PDA

View Full Version : Pre concert hum

G-FORCE
11-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the "hum" that is used before the concerts?

CrazyJoeDevola
11-26-2002, 09:43 AM
Yeah, on the forthcoming DVD.

okkoto
11-27-2002, 12:34 PM
good answer.

johnave
12-03-2002, 05:59 AM
the sound at the beginning of the concert sounds remarkably close to an aboriginal digiredoo (spelling?) combined with the chant heard in "dead poets society". watch the movie and try to recall the beginning of the concert. If this is true then i would think it very clever of the band since alot of the movies themes parallel their latest album (i.e. carpe diem).

G-FORCE
12-06-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by johnave
the sound at the beginning of the concert sounds remarkably close to an aboriginal digiredoo (spelling?) combined with the chant heard in "dead poets society". watch the movie and try to recall the beginning of the concert. If this is true then i would think it very clever of the band since alot of the movies themes parallel their latest album (i.e. carpe diem).

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Chris_Brightwell
12-06-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by G-FORCE
Does anyone know where I can find the "hum" that is used before the concerts? If you're talking about what they play right after the lights go down, that's something called Tuvan throat singing. CDNOW had some CDs of it on their site (I'm not sure if they still do) and a search for "TUVA" on the KaZaA network should get what you're looking for.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator