PDA

View Full Version : The first 20 seconds

parable522
05-16-2003, 05:10 PM
I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who found out about the quiet little tune going on in the first 20 seconds of crawl away. Turn it up during the silence. It's some tribal thing.

revolver_7
05-16-2003, 05:29 PM

uhhhh i am pretty sure everybody knows about that dude.....

*EDIT*

i think you should delete this thread before people start calling you a dumbass... seriously

erazorhead
05-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by parable522
I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who found out about the quiet little tune going on in the first 20 seconds of crawl away. Turn it up during the silence. It's some tribal thing.

wow, ive never thought to listen to that album loudly.
you rock.

parable522
05-17-2003, 06:37 PM
well, i figured that there were no posts for this song, so somebody needed to start something. I'm sorry! I'M SORRY! I'M SO ASHAMED! I'M A TWO-DIMENSIONAL THINKER! I'm going to go off to my room and cry now, i hope you're happy, because right now, i'm in my room.........crying!

revolver_7
05-17-2003, 07:56 PM
its okay

next time read the faq or just dont say anything at all that might make you sound like a retarded asshole piece of shit uncler fucker ass ramming bastard ho... ......

or ask the question in a subtle manner like

"what is that sound at the beginning of crawl away?"

REvolver......

DisgracedEffigy
05-18-2003, 05:39 AM
well, i figured that there were no posts for this song

Actually, there is quite a few. You have to look since the beginning.

parable522
05-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Relax man. we're all friends, here, i was merely trying to start some conversation in the forum, it had no posts and it's a great song. Look at the poor song, it was lonely, we gave it company.

jpmanson
05-18-2003, 03:23 PM
this is the second thread this week taht has mentioned this.. cant remember what the other one was.. but there was someone saying it was an irish folk song, and another person said he was from ireland and that it sounded like native american music..

paraflux
06-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Its straight-up polka. Every month or so when the last person's thread dies and goes to the past threads page I have to come back and tell someone else. Lol.

LarryFromMadrid
03-23-2004, 05:58 PM
I thought everyone would have heard it; I never listen to music soft, just so I don't miss details like that...

But anyway, I can't imagine what its emotional meaning would be, but I can point out a musical thing going on: If you pay close attention to the tempo, and how it changes from the beginning to near the end (I think it's a Chinese folk tune, by the way -- that seems like something they'd do), then I think the second tempo used in that tune is the same as the first tempo used during the little guitar solo right at the beginning of the "audible" song, and the first tempo used in the tune is the same as the tempo used right after the guitar solo. Now I have to go tap my foot and see if I'm right....

AllforUnity
03-23-2004, 07:43 PM
l thought someone already said what song it was?

g-bay-be
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
hey guys chill out!

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Yeah they did, along time ago. Go look it up.

Ertai
10-18-2005, 08:01 PM
anyone care to dance... i always loved this segment