PDA

View Full Version : the age old question...

cantfindawayout
11-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Peach or Tool?

here is what i think:

I like both. Peach gives you a song that is very real. They deliver the song (and all other songs on that album) in a manner which is hard to complain about. Justin's playing in Tool is a reflection of Peach's straight-forward, to the point style. Tool, like they did with Pushit on Salival, transformed the song into something on a higher level. When listening to Tool's version (after you have heard the Peach version, for a frame of reference) all concentration is devoted to the song. Tool took a beautiful song and practically recreated it into something magnificant, as only Tool can do(and has with other songs).

So, to answer the question 'Peach or Tool?'...

I believe it depends on what you are looking for in the song.

If you are looking for a straight-forward progressive rock song with great flow and rhythm...go with Peach.

But if you are looking to experience the song in absolute meditation with the help of what Tool is so wonderful known for, then by all means, go with Tool.

Neither version is better or worse than the other, but both are wonderfully played out by those performing it.

Kostia
11-28-2002, 10:29 PM
I like Peach's better lyrically. On No Quarter and You Lied Maynard employs a vocal technique that is too drawn out to really enjoy much. But guitaring on Tool's version is superior so it balances out, I believe.

captainspunk
12-15-2002, 01:59 PM
ill have to say i like the tool version better, just because i like maynards voice better. i think it fits the song a little better than the english accent

Genocidal
12-17-2002, 01:08 PM
I think Tool's version is better for two main reasons:

1) Adam/Buzz's guitar playing. Their dual work sounds amazing and Adam's version of the opening riff and solos are better than Peach's version, in my opinion.

2) The song is longer.

I think Peach's version is better for one main reason:

1) The sampling during the breakdown. I think Tool should've played a tape of it or something like it during the part when it's just the rhythm section playing.

Oh well. One can't have it all. I hope to make a "perfect" version with my own band some day. :P