PDA

View Full Version : Relationship, union, etc.

FRANK THE TANK
09-06-2006, 09:08 AM
This post is somewhat of a reply to another thread (Perhaps possible congratulations are in order? )....

So we all know he has a son...we all know that there is a special bond between parent and offspring...this bond is fragile and can be easily interrupted or even broken. One of the catalysts of this seperation could in fact be money and fame.

He (MJK) may feel that his fame may somehow in some way come between him and his son. The song is basically MJK explaining to his son that if he could he would leave his fame behind him to carry on with his son, but we all know that's easier said than done, all of us or at least some of us have seen what too much fame can do to a person, take for example Dave Chappelle (he's in Africa playin WoW...lol j/k). He is basically telling his son that he acknowledges the potential problems this could bring about BUT no matter what he tells him to push forward thorugh the dark times (hence "shine on benevolent son") and the relationship will survive...well that's one thought at least.

Terry21
09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I think that is the basic idea of the song which can be transposed into relationship (between lovers) and family (between brothers). I think the basic idea is the opposite of a schism, the unity.

Solaris
09-10-2006, 05:28 AM
I totally agree with you.