PDA

View Full Version : what does this mean....?

OGT from back in the day
08-30-2006, 06:34 PM
"Like phosphorescent desert buttons".....i dont know what that means, does anybody want to help me out here?

Where_Is_Mother
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Perhaps it means this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

OGT from back in the day
08-31-2006, 05:38 PM
so its a drug?

slamminsalmon
08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
its a reference to peyote and or mescaline methinks

peyote definitely looks like a button and it grows in the desert.

edit: and dood! acid is the most safe "hard" drug you can do. especially done in the right environment.

OGT from back in the day
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
then why did he mention peyote in the song?

OGT from back in the day
09-08-2006, 08:33 PM
ok thanks for answering my question

Harry
09-09-2006, 12:09 AM
ok thanks for answering my question

That's the -good- stuff!

I piss a lot at night. I'd enjoy some

phosphorescent bathroom

buttons.

Harry

without judgement
09-14-2006, 10:08 AM
i dont think its peyote. I think hes tripping balls in the desert and a vision of phosphorescent desert buttons, maybe eyes. (only acid can explain the real reason)

Harry
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
i dont think its peyote. I think hes tripping balls in the desert and a vision of phosphorescent desert buttons, maybe eyes. (only acid can explain the real reason)

That or a dictionary.

Start at Falken's Maze.

ToolKlouD
09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
i think its poetic but almost beatles like...
"lucy in the sky"...
"Like phosphorescent desert buttons"

Harry
09-23-2006, 08:52 AM

Forbidden mechanism
just punishment -
my reward
I enter

That reminds me of a joke I heard:

Balaam, Hermes, and the four sons of Horus
were playing b-ball with senior deuchbag
when there was a knock on my door
and a ring in my tub.

"Hell-0"

It's,
Harry

Death In June
09-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Phosphorescent desert buttons is refering to peyote. They're called buttons. And they glow at night (in the desert). Simple. My personal belief is that it's an homage to Castaneda. I've said it many times before. It seems obvious to me.

Btw, how is acid any more safe than Peyote? Or mushrooms for that matter? Ibogaine? Salvia? Shit, even MDMA?

OGT from back in the day
09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
ok it has to do with peyote, but why is it mentioned in this song?

OUTATIME
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Because on peyote he is seeing the third eye being and opening his third eye. The idea of prying something open means that it does not want to come open. The peyote is prying open his third eye. Another reason they say desert buttons is because the buttons grow on a cactus, cacti are in the desert. There you go.

fretforyourfigure462
10-10-2006, 04:23 PM
"lucy in the sky"...

hahaha.

witty.

Forever In Debt
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Because on peyote he is seeing the third eye being and opening his third eye. The idea of prying something open means that it does not want to come open. The peyote is prying open his third eye. Another reason they say desert buttons is because the buttons grow on a cactus, cacti are in the desert. There you go.

Thats pretty much it. I don't see any other reason why peyote would just suddenly come up in the song.

Stranger
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I agree harry, You can only understand this song if you're a tripper.

resonance.
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
desert buttons? cmon man... use your head

insideyourmind
10-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree harry, You can only understand this song if you're a tripper.

its true.. and you have to be really stupid to try to find a hidden meaning in this line of the song. its about a cactus in the desert, and that cactus is peyote, a cactus that has the highest concentration of mescaline. i cant wait to try it...

OGT from back in the day
10-20-2006, 08:02 PM
"lucy in the sky"...

what is ur avatar a picture of?

Forever In Debt
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Third eye is another name for a gland in your head which can be reached in the highest level of meditation, and I think that many of the things in this song point to meditation, yet i don't see why that would be in a Tool song.

14thDosage
11-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Third eye is another name for a gland in your head which can be reached in the highest level of meditation, and I think that many of the things in this song point to meditation, yet i don't see why that would be in a Tool song.

Yeah, Tool would never have anything to do with meditation, especially in the album directly after Third Eye.

TEST
11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
hahaha.

witty.

Girl...U Iz FinE !
DAMN!

mjkajdcjc
11-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Girl...U Iz FinE !
DAMN!

Tale this conversation to the bin!!!

slamminsalmon
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Btw, how is acid any more safe than Peyote? Or mushrooms for that matter? Ibogaine? Salvia? Shit, even MDMA?

the thread has been edited, that was a response to somone going off on how dangerous acid is, and compared to coke, h, meth, (hard drugs) its much safer imo

Forever In Debt
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Third eye is called the pineal gland. It is indeed enhanced when meditating. It is mentioned NUMEROUS times with many chapters devoted to it in DMT: The Spirit Molecule. But I've had it up to my neck in all the DMT shit.

PShepherd11
12-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Notice that he is saying, "LIKE phosphorescent desert buttons" as in he is making a comparison, it's a simile.

OGT from back in the day
01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
hahaha.

witty. id rip that (you)

OGT from back in the day
01-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Death In June ........ i could kick your ass at Halo

bassmaster
02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Third eye is called the pineal gland. It is indeed enhanced when meditating. It is mentioned NUMEROUS times with many chapters devoted to it in DMT: The Spirit Molecule. But I've had it up to my neck in all the DMT shit.

It's also where the 6th chakra is located.

Tool obviously take quite a few psychadelics. You can hear it in their music and most definitely see it in their artwork. Anyone who's ever taken acid/shrooms/etc before will know what I'm talking about. :-)