PDA

View Full Version : weird noise in background

wordto_ya_motha
11-25-2002, 04:17 PM
if you listen to the song real loud and listen closely, at about 4:07-4:11min you can hear something that kinda sounds like a drop a water twice

anyone have any idea on what that could be?

Choler
11-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Yes I have some Ideas of what it might be. I play the guitar myself I own a gibson guitar. And on the body of the guitar there is an extra piece that raises the strings and when you pluck the strings behind it, it makes a weird pitched plucking noise. Adam does it during the intro to Eulogy with the clicking. Or it could be Danny using some weird drum affect and he just hits it twice. These are only suggestions though I am not sure. I hope I have helped you out.

sundryan
11-25-2002, 09:40 PM
Very good ears, I had to listen to it a couple of times before I noticed what you're talking about.

I'm no musical expert, but I believe Choler is right. It does sound like it's coming from the guitar in some way. Interesting find though.

akira
12-10-2002, 05:57 AM
this post should fit under this topic...

does anybody else hear extra sounds at the end of the Parabola video? it starts as soon as the leaf turns to fire (or around there), and it sounds like computized beeps or chimes.

Professor Frink
12-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by akira
does anybody else hear extra sounds at the end of the Parabola video? it starts as soon as the leaf turns to fire (or around there), and it sounds like computized beeps or chimes.

Hmm I'd have to whip out my headphones again.. but there are frog noises at the beginning and end of parabola (the ones at the beginning are actually probably during parabol). Again, I'll get my headphones out and see what i can hear.

FrKmeOUT
12-30-2002, 09:45 PM
I believe this warrants a breaking out of the headphones and Lateralus cd....I don't know what you guys are talking about "frog noises". I never heard no frog noises...lets see here.....

Professor Frink
12-31-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by FrKmeOUT
I believe this warrants a breaking out of the headphones and Lateralus cd....I don't know what you guys are talking about "frog noises". I never heard no frog noises...lets see here.....

Yeah, they're pretty apparent with headphones. I believe it was on Parabol[a], but could've been Lateralus.. I forget.

Traveller
01-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Also if you listen to papabol with headphones, about halfway through you can quite clearly discern some sort of low drawn out chanting. sorta like tibetan monks.(gyoto monks of tibet) I think maybe they're even saying words in a different language and I would be very interested to know what they are.

xSaveXmondaYx
01-16-2003, 01:11 PM
i heard the frog noises too . it's like at the end of parabola where the guitar does like a outro solo kinda thing......weird stuff

Penguin
01-19-2003, 02:53 PM
I heard it the first time listening to the song and thought nothing of it..

teknolojik
01-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by xSaveXmondaYx
i heard the frog noises too . it's like at the end of parabola where the guitar does like a outro solo kinda thing......weird stuff

i think it might be an auditory allusion to biblical frog plagues 'Exodus 8:3'... it's referred to in the movie, Magnolia (fuckin crazy movie by the way).. and the frog plague at the end...

i dunno.. something to consider

Necronomicon
01-25-2003, 11:30 AM
The frog noises are just an ambient bit, my friend.

teknolojik
01-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Necronomicon
The frog noises are just an ambient bit, my friend.

did you write, play and/or mix the song?

you could be right... like i said... it was just something to consider...

I'm not sure how it'd tie in...

listening... it sounds like it could be crickets.. or who knows..?

teknolojik
01-25-2003, 01:18 PM
something to do with "In this holy reality, in this holy experience. " maybe

Genocidal
01-25-2003, 09:57 PM
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about with the "computerized beeps," but Adam plays a simple note progression at the end; it's been raised in volume for the video.

The swamp sounds tie Parabol and Parabola together. The ones at the end of Parabola are quieter acquaintances to the "wow" sounds during the instrumental bits of Parabola. That's how I see it, anyway.

Phlame
02-09-2003, 07:52 PM
wow good catch i heer it on my mp3 off morpheus at about 4:08 it seems like a guitar effect not a drop of watter tho it do sound quite similar

adbirdnas
02-27-2003, 04:19 PM
I hear this also, but I also hear something strange in Reflection. It almost sounds like someone is playing a GameBoy or something, it starts around 2:19 or so, and continues for about 10 seconds. Anyone else hear that?

Riff
03-04-2003, 10:42 AM
I like the frog sounds. It somehow brings visuality to the music. I picture myself at this weird greenish swamp when i hear it.

Parable
03-09-2003, 04:44 PM
The sounds after four minutes are simply Adam hitting muted strings. The strings are so slack they make a wierd harmonic sound. It also sounds like he may have som wah on at the moment, but I can make the same sound with no added effects. Simple.