PDA

View Full Version : Wave Theory and Tool...

dawn
05-13-2003, 09:27 PM
If someone could help me out with the name of the song that this...rant is in...I would be grateful...

...to prevent a horrible misquoting...I will paraphrase its key points...
...it speaks of young men on acid realizing that matter is in a state of perpetual motion...

My handy dandy refrence book says...

That dividing earth's constant^2 /rate of change of energy =
rate of change that resting mass experiences...

1kg of an object 'at rest' moves 5.6*10^-4 m/s

So there it is...I was right...Tool was right...it never stops...you are never completely still...even the deadest of objects is alive in some way...active at least...perpetual motion...waves...moving through, over, around you...can you feel it?...it moves so slow...slower than I thought it would...amazing...

Hogpile
05-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Plus if you consider the theory that all things are made up of atoms, and are billions of electrons spinning around billions of nucleous(or is it nucleoi?) then that would also represent perpetual motion. Just a thought.

dawn
05-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hogpile
Plus if you consider the theory that all things are made up of atoms, and are billions of electrons spinning around billions of nucleous(or is it nucleoi?) then that would also represent perpetual motion. Just a thought.

good thought...but it goes even deeper than the atom...what I wonder is if it is infinite...scientists keep discovering smaller and smaller particles...

Pro_Art
05-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by grrrl
good thought...but it goes even deeper than the atom...what I wonder is if it is infinite...scientists keep discovering smaller and smaller particles...

How do scientists discover this stuff? I can see making an
educated guess; but when you're working on the atomic
level, how can you say anything is for sure? What are we
using to get our data? I've pondered this a long time ago,
and still don't know.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

dawn
05-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Pro_Art
How do scientists discover this stuff

...I have no idea...they have seen as far as the quark...I believe it is...electron microscopes I guess...what's funny is to see them describe an object with no apparant mass...you can tell from the evolution of the atomic model just how much we have come to see...

venusdatura
05-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by grrrl
...I have no idea...they have seen as far as the quark...I believe it is...electron microscopes I guess...what's funny is to see them describe an object with no apparant mass...you can tell from the evolution of the atomic model just how much we have come to see...

I am not too educated on all this stuff...but I would think that the way scientists understand things is to do the experiments on smaller levels, like with carbon testing of course you could never sit and wait 4 billion years to test this, so you would have to simulate it somehow and then the rest is math and estimates. It's always been amazing to me that nothing here or anywhere is at rest, everything is alive and moving. I don't know who reads the bible..I don't really but I remember it speaking something about the "quickening", I believe that is the evolution of the spirit through organics, just like the universe is in constant physical motion, the spirit moves and evolves only in conjuntion with the body, I am not sure if it can evolve without the body or if the evolution is different somehow, I haven't been there yet....but hell I am rambling on, hope someone can make some sense out of it...

Hogpile
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure exactly how they see atoms or measure them either to tell you the truth, but after seeing the success of supposedly splitting the nucleaus of an atom and causing a chain reaction that wreaked the havoc we have seen in photographs of Hiroshima and Nagisaki(sp?) I would say that it is an amazing(if not frightening) science.

DisgracedEffigy
05-17-2003, 08:51 AM
The quark isn't the smallest particle they know:

Quarks:
The "down-quark"'s mass is .0074.
The "up-quark"'s mass is .0047.
The "strange quark"'s mass is .16.
The "charm quark"'s mass is 1.6
The "top quark"'s mass is 189.0
And, The "bottom quark"'s mass is 5.2

Electrons:
The electron's mass is .00054.
The "Electron-Neutrino"'s mass is smaller than 10 to the negative 8th power. (or, 0.00000001)

Muons:
The muon's mass is .11.
But, its neutrino counterpart's mass is smaller than .0003.

Those, I believe are correct. I haven't looked over them specifically in quite a while. The quarks are bigger than both the electron family and the muon family. The elctron-neutrino is by far the samllest particle that has ever been enocountered to this point.

jpmanson
05-17-2003, 09:17 AM
quantum physicist have been able to show that you cant get infinately small.. there is a size where space stops really being space.. its liek 10^-72 meters^3.. a space that small has very strange properties..

dawn
05-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by DisgracedEffigy
The quark isn't the smallest particle they know:Quarks:
The "down-quark"'s mass is .0074.
The "up-quark"'s mass is .0047.
The "strange quark"'s mass is .16.
The "charm quark"'s mass is 1.6
The "top quark"'s mass is 189.0
And, The "bottom quark"'s mass is 5.2

...Thank You...Very, very much...

dawn
05-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jpmanson
a space that small has very strange properties..

...I am an inquiring mind...I want to know...

...contemplating that...pulls at my chest...I can feel it...

flipmojo
05-17-2003, 11:38 AM
Just to throw into the mix....

There is a Law of the Conservation of Mass-Energy, developed from the Special Theory of Relativity, that says that mass can be converted into energy and energy can be converted into mass but the total amount of mass-energy in the universe does not change. It is based on Symmetry and Yin-Yang concepts (for the Eastern religous believers).

Some physicists conduct subatomic experiments using light, x-rays, and gamma rays. They measure the amplitude/frequency changes in waves and the placement variations of particles (photons).

Physics is somewhat lifeless, in defining life, to me so I only go so far with it.

DisgracedEffigy
05-17-2003, 01:59 PM
<i>...Thank You...Very, very much...</i>

Yeah, no problem. On the the physics major.

topside
02-24-2004, 02:15 AM
quantum physicist have been able to show that you cant get infinately small.. there is a size where space stops really being space.. its liek 10^-72 meters^3.. a space that small has very strange properties..

FUCK! I had a huge interesting post, then i accidently closed the window. Ill try again.

How to detect stuff we cant see:

1.) Why cant we see it?

A) The size of the object is smaller than the probe we are using. Meaning, its hard for me to know what a golf ball looks like by throwing a basketball at it. How does this relate to looking at stuff? Well, what we see are photons/light (electro-magnetic waves/quanta) which are reflected (absorbed & released) at certain intervals or wavelengths or what we call color. For a technical explanation, an atom must recieve a packet of light whith just the right amount of energy to bump its electron into the next energy level, shortly after, it will release this energy in the form of a photon, and drop back to its normal ground state.

To see smaller and smaller things, you use a smaller and smaller probe. This can be done by increasing the wavelength of light so that its small enough to be reflected at a satisfactory resolution. How can we do this? Increase its kinetic energy (speed it up in a particle accellerator). This will increase the wavelength by way of relative length contraction.

Keep in mind here that the photon is just the carrier particle for the electomagnetic force. We have 4 standard forces....weak, strong nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravity. Each operates at a differant "spacetime" dimension and can be used to probe differant levels of physics.

Q) What song was it on?
A) Salival - Third Eye (live) for sure

2 cents on quoted comment.
I believe your talking about the planks length or planks constant which intend to read up on tonight. AFAIK it has to do with wavelength of empty space. I.E. anything not of an integer multiple of it will not result in constructive interference/resonance and stability.

Another 2 cents to add in - try not to get confused by all this wavelength/frequency/energy stuff. I'll try to draw an analogy where you can see how it ties together.

Lets have a ball at the end of a string, and were spinning it in a circle, round and round. Well, increase the energy of the system to make the ball go faster, now, in time, your ball's frequency of rotation is increasing right? Now look at the ball rotating around the string from a parallel point of view with it, as in - look at it to where you dont see it spinning around, yet you just see it going up/down. So, its just a kinda illusion that what were seeing is actually an oscillation or rather spin. I believe its pretty much science fact that most of these oscillations/fequencies are spins, possibly iin yet-unknown dimensions.

Picture a 3D object moving around and observing it in 2D. Perspective is everything.

Anyway im done rambling and kinda ticked that my origional post got lost - it was a good one.

Fuck, ok one more thing. How do we get to know about quarks and anti matter and shit?

Throw a rock on the ground, and it breaks. Its energy was increased to to break its previous bonds which held it in its then, stable state.

Key words are the "then, stable" state. If I have a positivly charged particle stuck to a negatively charged particle, then they are effectively nutural. We can increase the ienergy of the system so that it is possible that the kinetic energy over-rides the bonding energy of the strong nuclear force. When we see 1 particle fly then split into 2 going in opposite directions and spinning, we know that that 1 particle split into its charged component particles.

ANyway, I hope someone got something out of this post. Would a physics major please step up? Im just an interested bystandard.

engineer
03-25-2004, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=grrrl]If someone could help me out with the name of the song that this...rant is in...I would be grateful...

...it speaks of young men on acid realizing that matter is in a state of perpetual motion.

Isn't it actually Third Eye on "Aenema"..........

deathoughts
04-27-2004, 01:47 AM
einstein looked into the idea of finding smaller things beyond atoms and neutrons and shit....

he named it the "line theory"

its pretty crazy..... trying to imagine what is smallest or what actual space is?

kinda like imagining what lies beyond our galaxy....

Luna Galapogos
04-27-2004, 10:09 AM
A lot of matter that composes the universe is not anything we know, so we just call it "dark matter." We have come to the point where we realize that most of the universe is composed of this dark matter, but we can't pinpoint what composes dark matter yet, or at least I don't think we can. I should go and research that.

11Reflections11
05-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Since the topic of energy seems to have popped up, think about this. When sometihng dies, all of it's energy has to go somewhere, seeing as though energy never stops, or dies, it only moves on. So when you die, your energy continues on in the world, making you part of whatever your energy becomes. Right?
Thoghts?

deathoughts
05-13-2004, 02:16 AM
nice post

yes it is dark matter and no they dont know shit...

they say it may possibly have gravity..

and there is a new found radiation coming from black holes...

but shit that energy one....thats another one of those mind blowing thoughts

ÆNIMA69
06-04-2004, 07:34 PM
einstein looked into the idea of finding smaller things beyond atoms and neutrons and shit....

he named it the "line theory"

its pretty crazy..... trying to imagine what is smallest or what actual space is?

kinda like imagining what lies beyond our galaxy....

Kinda like standing on a ladder and looking down (smallest) or looking up (beyond)

ÆNIMA69
06-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Since the topic of energy seems to have popped up, think about this. When sometihng dies, all of it's energy has to go somewhere, seeing as though energy never stops, or dies, it only moves on. So when you die, your energy continues on in the world, making you part of whatever your energy becomes. Right?
Thoghts?

all of the elements making up your bones and tissues and such go back into the earth and are recycled

Triangular_Vision
06-12-2004, 02:54 PM

look into the superstring theory...

Triangular_Vision
06-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Thoghts?
completely correct. Only the conciouseness moves on... being all one mind is easilly supported by this statement.

Triangular_Vision
06-12-2004, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=grrrl]If someone could help me out with the name of the song that this...rant is in...I would be grateful...

...it speaks of young men on acid realizing that matter is in a state of perpetual motion.

Isn't it actually Third Eye on "Aenema"..........

i belive it goes something like this (from memory)

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter and energy purely condenced into a slow vibration, that we are all of one mind experiancing ourselves subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream in which imagination of ourselves, and fears come with the weather.

This is true on many levels, and as far as the perpetual motion, anything that is not at absolute zero, is vibrating...

Et in Arcadia Ego
06-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I see you're trying to help out Triangular_Vision but make sure to check the date when threads are created... This was posted around the same time last year... grrrl hasn't been around for ages, except recently popping up to mention that she's had a child...

Anyway, on another point... Close with the quote, but not quite... You're missing the crucial Bill Hicks pun at the end with all his satirical wit... (The quote is supposed to read like a news report...)

Today a young man on acid realised that all matter of life is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is merely a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather...