PDA

View Full Version : abortion...

benson
05-09-2003, 04:11 PM
has anyone tossed around the idea of abortion perhaps being one of the many layers of this song? think about how the following track starts, as well...

DeadKennedys
05-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Actually abortion sounds like it is what Maynard was thinking of. Although I don't think he would do something like that.I was wondering if his father put alot of pressure on him and he really hated him for it . And he didn't want to be the type of father like his own.

seeker
05-15-2003, 12:58 AM
i think pushit is part of a series... it is the act that conceives of child. the next song, cesaro summability, is the developement of the child inside its mother (the lonely echoes of the baby's voice make me think it is inside a cave of sorts). finally there is ænema, which is the abortion.

what are the connections between my ideas? well, in pushit the word "faultline" is used sexually... the same word is used in the song ænema, though ænema is a song about destruction and flushing out problems (an abortion). in ænema, maynard refers to "mom" a couple of times... and of course, mom is the one responsible for the specific flushing of abortion.

i don't think it's beyond maynard to have been thinking of abortion... after all, his son was born in the vicinity of this record's creation. not to imply that he was thinking of having an abortion, but the cards would have been placed on the table by the doctors, especially since maynard and his lady weren't married. it's a valid observation... hope my thoughts help...