PDA

View Full Version : what does the music mean...

FormQ
11-25-2002, 06:44 PM
in reference to one of the earlier posts...i believe someone said that this opinion forum basically translates to a lyric interpretation forum...which is more or less true.

one thing i rarely see around here is talk of the instrumentation...i'm glad you folks brought it up in this forum. it is pretty hard to analyze music alone without words...it's highly abstract, after all. but perhaps it's worth a try...

so what does the music of Jimmy mean...hmm, well, starts off with that riff from Intermission...interesting how the light, almost child-like organ riff turns into something dark and menacing seconds later. like walking down a brightly lit street and then suddenly turning into a dark & dangerous alleyway...and thus begins Jimmy.

i suppose that's good enough to start...

crow011
11-28-2002, 07:27 PM
i am such an idiot . . .

not once did i ever think of that . . . its been my favourite song for years, and not once did i notice the transition from childlike, innocent, skipping down the freakin' street, to uh-oh, did i just fall over? . . .

thank you . . . i think i just created another neural passage way in my brain . . . go me . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .