PDA

View Full Version : Cutting right angle donuts

reordian
09-20-2006, 03:46 AM
I was wondering about this line:
"Cutting right angle donuts on a dime"

Anyone figured out what this is meant to say? If so, I'm sorry, haven't found it in the other threads.

I was wondering, because, from the context it appears that this is a reference to some kind of weird flight maneuvers that the stealth banana vessel made before it stopped at the dewd's Birkenstocks.

reordian
09-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Al"rah, appologies for this thread, this is turning out to be a waste of forum space. But as a non-native English speaker I was unfamiliar with these references and expressions..

Did some google work and here's the outcome for the donut maneuver:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doughnut_(driving)

Also, google revealed the expressions "turn on a dime" and "stop on a dime" which apparently mean to turn/stop instantly or on a single spot.

So for all those who - like myself - were unable to make head or tail out of this, this lyric says:
the banana vessel was performing fast rectangular spinning motions on a spot and then stopped at my feet.

Terry21
09-20-2006, 07:35 AM
No, his donuts (Krispy Kremes) stopped at his feet. ;) But I would like to know how this is gramatically meant.

iAMtheMA!
09-20-2006, 09:23 PM
these vessels are traveling to alternate dimensions via a 90-degree movement which transfers a being from one dimensional overtone to the next. they are "on a dime", i.e. immediate (duh). to start you off, see: the philedelphia experiment (i hope it doesn't hurt your head too much...)

edit: too many "move-" words (switched to "transfers"). pax!