PDA

View Full Version : forced sex

Adrenalin
05-16-2003, 03:04 AM
...ok i know this may sound a bit (or a lot) stupid but yesterday while prison sex was playing on my stereo i though that it might have been written on forced sex....i mean,someone making his/her partner have sex with another person even though he/she doesnt want to...how does that soound?i dont believe that,that was the true meaning,but i just wanted to share my thought...so?

Nirvana
05-16-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Adrenalin
so?

fine with me

Adrenalin
05-16-2003, 03:51 AM
yuo dont get into the songs do you?

Nirvana
05-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Adrenalin
yuo dont get into the songs do you?

well, not really, i mean, the song is great, and so is the video, but.. i dunno, i dont think it has to do anything with SEX at all...

3rd eye
05-16-2003, 04:09 AM
HMMM FUNNY U PEOPLE MENTION IT. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM DANNY CAREY A FEW YEARS BACK BEFORE HE STARTED EXTENSIVE TOURING FOR THE LATEST ALBUM. HE REPLIED TO MY ACTUAL QUIRY ON THE MEANING OF THE SONG, AND IF I CAN REMEMBER ACCURATELY, THE NATURE OF THE SONG HAS MUCH TO DO WITH THE BANDS STRONG FEELINGS TOWARDS CHILD ABUSE. IF THAT IS OF ANY HELP.

Nirvana
05-16-2003, 04:13 AM
well, yes, but whats with that child abuse?... sexual?... or?

Adrenalin
05-16-2003, 04:48 AM
well yeah..t does explain a lot..although many a ppl have already mentioned that as a subject and it indeed is the one..i just wanted to express an idea that came to my mind yesterday..

praga
05-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 3rd eye
HMMM FUNNY U PEOPLE MENTION IT. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM DANNY CAREY A FEW YEARS BACK BEFORE HE STARTED EXTENSIVE TOURING FOR THE LATEST ALBUM. HE REPLIED TO MY ACTUAL QUIRY ON THE MEANING OF THE SONG, AND IF I CAN REMEMBER ACCURATELY, THE NATURE OF THE SONG HAS MUCH TO DO WITH THE BANDS STRONG FEELINGS TOWARDS CHILD ABUSE. IF THAT IS OF ANY HELP.

Ya know, i don't think i believe people that type THEIR WHOLE FUCKING REPLY IN ALL CAPS
call me a skeptic, but my name is really John

Jimmy Pop
05-21-2003, 01:22 AM
YES DONT WE ALL LOVE PEOPLE THAT TYPES IN CAPS? I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING..

So, you probably got tons of mails from Danny Carey.

The forced sex-idea could be true, but I don't really know... Some people say it is about child abuse or something, but who knows?

Hold-Me-Mommy
05-31-2003, 11:40 AM
Well, on a live vid I have of them playing this song, Maynard says what the song is about in his usual cryptic ways.

"This song seemed to cause a little controversy up here...amongst music. This song's about recognizing, identifying cycled (?) abuse within yourself. This is the first step of the process. Realization...identifying...the next step is to work through it....but this song is about the first step in that process, which is recognizing...."

Then, they proceeded to kick ass in a way that only Tool can.

So, what I gather from that is that the song isn't just about child abuse, but abusing yourself. Be it with drugs or what ever has a strangle hold on you. While it can considerably hurt you, you still need it "to make you whole".

My two cents...

sircorn
05-31-2003, 11:54 AM
or not escaping from the abuse of another, is technically abusing yourself. See, cyrptic speeches work both ways ;)

Hold-Me-Mommy
05-31-2003, 01:45 PM
That's true, but he said abuse within yourself. I don't know. It could really go either way. I guess that's the beauty of Tool songs. You can take them any way you want to. :)