PDA

View Full Version : i agree as well but..

EndEyeQuote
11-26-2002, 02:33 AM
i do entirely believe that the sell out term is overused not mention completely missused. popularity does not equal selling out.

a great example is corey from slipknot - i have friends in the buisness and one related to me how much corey made last year and let me just tell you he probably made less then you (i know he made less than me). just because someone is popular does not mean they are making money at all. people really just dont understand the economics of the recording industry.

and i personally have never once held it against any band that i was into for getting famous. i saw system of a down, and incubus in bars before they were big for less than ten bucks. it is sad that i will never get to see them again in such a small setting but i am happy for them. espcieally since i have met them all on many occasions and they are great guys.

the other thing i wanted to say though - while i wouldnt go far as to say anybody that is big on the radio now are sell outs - i will say that most of it is crap, and that is the only reason i am much more into smaller bands right now - because they are better.

but then again there is TOOL, audioslave, system, etc...

EndEyeQuote
11-26-2002, 02:34 AM
that was supposed to be in response to "oh the sweet irony" a few posts down. oops