PDA

View Full Version : lateralus is helping me as we speak

Stupidwhiteman
05-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Okay, I hear a lot about Lateralus being a concept album or something like that, some connection to qaballah... i see it, but i've thought about it and come to a different conclusion.

i think that Lateralus is about personal growth and self awareness. It's as if they took 46&2 and based an entire album on it. Tool is all about expanding your horizons, thinking differently about things, and growing. Lateralus is basically a how-to guide, set to music. Whether or not that is an acceptable interpretation, I know that the album has affected my life very positively, helping me get thought a horrendous relationship and prodding me to think about why I felt the way I did, why I acted the way I did, and why I was in the relationship in the first place. Lateralus has taught me a lot about myself, and I am definitely a better person in part because of the meanings that I drew from listening to it.

i don't have the emotional energy right now to share exactly what happened between this girl and I, and I'm still not finished dealing with it, but I think that sometimes the combination of emotional stress and introspection can lead to tremendous personal growth. Lateralus definitely helped.

holyfived
05-20-2003, 09:09 AM
holyfived
Registered

User # 4053
when 5 and 5 are........lateralus?
46&2 was the fifth track off of aenima so............

and lateralus is the fifth album/cd released by these dissectionist..

Since the theme of lateralus seems to be communication.As we all know the 5th chakra is the one located in the throat.(Vishuddah) mispelled,as are many of my words since I have little to no gramatical abilities. Any ways, this chakra rules/emenates communication and spirtual music and language..... according to Alex Gray's Transfigurations. So maybe the next level of evolution comes with well I don't know but I sure if you/we search and communicate we'll find out. or not?

I feel and think that I have went through the exact( similar situation. The quote above also reflects the Idea of Lateralus being the macrocosm of 46&2..... Thank you for your self-disclosure STUPIDWHITEMAN.