GOOD SONG...MY FAVORITE TO SAY A LEAST!

Stranger
10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much.
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?"

I was tripping acid one night and this part of the song really fucked with my head. I took it as being seperated from one's ego.

"So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason."

OR... Someone who has gone temporarily insane (or injested acid) and is reunited with thier sanity (sobered up from a trip).

insideyourmind
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
there are relavent points made, but my person opinion is he is tripping on mescaline and is talking about it and bringing what he see's into life. read this to find out about the crazy shit you see on mescaline http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2172149/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

TEST
11-11-2006, 08:42 AM
TRIPIN'?

PShepherd11
12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
The original post makes sense in some ways, so I'm glad to see that some people don't think this song has to do with drugs.

opiated
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
"I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug."

ThirdEyeSeed
01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
"I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug."

DO you know where that quote came from? I'm looking . . . But suck at it.

And, while I'm in this thread, I don't agree. (:P) My thoughts are in the thread I made. I'm almost positive this song is a result of a spiritual (mind-opening) trip on some psychedelic.