PDA

View Full Version : More thoughts...

Tantobourne
05-09-2003, 06:37 PM
It's hard to put into words a lot of what the song and those that follows, provokes. Previous postings of mine usually revolve around Keenan and his lyrics. Mostly because what he sings is in a format that I can use to formulate a reply or reaction. I don't want to imply that Jones, Chancellor and Carey are not equals in this endeavour that's Tool. These last three songs are a culmination of my apprecation for what they've put forth to us listeners.

What does Disposition mean to me? What does it provoke?

It's really reminicent of those long lost mushroom highs. It never fails to liken a moment to a drug experience, eh? One of the more enjoyable feelings of a mushroom trip was how everything around me seemed encased in a cotton haze...where pushing one's hand into the element around you met with a soft, giving resistance coupled with a very intense color...or aura..surrounding everything. All of this woven together with a gentle out-of-focus feeling while walking 2 feet off the ground. One's breath feels like it's being filtered through porous gauze and the skin tingles so subtly....

Outside of my likening the song to a mushroom high, I'd also liken it to meditation.

In a darkened room, perhaps a white candle flickering...taking in, and letting out your breath slowly and with gentle deliberation. Bringing everything to a stillness...quieting your mind and all the errant thoughts of the days past and those coming....

Eye's barely open and slighty out of focus eventually that breath is the only thing that you feel...the in...and then the out....

Pretty soon all the whirling thoughts...all the motion slows down...slows down to a calming stillness which you are in the middle of and breathing. All of life, all your thoughts are in a slow controlled rhythm of breathing and you begin to feel a tingling across your skin followed by a sensation running up and down your back. Willing this sensation in your spine outwards to meet the tingling on your skin you fill this volume that is you with each breath until the sensation envelops you entirely.

Mentioned before...namely at the beginning of Pushit on Salival...is to find a comfortable space. A place that is comfortable...and vulnerable.

This is that space.

Everything, for that eternal moment is suspended and you are in a void of clarity suspended between the in breath and the out breath.

At this moment anything could happen...you are vulernable.

"Mention this to me...mention something...mention anything...."

Whatever anything may be, will alter this one moment and send it cascading into a new direction.

Where will you go? Where will you let yourself go?

And then we drift into that moment of Reflection....almost as if in reaching that stillpoint we move upwards into the spiral driven by our breath into that unknown...seeing with virgin eyes and contemplating with an open, vulnerable mind those things that we push away in our day-to-day lives. Soaring above ourselves out on the spiral we 'see the weave' and notice things we hadn't before...about ourselves...about others

Lost in the reverie...timeless and drifting we hear something...feel something that pulls us back and down towards our mortal shell, our tether...day to day life starts to filter back into our perception...

This is where Triad trickles back in as the volume swells...for all that dreaming and euphoria where do we find ourselves? Back in what oftentimes might feel like a cold, harsh world where we feel we must don our hardended armor to survive. Where did that eternal moment go? What do we do now? How do we take what we reflected on and apply it to 'this reality'? Perhaps it's fitting that 'Triad', the third part of 'one' song is there.

Without stark reality this meditation, this moment, our life, would be without context...somewhere in all of this is that faint echo of that ever-reoccuring trinity.
If you read all that, thanks for entertaining the thought. I've got one drug induced moment that says it all that I wish I could share but I've found that there's no way to put into words what that one night did to me and f*ck if I can't find that squeegee, anymore.....

-Tant