PDA

View Full Version : Frogs and Woodsy Noises

sundryan
11-25-2002, 09:37 PM
I realize the subject of this topic is strange, but it will all begin to make sense in a bit.

I was listening to Parabola in my car tonight at a much louder volume than usual. The song was coming to a close with roughly a minute remaining just as I pulled into a parking spot at my destination. I rarely ever cut songs short when I'm in my car, so I proceeded to let the final guitar solo play out. It was then I noticed something I've never heard before. At roughly 5:34 into the song, if you listen close enough, you can hear the sound of multiple frogs chiping as they do at night. It because much more prominent at 5:39 and begins to die down below audible levels at around 5:43. It confused me for a second and took me a bit by surprise because suddenly I felt like I was out in the woods at night.

I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge or if it has been posted here previously.

What are your takes on it?

Chris_Brightwell
11-26-2002, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure what my opinion is on this, or how it really fits into the whole scheme of Parabola -- but if you listened closely at the '02 concerts, you could hear the frogs through Parabol and Parabola.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator

ragna16
11-26-2002, 10:31 AM
I think it has to do with recognizing how great all life is, or becoming in touch with nature. I don't know, maybe they wanted to relax you with some nature sound, as the last part starts to be very relaxing at just about that time.

Kostia
11-27-2002, 04:15 PM
I think the frog noises fit the theme that life needs to be appreciated, really. I'm not sure how much Parabola has to do with divinity or just plain nature, but it would seem that in either regard it has tons to do with enjoying life and those you love within it. So kick back and listen to the frogs.