PDA

View Full Version : A work of art

StinkfistJEff
11-25-2002, 04:55 PM
I have listened to the Aenima CD so many times I cant beleive I can still actually enjoy tool. But of course I do. Anyways as a lead singer in a band and a guitarist I consider myself a musician. As a musician I have never heard anything as beautiful as this song. I mean when the first verse comes in that riff is so powerful it makes me want to go insane. This song hammers the message of how society has become desensitized to everything! The bridge is quite possibly the most beautiful minute ever. And everytime I listen ot stinkfist and hear that bridge, I feel connected to the world and my whole disposition becomes a completely positive one.

Me and my band play Stinkfist, Eulogy, and H and are working on others, but playing Tool on drums is quite a challenge. Even for someone whose been playing for over 6 years. Anyways I'd just like to say that this is definetely not the worst song on the album. We played a live version of this song at a show we recently did. This show was for people who were about ages 21-40 at a bar. We played mostly popular soft rock songs because that was the type of music the crowd wanted to hear. But our second to last song we played our own version of Stinkfist and everyone loved it and told us how great it was aftersards. We knew a lot of ignorant people in the audience think of Tool as a satanic band so we said we wrote the song. Then after the audience loved it I told the crowd it was a Tool song and they should forget anything they've heard and buy the CD Aenima.

Anyways I seem to have gotten off on a tangent but I don't think there is a worse song, but of the actual songs I'd say Hooker with a Penis, is my least favorite. It just doesn't seem to have the integrity and complexity of the rest. Anyways just my view on the song.

StinkfistJEff - Feel free to message me at anytime while I am logged in and we can talk philosophy and tool.