PDA

View Full Version : Is my album different? (No, it's pirated.)

Eldwynn
08-30-2006, 01:49 PM
For some reason I dont get the ambient song people get, i get a different song to close the album. At first I thought it was just a cool instrumental until I listened to Isis, and realized its actually one of their songs. Anyone else get that as a last track on the album? Is my album differnet or something? I have heard other albums with this "other" last song, so its not JUST my CD, but i have heard CD'swith the other last track (the one all you refer to). Heres a napster link to it

http://play.napster.com/track/15060697

the name of the song is Altered course, its the EXACT same length, and sound as track 11 on my album. I sent an email to kabir through toolband, and he never responded so I just wanted to ask here why the difference in the last song, and why it would be taken from Isis?

Another weird coincidence is that justin apparently helped write teh bass part to Isis's song. I am jsut wondering I guess why I never saw that the last track changed depending on the album you got.

jonboy
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
fuck knows

Gnome_Chomsky
08-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Id probably destroy that album, sounds pirated. go buy a nother copy

implandnoises
08-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Do you have all the same cover art - the stereoscopic glasses and all? I don't see how anyone could pirate that shit very easily. But if you don't have it, then you definately don't have the real deal.

Whoever made that CD was lucky to fit that song on there. I put your CD running time at 80mins and 1 second. Thats about as top as you can get...

MoreTool
08-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Altered Course : 9.58 minutes

lizbiz
08-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Need some clarification...

So you bought the ACTUAL album from a retail store in the original packaging and the last track is different?

happydipshit
08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
freaks... dumbest thread i've ever seen

duncang
08-31-2006, 03:18 PM
freaks... dumbest thread i've ever seen

I think this one is dumber:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43460

littlejason
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
I think this one is dumber:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=43460

eesh that one's BAD. I mean this one is bad but that one is BAAAAD.

implandnoises
08-31-2006, 08:34 PM
The most parsimonious explanation is that you are somehow too retarded to understand how downloading music works yet were still able to get a pirated copy of the CD.

I am concerned that this guy is a product of the new generation of music listeners. He is so wrapped up in the world of downloading, of never going to a CD store, of never actually buying music, that he doesn't recognise piracy when he sees it. He probably doesn't know that the proper CD comes with artwork. I'll bet that the only album he actually bought legally was SOAD's Steal This Album...

remember_forget
09-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I had that with Jambi. It turned out to be Isis's song "The Other."

And yeah, I downloaded the album. Fuck me for it, I had a hard copy even earlier than that anyway. weeks before May, and I was cracking up when people were still insisting it was fake.

Eldwynn
09-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I have all the album artwork, bought from a store in the mall, guess it doesnt matter, i went out and bought the album again and had no problem. Thanks for telling me that I didnt win a lucky CD :P mods can delete this thread

Terry21
09-02-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't get threads where people say impossible stuff.

SpiraMirabilis
09-02-2006, 01:19 PM
For god's sake, if he pirated the album he would not be posting about it here.

Does the actual cd look the same, ie. covered with eyes?

fabienne78
09-02-2006, 01:44 PM
For god's sake, if T/P/T had any sense he wouldn't have posted his dick. Sense has nothing to do with posting here...apparently

Ok you may begin flaming me now!

milair47
09-02-2006, 05:04 PM
For some reason I dont get the ambient song people get, i get a different song to close the album. At first I thought it was just a cool instrumental until I listened to Isis, and realized its actually one of their songs. Anyone else get that as a last track on the album? Is my album differnet or something? I have heard other albums with this "other" last song, so its not JUST my CD, but i have heard CD'swith the other last track (the one all you refer to). Heres a napster link to it

The same thing happened to me with napster a couple of years ago, I was downloading some slipknot songs, I wasnt aware of it at the time, but they were really spineshank songs, thats why I dont use napster anymore

jonboy
09-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Sense has nothing to do with posting here...apparently

Ok you may begin flaming me now!

No need. Your right.

Alex in Chains
09-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't get threads where people say impossible stuff.

QFT.

anarcho-commie
10-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Before 10K Days came out, I wanted to download some leaked tracks on Limewire, and I downloaded Vicarious, Jambi, and Viginti Tres. They were all Isis songs.