PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Kissed

EssnayRepXTamEt
09-18-2006, 04:42 PM
If this has been posted already, I apologize in advance...

The "sun kissed" lyric always confused me, as I thought it was Sunkist. I had no idea what Maynard was talking about, until about 5 minutes about. I went on thespark.com and saw a book entitled, "Sun-Kissed." Apparently, it's and "SAT Vocabulary Series" which makes perfect sense, as Maynard says: "Sun-Kissed and sudafed won't help. I'm brain dead." So yeah, this all makes perfect sense to me now.

Hopefully this wasn't already posted, or I'm falling behind here...

Interesting though, don't ya think?

MetaAsmo
09-18-2006, 05:36 PM

The "sun kissed" lyric always confused me, as I thought it was Sunkist. I had no idea what Maynard was talking about, until about 5 minutes about. I went on thespark.com and saw a book entitled, "Sun-Kissed." Apparently, it's and "SAT Vocabulary Series" which makes perfect sense, as Maynard says: "Sun-Kissed and sudafed won't help. I'm brain dead." So yeah, this all makes perfect sense to me now.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Sunkist Oranges, Vitamin C is well known for bringing you down from trips.

EssnayRepXTamEt
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
It's not Sunkist though.

It's Sun Kissed.

Emericana
09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he's referring to Sunkist Oranges, Vitamin C is well known for bringing you down from trips.

no. no it is not

OUTATIME
09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Orange juice is said to accelerate some drug trips. Not bring you down.

couldbe
09-18-2006, 10:53 PM
i'm sure he's going with the offical lyrics for a reason...but anyway when you get kissed by the sun you have a sunburn, that's my best guess

OUTATIME
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I would say that the sun burn theory is the most reasonable.

duncang
09-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Sunkist is a kind of popcorn in the UK...

Airport Mesa
09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
to me sun-kissed is a reference to being on a drug, lsd, etc..

OUTATIME
09-19-2006, 03:24 PM

very possible as well.

hushypushy
09-19-2006, 04:41 PM

i havent heard this before, and yeah it is interesting. the more crap the merrier. Maynard loves to throw in those extra meanings...

i always thought of that feeling when you sit in the sun...nice and warm...sun kissed?

iAMtheMA!
09-20-2006, 11:05 PM
apparently, we were "kissed" by the sun in 1972.
we should've all died, but something saved us.
now? and because of this very special experiement
we're the center of attention for the entire galaxy.

^ i wish i can be more confident here, alas...

preciousbookwhore
09-22-2006, 05:45 AM
I think it's probably the sun burned theory, because remember he was outside of Area 51 at the begining of the song.
That's the middle of the desert and on top of being there he's also doing some sort of hallucinogen.
And heat has been known to drive people mad.
So maybe it's a combo of the two?

kangaroo
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Try this...Think of the words as verbs instead of nouns. Sunkissed and Sudafed. Gyroscoped and infrared. Might describe how he felt after being prodded or what-ever on the spaceship.

benjamin
10-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Orange juice is said to accelerate some drug trips. Not bring you down.

Vitamin C helps you deal w/ side affects and aftermath of bodily ingestion of said drugs...learned through experience.

Gotta go w/ the burned theory here, not a typo, "sun kissed"

Terry21
10-19-2006, 01:05 AM
I didn't get the first post. Where was your "perfect sense"? 'I just read sun kissed and it made perfect sense'. Sense with what?

Sun-kissed and pseudo-fed.

eleven_waiting
12-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Reference to Methamphetamine...

Making Meth from Sudafed pills you use Iodine and Red Phosphourus and the chemical reaction is a sunburst color.

Also the chemical structures of both Meth and LSD allow them to combine easily and crank up the effects of each other...

But then again, I said this back in May but obviously no one noticed! lol :P

Eulogy15
12-23-2006, 08:29 AM
And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning.

Sunkist or sun kissed w/e is just the name of the brand of orange slices i think..maybe its used to enhance the drug experience..i wouldnt kno

Khastra_KSC
12-23-2006, 09:09 AM

there is an alex grey painting all about that

Forever In Debt
12-23-2006, 09:27 AM
there is an alex grey painting all about that

Could you send a link... if there is one?

MORNING_GLORY
12-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Try this...Think of the words as verbs instead of nouns. Sunkissed and Sudafed. Gyroscoped and infrared. Might describe how he felt after being prodded or what-ever on the spaceship.

Wow... I never really thought about it in that sense. Thanks

ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Yea I think its the orange juice, cause people used to tell me that shit all the time, that when your trippin your body is draining all these vitamins or some shit and if you drink OJ it replenishes them and therefore you will trip longer. I never really found any truth to this nod cause I mean how could you, how do you know if it was the OJ that made you trip that last 3 hours or was it just the L. Its hard to say, my guess would be it was just the L most of the time :D

slamminsalmon
12-24-2006, 09:38 AM
its not so much a energizing thing, i put it along the lines of a blow up while your on e. You drink the oj, and your hyper-sensitive body can feel the acidic juice going everywhere inside you. It blows your mind.

and i like the sound of this

jimi kissed the sky

jim kissed the snake

james kissed the sun

EssnayRepXTamEt
01-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I didn't get the first post. Where was your "perfect sense"? 'I just read sun kissed and it made perfect sense'. Sense with what?

In the song, the character claims he is brain dead.
Because of this, sun-kissed won't help.

Sun-kissed is a book, and it won't help him, cause he's brain dead.

opiated
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Doesn't matter if the end result is the above or . . .

Sunkist and Sudafed.

. . . The below, it all comes down to the fact that Maynard likes fucking with words and what you hear in the end result. Homophones are greasy, little, salty shits, aren't they?

pink_rose
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I understand how transcripts can have typos, but how do we know about the sunkist/sun kissed one? I think sunkist does make more sense... but i guess sun kissed makes some sorta sense too. In the end, it doesnt really matter, but you know, how bout them typos?

TWENTY-THREE
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Sun-kissed is a reference to California farmer's tans. Sudafed is said to help relieve sinus pressure and headaches(After working in a field all day) Migraines leave you brain dead. Maynard works in a winery(w/Mexicans). History is written by the victor. Random thoughts.