PDA

View Full Version : Riley Martin

Pagoda
09-22-2006, 05:19 AM
http://thecomingoftan.com/riley/riley~withbirds.jpg

In reference to "Uncle Martin" from the lyrics, it crossed my mind that the inspiration for this song could be Riley Martin, author of the book "The Coming of Tan." Martin, as he claims, was taken aboard a mothership when he was young (and heavily into drugs) and given the details of the end times, exactly when they will come and information on how to survive them. However, Martin's inaccuracies are regularly exposed on his Sirius Satellite Radio show "Hello Earth!" when people call up talking gibberish--much of it relating to Howard Stern inside jokes--and Riley goes into detail about exactly what they mean and what type of aliens have that speech. His incompetence in times like these further put Riley on the border of self parody, very much similar to the character in "Rosetta Stoned." "Uncle Martin" could be a reference to Riley Martin.

His website is www.thecomingoftan.com

Flame away.

iAMtheMA!
09-22-2006, 07:35 PM
i'd love to soak this in, alas i've gotta other stuff to do. but that is a very interesting find, i'll make sure to delve deeper soon enough. i'm just replying because you obviously went to the effort, so... letting you know that people have seen this (well, at least i have, heh).

Pagoda
09-23-2006, 01:35 AM
i'd love to soak this in, alas i've gotta other stuff to do. but that is a very interesting find, i'll make sure to delve deeper soon enough. i'm just replying because you obviously went to the effort, so... letting you know that people have seen this (well, at least i have, heh).

Haha thanks.

iAMtheMA!
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
"regularly exposed on his Sirius Satellite Radio show "Hello Earth!""

^ wow. we have a winner! ...holy fuckin' shit!

see, in the grand scheme of toology (not the shit dvd, mind you), there is a certain star system out there that we've a special connection to which includes stars sirius A and sirius B (that's why i knew i'd comment on this one, man). B actually circulates with A (spiralling in a movement similar to our dna) at a rotation of approx. 50 years (this calculation was found by a very primative society called the dogon tribe, 700 years ago, and without proper earthly-made devices or instrumentation to witness this - apparently, they were given a run-down of human's existence). they, and other sources, claim that those from the star sirius are our father figures (so to speak). so, when maynard sings about mom comin' 'round again, that's a whole 'nother planetary orbit (nibiru's). so, the life from sirius + the life from nibiru = the human beings of earth (our solar system), their child. considering all of this, it's kinda funny to me that the SIRIUS broadcast is called "hello earth". i love it.

Pagoda
09-26-2006, 10:37 AM
ok then!

buster hymen
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
The Skreeed!!!! and bababooey to you all. Riley is the best. I love when he comes up with bullshit interpretations for jibberish.

iAMtheMA!
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
i am actually sharing information you'd hafta otherwise spend $25 for. so, whatever... these sorta books are on the recommended reading list for a reason. (probably have something to do with their messeges)

i do recommend you (all) read from the recommended reading list.

you'll be all like "holy shit, this makes soo much fuckin' sense now!"
(after every page) try it. :)

Useful)(Idiot
09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
i love this guy, he cracks me up, it's one of the things you just can't stop listening to. excellent observation though, i'm impressed.

Pagoda
09-30-2006, 05:09 PM
i love this guy, he cracks me up, it's one of the things you just can't stop listening to. excellent observation though, i'm impressed.

Yeah, he's great. He's a walking book of quotes. I do think the similarities between the song and his story are strong, though it's just a theory and I could definitely be wrong.

nathan
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM

see, in the grand scheme of toology (not the shit dvd, mind you), there is a certain star system out there that we've a special connection to which includes stars sirius A and sirius B (that's why i knew i'd comment on this one, man). B actually circulates with A (spiralling in a movement similar to our dna) at a rotation of approx. 50 years (this calculation was found by a very primative society called the dogon tribe, 700 years ago, and without proper earthly-made devices or instrumentation to witness this - apparently, they were given a run-down of human's existence). they, and other sources, claim that those from the star sirius are our father figures (so to speak). so, when maynard sings about mom comin' 'round again, that's a whole 'nother planetary orbit (nibiru's). so, the life from sirius + the life from nibiru = the human beings of earth (our solar system), their child. considering all of this, it's kinda funny to me that the SIRIUS broadcast is called "hello earth". i love it.

Not that I entirely disagree with you, but I don't necessarily know that I'd use a list of TOOL recommended books to make theories on. I mean haven't they proven before that they intentionally mislead people (i'm thinking the whole crying therapy thing here). In this case, I realize that the book exists, but haven't you grown weary on taking tool's advice, especially when they specifically tell you something to check out?

but i forgot my pen...shit the bed again...typical.

Useful)(Idiot
09-30-2006, 09:52 PM
is he still on the air, i remember last i heard he was pissed cuz howard stern didn't want to up his pay to stay on with his radio show. says alot for his intentions.

Useful)(Idiot
09-30-2006, 09:53 PM

that gave me a headache, and a stomach ache for some reason, think i'll go take some tums.