PDA

View Full Version : Extended 2006 version. Release it!

mr. nikki jensen
09-02-2006, 12:56 AM
After i've witness the extended version of Stinkfist at this years Roskilde Festival i was in ecstacy! Most of the time before the concert i use, not to dislike stinkfist but to skip it when i heard the Ænima album cause in my view it was not as good as the other tracks on the cd. But now i hear it almost everytime there's tool on the Stereo. I think it would be orgasmic if tool in the future would release the extended version (for example on a maxi single with some of the new singles from 10.000 days) cause i truly love this extended version.

any one in here with same point of view as i??

-think for yourself, always look towards the light

happydipshit
09-02-2006, 10:26 AM
true, im on your side with that. but they should release schism extended too. ah well fuck the release, somebody record it in high quality and post them here!

eulogy09
09-02-2006, 03:12 PM
I doubt it will happen. It is kind of cool to only be able to hear it live, it adds to the experience, and if you listened to it like a normal song the live show wouldn't be as exciting.

mr. nikki jensen
09-04-2006, 08:10 AM
true, im on your side with that. but they should release schism extended too. ah well fuck the release, somebody record it in high quality and post them here!

yea, it would be nice too

Pagoda
09-24-2006, 07:11 AM
After i've witness the extended version of Stinkfist at this years Roskilde Festival i was in ecstacy! Most of the time before the concert i use, not to dislike stinkfist but to skip it when i heard the Ænima album cause in my view it was not as good as the other tracks on the cd. But now i hear it almost everytime there's tool on the Stereo. I think it would be orgasmic if tool in the future would release the extended version (for example on a maxi single with some of the new singles from 10.000 days) cause i truly love this extended version.

any one in here with same point of view as i??

-think for yourself, always look towards the light

I'd like to see it released somehow too but I'm not getting my hopes up since Tool have never been ones to release b-sides. I doubt they'll start now. Still, the 2006 extended version is great indeed. Can't wait to hear it again in concert on the 6th.

Emericana
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
they did this extended version on the lateralus tour as well

weathermantom
10-05-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah, and I have a bootleg from the Perth show with the extended Stinkfist on it.

weathermantom
10-05-2006, 11:24 AM
which was nice at the 2006 concerts, because I knew to stop singing at "I'll keep digging."

slamminsalmon
10-09-2006, 06:04 AM

thank you

Thirdeye11
10-11-2006, 11:32 AM

Believe it or not, I know for a fact that by 1998 (still on the Ænima tour) they were playing the extended Stinkfist as well.

rintoot
11-07-2006, 07:11 AM
which was nice at the 2006 concerts, because I knew to stop singing at "I'll keep digging."

That's classic! I've watched some videos on youtube from the 10,000 Days tour of them doing Stinkfist and you can hear everyone continue to yell even through "Till I feel something." It is sooooo funny.

There is no spoon
11-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, Ozzfest 98 they did do the extended version. And again, there were many-a-retard that yelled "I'll Keep Digging".

The amount of people that yell "I'll Keep Digging" has not really decreased over the years. This means that either they are getting new fans to come to their show, or that people aren't paying attention, which baffles me.

Although, it is pretty funny when the idiot next to you has that dumbfounded look on his face when he realizes that he's screaming for no particular reason...

AlltheteainChina
11-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Has he always done that scream in the middle? That melted my face off.

*you gotta love the I'll Keep Digging-ers, i try to look around and find the last one to catch on

mr. nikki jensen
11-24-2006, 01:04 PM
i was just listening to tools cover version of no quarter. in about 7:50, adam plays almost the exact riff as in the start of the extended stinkfist version, or at least they are sounding similar to each other.

not that i care. it sounds fuckin awesome.