PDA

View Full Version : the peak

deftoolsys07
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
yeah. . . well not much to discuss, just thought i'd share what i think when i hear the part from about 6:50 - 7:00, if you think the song's about an acid trip or whatever the hell, i always think of that part as the peak. maynards mumblin shit and that part just sounds orgasmic in my opinion. but uhh... yeah... just thought i'd share some useless shit.

iAMtheMA!
09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
i actually agree to this (even though no one else cares to theorize). this is nothing new to my experiences of certain tool songs, though. infact, "third eye" sets you up perfectly for boomin'. not only that, but, since we "feel oneness" (trippin' on shrooms), tool tries to teach us how to remember and utilize our prana ("in, out" yeah yeah, but i especially get this feeling at 7:12. breathe along with it! it lingers and falls, comes up again, falls, and repeates). now "disposition" is VERY specific when it comes to breathing! i mean, you can hear someone doing it. that's a definite meditation tool.

yeah, "prana", if you don't know what this is, figure it out (google, wiki, etc).

and specific to THIS song, maynard told us to believe that he "can't breathe right now". is he actually able to remember and use his prana?! if it's true, and he doesn't breathe the way you or i do, then this is proof/evidence to most everything else tool has ever written (second to "judith marie"). it would explains so much if he is able to use prana, 'cause they perform this tune nightly. think about it. THIS SONG IS A FUCKIN ENDURANCE RUN! no one had to tell you that, especially not in caps, but hey. you know this, i know this. how the hell does he perform this one without gasping for air all the time?!

ummmmm...seriously....
this should be the number one query within the tool community, me thinks...