PDA

View Full Version : Ænema brings a new listener

bringerofbasses
11-25-2002, 08:45 PM
This was the first Tool song I heard on my local rock radio station. I've heard the song before, but I never knew who Tool was! I asked friends who the band was, and they thought I was joking around - until one day, I decided to call my radio station when they were playing the song.

Jock: "98!"
Me: "Yeah, I was curious what song this is on the air?"
Jock: "This is "Ænema" by Tool, off their album "Ænima". They should be coming out with a new disc sometime within the next 6 months (Note: this was before Lateralus came out)."
Me. "Alright...Tool, Ænema...thanks!" *click*

Ever since then, I've been hooked on Tool. Lateralus is probably my favored album, but this song (Ænema) will always be a Tool song in which I must tell people about. Hell, I'm trying to get my 13-year-old cousin into Tool - straying him from the ever lovely pot-smoking rap music and anarchist music he's been into for some odd reason. I let him borrow Lateralus, and hopefully it meets his mother's approval (lol..).

Anyway, before this turns any further into a life story, I'd just like to say "Hi" as this is my first post. Also, I really don't want to be analyzing the songs for their words - but rather their music. ..But that's easier said than done. Hope to meet some bright individuals with great conversation!

Cheers! - the Bringer of Basses

bottom_feeder99
11-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Well man I'm happy for you I just wish our damn radio station would play tool......

Flood
11-29-2002, 12:15 PM
Heh, even though I rarely listen to the radio, the few times I've listened to it were at my friend's house. I heard Sober and Prison Sex within a span of 3 hours...I couldn't believe it.

scorpioali
11-29-2002, 01:03 PM
all my radio station plays is schism and sober (occassionally). that's why i don't listen to the radio anymore; lack of good music. anyway, aenema is an amazing song. i'm not much of a headbanger, but i do often find myself jumping up and down and playing air bass when listening to this song.

Jerk off
12-01-2002, 06:16 PM
My radio station plays every tool song released as a single. on day In the span of 4 hours i heard every radio released song it was great. and some times they do An "Hour Of Power " and play 1 hour of a single band. about once a month they do Tool. I love my radio :)

Kastuko
12-22-2002, 12:12 PM
You're lucky man. My radio station has "Mandatory Metallica", which isn't bad, because Metallica's a pretty cool band...but METALLICA EVERY NIGHT!!! O_O COme on now...we need some different bands, hehe. And I never once heard any Deftones on my radio station. They are like...brothers with Tool. I do hear Schism, and Sober once in awhile, but those are the only two songs I heard from Tool. I remember I found out about Tool pretty late, Schism being my first song. ^_^; But yeah.

Cronos
01-13-2003, 12:57 PM
I've heard Tool on my radio station numerous times. Just about every single BUT Prison Sex.

I heard nothing from Opiate

Sober was the only single from Undertow.

Ænema from Ænima, and 46 & 2, as well as H. Suprisingly no Stink Fist...

Then from Lateralus only Schism.

You're envious, as well you should be.