PDA

View Full Version : Bass players?

Tantobourne
05-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Any of you out there bass players that have been noodling with this song?

I've been just repeating the opening licks over and over again using the tab I found at tooltabs and love it.

If you've screwed with the song, how do you have your delay set?

I haven't tried playing the whammy part much but will try that here in a bit. I'm only working off of a Digitech RP200 and there is a whammy setting on with that I can piddle with along with the expression pedal. The Harmony 5th up/1 up isn't in the effects box, though. There's a 5th/Oct but being a self-taught player I have no clue if that's even near what it should be....although it manages to pull the sound.

Right now I'm just jacked into a Behringer UB1002 mixer along with the Digitech and feeding it into my computer along with headphones.

I'm just laying down the opening bass part and after getting that laid down I'm going to add the electric and eventually the acoustic to the mix.

Playing this with the delay and harmonics with headphones on is pretty immense. I'm almost tempted to spark up a big fat bowl and dive into the vibrations between the strings and the fretboard....

Hehe, even with this simple bass line I can loop it in Winamp, adjust the volume and leaving it running on my computer while I fall asleep to it. = )

-Tant