PDA

View Full Version : far fetched

phylleb
09-18-2006, 10:24 AM
maybe we are waiting because they have something big up their sleeves. but, probably not, adam's getting so old he probably forgot to finish it or thought he did.

lemonlateralus
09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
*Sighs* You know,as much as I long for new tool and understand the talents of Adam, I am starting to think that they dont really care what we get...thank god they still play live.

Snakedragon
09-19-2006, 01:06 AM
They had problems with the CG company. They had to delay it for a while. Now they're completely busy with touring, that they cannot do the video at the moment.

eternalnuisance.com
09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I've been thinking they aren't going to make a video. Oh well, at least we still got the music. Right?

whooz
09-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Blair said over two month ago that they were nearly finished.

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2006_07.php

lemonlateralus
09-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Adam's definately taking his time...I mean regards of him being on tour with tool...if the video is already complete all he needs to do is tell his distributors to release the tape.
He doesnt have to be in studio all the time.

eternalnuisance.com
09-24-2006, 11:39 AM

Yeah, but how many times have they jerked us around before?

implandnoises
09-25-2006, 03:59 AM

Your avatar was never finished.

Seriously. I saw a sketch once of how Adam wanted that guy to really look but they ran out of time to do it properly. This time I think Adam is like "Fuck it, I don't care how long it takes. No-one sees it until it is perfect."

And, yeah, with him still touring, he isn't gonna be applying the finishing touches at the moment. Hopefully he can do it in the Oct break. But maybe not. Thats how it has always worked for Tool. Blair says: "album might be out this Spring (2005)". Spring rolls around and they haven't finished so they keep going. It's much better than all the shitty bands out there who set a date and then stick to it no matter how crap their output is. I prefer to have broken promises on time than on quality.

ExODUS
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
true to that. and plus look at what theyve done so far, the results of their delays have never dissappointed. in my opinion all of their videos have been spectacular

Joshenstein
09-25-2006, 06:17 PM
As you guys probably know Tool truly views their band and everything they put out as art. Right now i'm sure Adam's feeling tons of pressure from everyone and their grandmother. I think the more pressure you put on an artist such as Adam the more he'll fell pressure to make a video just to shut everone the fuck up... And I'm sure that's the last thing everyone wants... So as soon as everyone backs off and things start to simmer down with touring etc the video will come out.. trust me it'll be worth the wait

eternalnuisance.com
09-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't trust you. I think they aren't going to make a video because we expect them to make one.

Bodhi
09-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Right.

lotus.
09-29-2006, 03:27 PM
maybe we are waiting because they have something big up their sleeves. but, probably not, adam's getting so old he probably forgot to finish it or thought he did.

I am being optamistic about it and I think Adam wants it perfect, after all it's the follow up to Parabol(a). It will be evererything we hoped and dreamed.

justfar1086
09-29-2006, 06:40 PM
my grandmother is not pressuring adam in the least bit, thank you very much

eternalnuisance.com
09-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, it doesn't really bother me if they don't make one, because it's really the music that I care about, a video is just a nice little bonus. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a video from 10,000 days, but it's not world war 7 if they don't make one, it's not like I'm going to sit around and watch for it on the mtv. I love Tool, but I'd rather slit my wrist with a rusty hacksaw blade that watch ten seconds of Mtv. I only just recently saw the video for parabol/parabola because I saw it on sale in the local record shop and had to shell out the 5.98 for it.

an_eagle_in_your_mind
09-30-2006, 04:39 AM
they're taking their time, like with the new album..

which doesn't necessarily mean they're putting a lot of effort and time into it..

justfar1086
09-30-2006, 09:45 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if we saw some of the video on the 10k days tour, i got that overwhelming feeling during vicarious that we were watching the video, possibly even with rosetta stoned with all the alien creepy shit

hollow001
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if we saw some of the video on the 10k days tour, i got that overwhelming feeling during vicarious that we were watching the video, possibly even with rosetta stoned with all the alien creepy shit

i agree the stuff they had on the screen was quite entrancing, it could've just been the Exstacy, but i doubt it

jonboy
10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
We will see it, but at this stage probably not till next year.